Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official Chevy Panel Truck Picture Thread!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KernCountyKid, Jan 19, 2008.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

It's an early 1947 which looks like the 46, but it is titled as a 1947 GMC. This is the one ton version with a Buick 455.

Attached Files:

2. lowmaster

lowmaster

my Dad has a 36 Chevy panel. This is a terrible pic but that truck hasn't seen daylght in 15 years now!!

[​IMG]

3. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Here's a few more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 54GMC

54GMC
    from NY

Mine over the last 25 years

Attached Files:

• ha.jpg
      ha.jpg
      File size:
      106.7 KB
      Views:
  5. JamesG

JamesG

I use to all the time. It's gone to South Carolina and I have a '61 Impala now.:D

6. mckustoms

mckustoms

Here's mine. I'm in the process of an S-10 frame swap along with a 350- 350 combo.
    Frenched duel 59 caddy tail lights, 49-50 olds headlight treatment. And way low....
    [​IMG]

7. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

I think out of all the cars I miss, I miss my panel the most... still looking for one...

8. Patrick46

Patrick46

Oh my Gawd!!!!...("now muh damn keyboard iz all sticky!!!!!!")
    I've found mecca!!!!

Gawd how I love panels and coe's!!!! here's mine vvvv

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bitchin' Thread!!!

9. Patrick46

Patrick46

by the way...I got my mirrors from a mid-80's Chevy pick-em-up truck. They're bigger, but they fit very well on the panel...and I've got NO BLINDSPOTS!!!:cool:

I'm an old truck driver, and I have this need to see just what's comin' up from behind. :eek::eek::eek:

10. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

Cool Thread, Love them Chevy Panels. I have a 1947 Chevy Milk Truck that needs work. I'll post some pics soon.
    See Ya! Randy

11. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Here's the 1 tonner 50 that followed me home today.

[​IMG]

12. ratpak

ratpak
    from Onsted, Mi

very sweet looking Dan!!!! i love the way those look.....

13. Lim34

Lim34

My Blown 48

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Thank god for that!!! Dan is definitely the man! Next year I'm going to Bonneville in that 1 Ton!! I'm so happy

Klaus

15. hershambob

hershambob

i have just purchased this in LA
    [​IMG]

16. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

Oh wow! Old memories! I bought my first panel truck in 1977 when i was 15. It was a late 47. I fixed it up and drove it to CA. in 81 when I was in the Navy. Some a holes set it on fire on base.I bought my 53 Suburban in 83 as a rolling shell, switched everything out, drove it in primer for 13 years restored it in 99. Yes, this is the same one you posted. That picture was from ebay. I sold it to a flipper for 16.5 cash and I heard he flipped it for 20. I owned it for 23 years and built that thing from the ground up. It had a 261 ,4 barrel, Fentons ,Smitty's 4 speed Saginaw. original susp. I sold it to finance my 69 Roadrunner resto. I also have a really cool original picture of the panel truck my grandfather had that was my original inspiration to own one. I will post it when I get it scanned.This truck was built from parts from 30 different trucks. I painted it myself. It took a month to buff out all the orange peel.
    [​IMG]

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Yes, yes you are my friend! And your kind purchase has funded a Hemi for Eli's '52 3100! Or another 1 ton panel I've found!!!

18. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Dan thats nice...Not fair but still nice.

The one you put me on to in N.C. didn't pan out. The vehicle was offered, I think, at around 2500.00. I think the vehicle has been sitting outdoors in primer for the last year. Now they decide they want 4000.00.

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Since Klaus gets the blue one, I had to find one for ME...
    Better pictures to come once I download from the camera! It came from Arizona...moved to Babalona...King Tut...

Plans are 454/th350, posi rear, light gear (2.70s?) Trailblazer seats, fixing the stupid holes in the side...blue. It will be my soon to be 14 year old's rod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. XsSpeed

XsSpeed
    from MD

I just scored this 65 yesterday. It's got a straight 6 in it with, I think, a dana rear.
    [​IMG]

21. XsSpeed

XsSpeed
    from MD

Does anyone know what rear will be the easiest swap for long distance cruizin?

22. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

If it has a Dana I'd look to just swap gears. If it has an Eaton rear (likely) swap to a Dana or a 14-bolt.

23. oldy57

oldy57

This one belongs to a friend Bill Harrison. It is an original Canadian Army unit.
    [​IMG]

24. oldy57

oldy57

I hope to have these 2 in the next month or so. 50 and 51 panels. The white one under the tarp was found in a warehouse, it had been there for over 25 years. The body is rust free. The guy who has it now put it on a newer Chev 4x4 frame. It is not cut up or modified at all. All body panels are very nice. The blue one has some rust but it is very restorable. He also has tons of rust free front fenders, hoods and doors with the package deal. 350 4 bolt main motor and a trans with it. S10 frame, newer Malibu clip, rear ends, and more. The blue one has a factory sway bar still under it. The white ones original frame has a mustang 11 front in it and a 10 bolt rear.
    I was thinking of slamming the white one and making a slammed trailer out of the blue one. I thought of using a front grille, and maybe 6" of the front fenders and hood and welding it on the firewall. Could put both on air ride and do the same paint on both. Satin black with scallops on both, wide whites. It would make a unique ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. fishwacker

fishwacker

Great thread & thanks for all the pics.

I guess I should add mine to the Panel Pile.

Attached Files:

26. Here's another:

Attached Files:

27. DonaldTaylor

DonaldTaylor

Hi...does anyone know of a chopped truck that we could hire for a TV commercial...ideally in black.

We would obviously pay for the trucks usage.

You can email me at [email protected]

Many thanks for your time

28. _ogre

_ogre
    from Motown

another big girl, my 59 1 ton panel
    picture taken in 78, it's gone downhill since
    [​IMG]

29. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I like them full-figured jobs. Been wanting one for about 20 years now, still can't justify it, and really don't have any room anyway.

Passed on a 58 1/2 ton panel about 6 months ago. No room to park/build/store.

Devin

30. Recognise Ian McCoubreys beautiful panel anywhere!!!:D