Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gassah Guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ganga, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ganga

ganga

I was at Winterport Dragway in Winterport Maine this past Saturday and saw the Drag Club the Gassah Guys run. What a great group of guys. The track is an old airport and is a throw back to the 60's just like Orange, Ma airport and Sanford, Maine. They run an eighth mile program. The group had a Henry J with a nailhead and quads, A 56 Chevy with a straight axle way up, a 64 Nova with a blown small block, a Prefect panel with a small ford and my favorite a small block chevy powered front engine dragster with a 40 ford rear and a 2 speed stick. The guy stood the car on the push bar on every run. Jimmy King of the King and Marshall top fueler was coaching the kid who was driving. I think there is some footage on youtube. I was impressed with the club and the track.

2. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

only an FNG would post this with no pics.......

3. Lost1

Lost1

WTF no pics come on FNG

4. ganga

ganga

You guys are killing me.....it was bad enough that my camera had a dead battery so I missed the whole f....g thing. I thought the you tube reference might redeem me.

guess not!!

5. CGP Pros

CGP Pros
    from Maine

Hey, I just started looking around here and registered.
    I just wasted you guys to know, I have a buddy (his father, brother and another friend) who will be racing with the Gassah Guys this year (2013).

I will be shooting (hopefully all) this season in Winterport. I've taken most of my shots from last year down off my website, however there are a few up in my "old slide" folder. Three to be exact although there are some shots we did of a couple cars/sleds for a trucking company you may enjoy.

If you raced there, not sure, it was cold...October maybe, contact me and I will put more back up on the site. I've shot a few hundred pictures or so....

Either way, look for us shooting the races this year up in Winterport. I'm also looking to set up a spot to take some portraits for drivers and their cars.

Please have a look..... www.cgppros.com

See you at the track!!

Rich

6. Introduction? HRP

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I race there this weekend. still going strong!

8. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

What are you, a Maineack?? Don't you know that no good deed goes unpunished.

9. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny