Register now to get rid of these ads!

How rare are 54 GMC 5 window's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1badnov, Jul 10, 2009.

1. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

I never see any 54 5 window GMC's & I was wondering just how rare they are & is the dash 1 year only?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

Yes, not many of them around and yes on the dash, one year only..the ashtrays and glove box doors are hard to find. Some of the front sheet metal may be hard to get as well. '54 Chevy front clips are different than earlier trucks.

3. Manufactured in 1954 and one half of the year 1955. I had two of these cabs, at one time. The ash tray, horn button, glove box sure are hard to find, if they are missing. The cab sure looks to be solid in the floor board area. Nice truck. I like all the open window area with it being a 5 window cab, with the one piece windshield.

4. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

I would like to know also how many were produced, I think the 55 1st series was the last of the AD's, here is a before and after

Attached Files:

5. James427

James427
    BANNED

One less that I know about.

Attached Files:

6. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

A friend of mine has a 5 window roof, cut off below the body line, with no glass forsale. I belive he wants $200 cash. PM me if anybody is interested. Roof is located in Menasha WI 54956

7. :rolleyes:These old trucks are getting rarer,everyday. By crushing the old tin,... it is just helping to bring the value up, for the vehicles that still exist.

8. seret

seret

that is so cool to see, my first car when I was 16, was a 54 gmc 5 window with a hydramatic, first year for automatic in a truck I was told.

9. On the 21st I should be getting a 1950 3/4 ton 3 window minus engine and trans for $600.00

10. I don't have to worry about one of those damn restorers getting ahold of my 54 GMC, not only one year dash but the wrap around chrome parking light bezels

Attached Files:

11. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I own two of them today, including one with a Hydra-Matic. They were not a 1 year thing, as they were made both in '54 and the first half of '55.

The Hydra-Matic was available in GMC trucks starting in '52 but they are rare before '54. There was a fire at the factory so not many were available to put in trucks.

I've found many of the interior parts by buying them out of bigger trucks.

While the exact dash design is unique to the '54/'55 1st GMC's, the '55 to '59 GMC's have a very similar dash.

I love these trucks and currently own three '54/'55 1st GMC's including my Suburban. I want a '55 1st GMC COE.