Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trash cans? They GAVE us this great lot, and we need them to provide trash cans too? What's wrong with the fucking car that brought the trash. Use IT for a fucking trash can, and show some respect. That's what I did with my Arby's trash. Jesus Christ

2. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

THE REAL ONE???? The real one included Bobby Carson (RIP), Tomiko Robinson (RIP), etc.. You mean the REAL RE-BIRTH don't you? And why even discuss it? It ain't yours anyway. Go if you want, like we did in the '70's! Van Nuys Blvd. belongs to EVERY AMERICAN, you guys really like arguing between yourself's don't you? Get over yourself's------go cruise, race, use walkers to chase the opposite sex, spit (or dribble) at cops, pick up your trash.

3. Uh oh, Bash is bashing. I LIKE the logo:p

4. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd?
    That's a bad thing? I guess if your stingy and wanna be the boss it is.

5. DJR13

DJR13
    from Venice, Ca

Can someone post the logo please? thanks

6. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Can you post what the logo looks like, MCM

7. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Nothing wrong with "Heads up", credible or not, at least you woke up some "lazy" minds. You go gurl!

8. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

man i wish i was there oh well 90 more days in the sandbox and i'll be stateside again, cant wait i should either make the nov or dec one, this time in the 54 instead of the wifes camry :s either way its gonna be a blast, unlike cruising over here, lol :D

9. Bash

Bash

Originally Posted by Bash
    News Flash from Kent Bash:

As the city of Van Nuys was approaching it's centennial, city fathers wanted to do something special to commemorate this grand occasion.

However, in thinking of all the great things that Van Nuys was famous for, they came to realized that every important social ritual such as things like cruising had been stopped, and every important landmark like Bob's, Oscars, A&W and both the Van Nuys & Victory Drive-in had been torn down.

Paranoid, that the public out cry may cause a renaissance in things that are both fun and beautiful, they funded a secrete project to create the ultimate protector of the so called public good.

They had planned to release this menace on the first Van Nuys cruise night revival on June 10th '09, except for an amazing stroke of luck. Thieves had broken into their lab, and all the Atomic robot killer cop heads were stolen right off the robots. The crime took place at the L.A.P.D.’s artificial intelligence laboratories in Van Nuys.

Unfortunately, as a consequence of poor police intelligence, the police were not able to shake out a single possible suspect, or come up with a single clue, or a scintilla of evidence to help and apprehend the thieves. The K2-2000 Copbot model 12, was the latest in robot technology.

A self contained atomic unit capable of passing out 2 to 3 thousand traffic tickets daily, plus handling any and all major crimes single handed, all while sporting that bad tempered high school bully attitude.

The theft has led to closing of the program, since the K2-2000 Copbot’s inventor’s disappearance coinciding, around the same time. He was last seen escaping in a big block Mustang down Van Nuys Boulevard.

Apparently what ever intelligents the police had, was lost when they lost their heads.

Hey Got'cha,

So you think I'm pulling your leg? I have other news to report in my next report " What happened to the K-2001 Copbot Helmets?" These helmets were designed to aid the regular police officer in both daily duties, and for unexpected, dangerous, and out of the ordinary situations.

Unfortunately, they went haywire went these helmets caught a virus. Learn the tragic details at 11

10. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

NAILED YOU REID!! And you told me YOU were the boss!?

11. The dark area is a nice blue, not black as it may appear

[​IMG]

12. some people stayed home because of her comment.

me i don't care ticket or not i haven't gotten a ticket cruising since 93 on hollywood blvd! i go out there with im getting a ticket in my mind! lets see i got no front plate, no windshild wipers, no ground clearance, no turn signals, no horn, no seat belts, ect ect ect so if i do get one cruising is well worth it!

13. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

So your gonna take your gurlfriend home this time? YUK YUK!

14. for all you people that can't just take your fucken TRASH WITH YOU! maybe we should charge them for parking in the lot that way we have funds to buy trash cans and bags!

PEOPLE TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU! end of story!

15. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Hold on guys, it's getting racist, something wrong with bikes??????? Shouldn't even go there. RIGHT??I made that mistake once. OK several times but you'd think I was worth listening too. No? OK. LOL.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  16. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Sounds like a great evening, I made the first one last month but could not attend this time around. What about a PayPal link so some of the members here and throw in a buck or two to help pay for things like 10 of those cardboard trash cans, where all you do is pull out the liner. 25 peeps at 2 bucks equals, what, almost 50 bucks. Should cover it. With H.A.M.B. logos on the for free advertising.

AND / OR offer them shirts For Sale to the masses and include .50 each as built in trash fund.

People can be slobs, no changing that.

17. Searcher

Searcher

A few pictures....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Isn't the next statement, "I'll meet you on Woodley and let my car do the talking. Pinks?"......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

alan

19. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I rode in a buddy's car-road race mustang-and we didn't end up at Rydell's, but it's super cool of them to step up like they have. I can't help clean up since I go to work way before people are leaving, but I'll kick in a few bucks towards supplies if anybody wants to haul a trash can over there or buy a broom and dustpan. Gotta help out how I can.

20. Searcher

Searcher

We need to find a Hot Rod parking lot sweeper.

21. Did Olympia Washington just get internet?

22. MCM

MCM

I guess you can't please everybody :rolleyes:

I wasn't approaching this as a t-shirt design, it was a logo design, and we talked about making it look like a vintage sticker type of thing (the weathering effect didn't come across at all on the shirt). Anyway, here it is:

[​IMG]

23. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

It has a great retro look like the decals they used to put on airplane propellers.

Great job, I for one really liked it.

alan

24. That is cool how can I get one?

25. MCM

MCM

I think the main problem with a lot (not all) of smokers is that they seem to think that the butts just vanish into thin air the second it leaves their fingers, never to be seen again. One of my best friends is a smoker, super nice guy and everything, one time he's having a smoke out on my front porch, finishes it, and without giving it a second thought, just flicks the butt into the bushes in my front yard. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why I was staring at him like he was from another planet until I pointed out what he did, at which point he got totally embarrassed and started scrambling around in the bushes to pick it up...

And just so you don't think I'm only picking on smokers, I'll also say that most gum chewers are exactly the same way :D

26. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Another great night!
    Took these shots before it got busy from on top of a bright green fire truck! Really never know what you're going to see out there...

27. Bash

Bash

Yes, you are right. It does have that vintage look, and it does look period.

28. nitronut3

nitronut3
    from SoCal

Groucho read it again NOT THEM, US.. "Maybe people can pitch in just a lil $ and get some of those cardboard trash cans for the parking lot" I ment as in "US Cruzers" not Rydell. I should of put the "us" in there Now do you understand? Thanks

29. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Cool - Sounds like another volunteer to help us pick up cigarette butts - when you make it down here!

30. nitronut3

nitronut3
    from SoCal

I think the shirts and stickers look great Thanks for doing it!! I would gladly pay for bigger stickers. hint hint ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.