Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Girl With New "Guns". . .Thanks To Lux!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MissPrint, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MissPrint

MissPrint

First off, I know that I have been remiss in posting about Audrey the Edsel of late. . .but it simply because there hasn't been much to report :rolleyes:

See, I've just been driving my car. . .I know, silly grrl that I am, I've been driving her ;):D

I've made the executive decision NOT to get back on the rest of my body work and paint until the end of the year. . .Several reasons for this. . .

I've worked my nails to the quick ;) getting my grrl up and running, from interior (Thanks MOM!!), to new front end suspension, to door poppers, to new master cylinder (Thanks Dart for all your help with that!), to exchanging out my carbs (not once, not twice but 3xs :eek: -- many thanks to El Lunchetto for finally gettin'er done!), to hours and hours of de-chroming, stripping and sanding and more sanding (Thanks to DaPhantom, 8SparkPlugs, Mom, Dad, and Drock, Jobe, HellOnWheels, Flat Broke and Robert, for all your labour and support!!!), shooting primer and paint (Thanks to pschopainter and Lux for your skills and patience with the new paint and body grrrrl!) and well. . .I've ONLY had this car for a year. . .so I think I've brought her a really long way (even tho, as the poem goes. . ."Miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I dream" ;):D)

And welllll. . .to be perfectly honest. . .I just wanna drive my car this summer. . .Enjoy her for the first time in months, without takin' her off the road again. . .

Once we get thru BilletProof (July), HAMB Drags (August), Barons' Run (Sept.), Them! Invasion (Sept.), Kreatures Just Barely There Show (Sept/Oct), Day of the Drags (Oct.), Pistons N Paint (Nov.) and The VooDoo Dolls Benefit Show (Dec.) THEN I'll get back to the final paint stage in the months running up to next year's Round-Up. . .

BUT the BIG news for today is this. . .My exhaust FINALLY works!!! :D

Lux, talented, remarkable "Mr. Good Kat" that he is, installed 2 1/2" stainless pipe, and 28" Thrush glasspacks. . . I had the pleasure of watching him do the final welds and install last night (late late last night, when it had finally done something similiar to cooling off here in the center of the sun). . .

She sounds AMAZING :eek: and I can finally start to do some of the fine tuning on my engine (now that I can actually HEAR what's going on). . .

I'm takin' her out for a spin around the town tonight and I'll post pics of our adventure when I get home (Don't wait up kids, who knows when I'll roll back into the parking lot! :D)

P.S. Thanks to everyone who's been checking in on me, just been workin'. . .and workin' . . .and workin' . . .and well, workin' :rolleyes:

2. we need a video with sound!

3. Good decision! Working on them is a must but driving them Kicks Ass. Go have some Fun, you've earned it.
    The Wizzard

4. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

well, we couldn't let You get all carbon monoxided, right? You would look funny with 2 different sized pupils and little stars spinning around Your head.

it was a fun job- and the first time I have ever removed an entire exhaust system with my bare hands and a set of wire cutters. made me feel all rowdy and stuff. (ARRRGH!! Lux bend pipe with bare hands! ARRRRGH!)

and it's pronounced schtainless. with a snooty hamptons accent.

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

its the little things that make driving the cars fun....like not dying from exhaust poison. put some miles on her and lets see a video clip.

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome.... pics and video needed!! :D

You gonna race at the HAMB Drags??? Lets run 'em!

Malcolm

7. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

drive the wheels off of er

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

Your posts have always been very inspiring to me,,,it's great to see someone so passionate about this hobby of ours,,,,I admire your persistance, determination, and drive...Audrey has really come a long way in a short amount of time,,you've accomplished a TON in just a year,,,you should be VERY proud of yourself..not only is she looking good, I'll bet she just purrrrs now,,,I know you drive the shit out of that car, and the road trips will be SO much more pleasureable now for you,,,the car just gets better and better,,,shows what can be accomplished when you have a plan, some drive and have your priorities straight,,,,you rule!!!

9. 63Compact

63Compact

Enjoy it then get back to it.

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

we need stripper pictures allso ! :)

11. MissPrint

MissPrint

I don't think Lux would appreciate it if I posted his pics on here :p;):D

Seriously, thank y'all for all your continued support and "atta gals" throughout my paint journey. Y'all are much appreciated. . .more than you'll ever know. . .

Waiting for the sun to go down and then I'm gonna go vrrroooom vrrrooom. ..

With no passing out this time! ;):D:cool:

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I once saw Lux bend a pipe with his eyes, then he welded it with his finger...

13. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

14. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

dude. as a general rule, never eat potato salad that has been in the sun for over an hour. it will cause hallucinations.

15. RAY With

RAY With

Well Missprint glad to see you making all that progress and hell yea take a break. Its time to cruise a little and bench race Glad to see all the Austin gang pitching in on the help. That makes things go so much faster.Amy and I will be at billetproof and have reservations already set up so see ya there.

16. I wish I would have known this before lunch yesterday, would explain some things that happened today.

Brad

17. RichG

RichG

Ka-ruse it!!!

18. Abomb

Abomb

It's way too easy to get burned out on a project if you never drive it. Driving it for fun re-energizes you for the winter "work". Good choice.

19. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Sounds like the bomb!

20. Brandi

Brandi

Very cool, girl! Enjoy that ride and it'll make ya even more fired up to get it done for next year.

21. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Lux love metal. Lux make metal go vroom. Behold, Lux of No Crush.

22. Choptop

Choptop

cant wait to hear it at Giddings.

23. :D:D LOL!

Good work Missy, Lux! Now go have some FUN!:cool:

24. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Sure is a funny looking thing :D Just pullin' your getaway sticks. Glad to see our girl is getting some windshield time. I've owned, built, hammered and sold many cars over the years. Never have I been as happy about the next owner as I am now. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you have her. No one else would have been right. Keep on keepin' on! Oh and about the exhaust...I always wondered why I could only drive that car for a few minutes before I'd start to pee my pants and see the Tele-Tubbies doing the Hokie Pokie on the hood. Lux, you may have taken half the fun out of driving that car.

25. missysdad1

missysdad1

Man, can I ever relate to that! Seems like I can't get to making much progress on my new ride, either!

Glad to hear that you're making good progress on yours!

One step at a time will get it done! :)

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

very cool, I still haven't finished my Buick since I've been driving it. to much fun. see you guys in Joplin.

27. Can' blame ya...99 percent of us build them to drive them...have fun and pick up where ya left off later

28. bigken

bigken

Schweeet - nuttin' like more PROGRESS............

29. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Ya gotta drive um! Cruise on Missprint! "Schtainlish" Jolly good Lux ol boy!

30. Laura

Laura

Yay yay yay...!