Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Hey Got'Cha,

I just wanted to let you know that I made reservations for you at the local hospice. Just look for the large orange tent in the Sepulveda Basin. When you get there, hand your wallet to the homeless, err...I mean the guy on duty. He will take care of everything. Also, since you are in such great shape, I signed you up for Rascal Basketball, Rascal (Tackle) Football and Rascal Dodge ball. This may require a 3rd battery for the Rascal. When you buy it, have them add a set of Rascal sand tires, as there will be a trip to the beach. They are having a Rascal surfing competition and I know how much you would like to get involded in that!

Try to get a good night's sleep. I can only imagine how rough that is to do while sitting up.

2. With T-shirt vendors, Tommy's Burger trailer, and Groucho going the wrong way in the Rydell lot.........how will anyone ever leave the lot to cruise:D:confused::p?? Sorry Reid, but I didn't wanna get stuck behind those 2 cars for another second

3. I think I caught a glimpse of the Ranchero as you cruised through Ralph's later that night. God, I wanna say green flake on the top?? I pretty much stalled my conversation to look at it. NICE

4. LMFAO. Snot bubbles and everything:D!

5. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

One thing I want to make clear...I did not ask for the Tommy's truck. In fact, when the In-n-Out truck issue came up last month, told them no to it.... I wanted people to hit the locals...Which happened. I received a phone call Wed morning informing me it would be there...This was brought in by Rydell...And seeing as it's their lot, they do have say in what goes on......
    We had a much larger turn out and along with it some growing pains, but I'm going to try to get this sorted out before AUGUST 12th guys.....
    I was so busy trying to keep the lot organized (really looked like it, huh?) that I never even made one lap down the street...I got there at 5:30 and never fired my car back up until I left at 11:45....
    But damn....I still had a good time!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  6. hey groucho i seen a video were that dude from live car shows ask you how is the blvd tonight!

and you said

get in a car and find out!

funny shit.

also i was watching some of there videos it seems like the dude only interviewed people with muscle cars. there was times when some bad ass customs were pulling in the lot and the guy didn't even bother looking at them, what a duche!

7. Hey Miguel,
    What's up buddy. That's called ratings. Every shitbag sitting at home knows what a muscle car is opposed to a custom because of marketing and EVRYBODY has or had an SS Chevelle or Camaro or Nova or Muttstang or your Mopar ILK. I can't tell you how many times some moron asks me if I have a 327 in my '55 Chevy because it's a word they know. If they ever did a show about customs not lowriders then who would watch? But you throw the words muscle car in and now you got an audience. Oooh yeah, 427 4spd ramair posi dual quads 409 hemi......... I know all about those blah blah blah. Custom? What's a Custom? A shame I know....

8. rev106

rev106

I tend to agree, I went to the grocery for a snack (local) and felt the roach coach should be shooed away so we can support local businesses.

9. Navymailman

Navymailman

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and wish to post some pics from last Wednesday's cruise event. I don't see a dedicated thread for just pictures of this event other than this one, so hopefully it won't be too much trouble if I start posting pictures here. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them. I had a fabulous time with my family and enjoyed the trouble free environment, keep up the good work and look forward to the next event.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. How can I find that video??

11. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

And something tells me there will be even more roach coaches next month as the word gets out. Everyone is gonna try and spin a buck off of this deal.

Agreed, we really need to support the merchants who live there not the ones who drive up for the night (although the ice cream truck was good).

alan

12. Navymailman

Navymailman

13. Navymailman

Navymailman

14. Navymailman

Navymailman

15. Navymailman

Navymailman

16. SHRUM

SHRUM

Thanks for the pics! Man it looks like a great time.

17. Navymailman

Navymailman

18. Navymailman

Navymailman

19. Searcher

Searcher

Great Pix .....thanks

20. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Awwww, can't we all just get along?

21. Navymailman

Navymailman

22. Navymailman

Navymailman

23. Navymailman

Navymailman

24. Navymailman

Navymailman

25. Navymailman

Navymailman

26. Navymailman

Navymailman

27. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Reid - Just a note. When Joe and I picked up the lot trash just before 11pm, we noticed that most of the trash (at least 80% of it) was Tommy's burgers boxes and discards. If Rydell is going to have a food truck in the lot, that is where the trash is going to end up (again, no trash cans). If people cruise to other eating establishment, that is where the trash will be discarded...(unless it is brought back to the Rydell lot to consume). Earlier in the evening, Joe walked over to KFC to get our dinner, but we saved the bag from there to put our trash in and walk it to the can by the dealership door.

It was just an observation about the Tommy's trash for future reference. I would strongly discourage the dealership from "inviting" any other food trucks to their lot. Plus, the airborne grease from these trucks is murder on the cars' paint. I, for one, wouldn't want to park anywhere near a burger truck with my pearl paint.

All in all, a great cruise. Thanx for all of your hard work. It didn't go unnoticed.

28. That airborne grease is the only "protection" my car's paint gets:D. It's like Armour All:p

29. Navymailman

Navymailman

30. Reid, I think you should set up your T-shirt booth in one of the parking spots that people coming in the main driveway are looking straight into. I'm sure a LOT of people would've loved one, that maybe didn't know about them. BTW, GREAT job on them, and thanks for bringing them out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.