Register now to get rid of these ads!

will my car qualify for hunnert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chumscustoms, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechoop

thechoop

My eyes are burning!!! My eyes are burning!!!!! That's a helluva paint job on that '65 Cutlass. Too bad he isn't running wide whites too.

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Oh no....The wedding pics. My heart still bleeds for thay guy!

3. krooser

krooser

Bashers? Obviously you like the "kindler-gentler HAMB"... thank God you weren't on here 6/8/10 years ago. You'd be hung and dis-emboweled by now...

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

it could have been worse, he could have asked, "what's my rat rod four door worth?" holy shit, that would have been awesome! :)

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

monsterflake... I dig that wagon!

6. I drove 8 hours to get to my first Pile-Up last year not knowing if I could get in. I waited in line Saturday morning with a whole bunch of other guys wondering the same thing I was but honestly, if we got in it was a plus but if we didn't we were willing to sit on the spectator lot and walk in to see the cars that did. I had a ball meeting and talking to every one on the parking lots and cruising both Friday and Saturday night. Would I do it again under the same circumstances, YOU BET YOUR ASS I WOULD.
    Later,
    Dick

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I can't believe you SAVED that photo! I can now foresee it being a "HAMB classic" over the years. Poor guy.:rolleyes:

He'll be able to show them in the spectator parking lot but not in the show.

8. i hope your not the one that "sneaked in" that model a limo last year
    yuck

9. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

just to clarify something I was completely joking about sneaking anyone in. I am all about less shitty shock/4 door 64 cars. I go to have a good time with my friends not worry about weather my Toyota Tacoma will get in or not. I couldnt build anything as nice as that Limo.

10. To Tall

To Tall

Bill Brown :
    That’s a cool dog

11. monsterflake

monsterflake

it'd make a great tow vehicle for the drags, wouldn't it? it belongs to superfriend mark now, and can probably be had at a very reasonable price...

12. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

I wonder if they will let me "sneak him in"?:D

13. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

billbrown:

HAHAHAHAH Thats funny. As far as the thread topic, Chums just ask someone to put a picture of your car up. Like you said who cares or something like that.

14. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I busted my butt last year to get my car all ready for Hunnert assuming I would NOT get in, I just wanted to drive it there. Two days before the show I screwed my back up and couldn't go, Hell I couldn't even sit in the car!

I have even more work to do this year but Hunnert is my goal, once again assuming it won't get in. In fact I probably won't even try, I just want to drive it there. It's been down since April, I just want to drive it ANYWHERE!!!

15. monsterflake

monsterflake

that's the thing to keep in mind, driving your old car is the fun part, fighting with the guys at the gate is not. un-driveable ratrod shit boxes are no fun for anybody...

16. To Tall

To Tall

Hey !!! Is the guy that started this bullshit post gone or is still looking for a camera ????

17. To Tall

To Tall

Not like I am worried about destroying this post . I think they will let you in if you take his sister along

Attached Files:

18. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I drove 5 hrs. and was almost turned away. We did get in and had a great time. Like everyone said, you won't spend any time with your car except to get in the cooler.

This show is over way to early btw! Anybody in the area want to step up and put something together in the evening?

Nothing wrong with a moredoor.

19. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Only if he's a traditional breed. ;)

This thread is a riot. Ball busting by FNG's :rolleyes:

20. To Tall

To Tall

2000 yrs old :D

21. magnet

magnet

Chums.. if you drive your car to the pileup.. i will buy you a beer.. assuming your old enough to drink a beer.

Why does everyone call it the hunnert? :) We all call it "the pileup" ..."Da Pileup" chicago style phonetics.

You can thank Senor Zenor.. he is the one that actually named it.

The "rules" .. well guidelines were developed the first couple years.. by a gaggle of hambers.. we tweak them as need be. The thing to remember is.. there will always be something you wont like.. that got in the door. on a technicality.. or otherwise.. shit happens...who cares.

The other thing to remember.. is this aint no corporate goodguys show.. its a 100% volunteer operation that donates its proceeds to misc charities. So things wont be perfect.. big deal... if you dont like something.. put up or shut up.. there is a volunteer sign up on the website.. you are more than welcome to help out.

I have noticed that most of the people bitching about this and that the day of the show.. (i know this because i am the "guy to bitch at") are gold chainers .. thinking the pileup is going to be like every other show they have been too.. and they expect the same treatment amenities. I swear i am going to put up a sign..

Its the people who have a clue.. like the people discussing things on this post.. who sit back and smile and just let the pileup be its own thing.

Its the young guys that are just getting into traditional hot rods that need encouragement and guidance.. people to explain how it was supposedly done back in the day.. words of wisdom from experience.. or at least help from doing research and stuff like that.. don't bust their balls unless it really needs to be done.

And.. they hot rodded and customized four doors back in the day too.. just not as often.

My name is magnet.. i drive a stock '62 Impala.

22. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

yeah, but even though his great ancestors guarded chinese royalty he is still asian. First you let asian dogs in then the next thing you know there is an area for flat black Civics with the roofs chopped off. wow, did this go downhill real fast.

23. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Long live the Da Pileup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Your kidding right???:eek:
    The Pileup has some of the BEST after hours cruzn action of any traditional hot rod and custom event. Did you not make it to the little downtown Morris area?

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

[​IMG]

I think this is a perfect "case study" for the post. Although its a wagon, its probably done close to what the OPs car is.

I wouldn't have given a second thought to the wagon. If it was me at the gate, it would have been in no problem.

From a glance, it just looks like its lowered... accent colored wheels, and scallops. That qualifies in my book.

GRANTED, to me a 4 door wagon is still higher on the cool meter than a standard 4 door... but if a standard 4 door came in rocking this look, I'd probably think it over and let him in...

But... if it was flat black with red wheels, had repop stickers covering the windows and iron cross mirrors I'd really try to find a reason not to let it in.

I think what I'm saying is: keep it tasteful and subtle... clean and cool and you should have no problem.

(you could always PM one of the Chrome Czars with pictures and get your approval behind the scenes if needed.)

26. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Well said Thirdyfivepickup

27. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I just read the rules. It doesn't mention "rats" at all anywhere. I'm just sayin.

28. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

It also doesn't say anything about guns, spacecraft, or bridges...

just sayin

29. It DOES say something about no dogs though.

Don't try to sneak in your dog please. It's fairground rules.

30. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yeah, seriously?!?!? SERIOUSLY!?? Where have you BEEN? We put a lot of effort into making the Pileup more than a one day show... while keeping it a one day show. Come down to the Red Cent on Friday AND Saturday nights for great rockabilly, surf, jump blues, surf and psychobilly bands, and great food. PLUS you get to hang out with everyone who drove from several states away to be there, who hang out on the HAMB, etc, and watch some nice cruising.

BTW, NICE wagon! Wagons and 4 doors were used for push/tow vehicles, and were often customized by kids who couldn't afford 2 doors... but they rarely made the magazines. Doesn't mean they didn't exist.

Yes, yes, and yes!

and you helped bring it there! :D But seriously, no dogs are allowed in the Pileup. Asian, Russian, French, or good old American mutts. Fairground rules forbid pets of any kind. We turned away a guy who brought chickens one year.

Exactly, yep, ...and you also wear Birkenstocks... so it just goes to show you that cool guys don't have to fit the stereotype... and they can have a sweet pompadour and wear hippy sandals, but it's kind of a mindfuck. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.