Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects To help curb street racing..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69fury, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.smith

mr.smith

you get it,

2. So who the fuck is surf?

No one is talking a little stoplight action here. The kids get in front drive cars that daddy warbucks paid for and try and be Vin Diesel on steroids.
    They can't drive 'em and the econo boxes can't get out of the way.

I like the idea of KCIR being open and where it is. But haveing a drag strip open isn't going to change enything. The kids that are street raceing don't even know its there, and I probably don't speak their language. So maybe some of you young fellas can get out there and drag 'em down on grudge night.

3. You need to sue this kid and his parents in small claims court. Most of the TV-show judges would rip this kid a new asshole on national TV, it might be worth the trouble.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

The problem with tracks is it is a bunch of stuck up old guys trying to better their times from last week with their $15k pro built motors and their wrinkle wall pro-street monsters. Which isnt a friendly, fun environment for even the most serious young ricers, racers, and rodders. Tracks need to be able to stay open later, and there needs to be more of them

On top of it all you get the same affect as bars get, how young guys dont want to hang out with old guys and versa-visa but instead of finding a new bar without the old guys they street race

You cant please everyone, and especally when tracks are all owned by older guys it is difficult to get a younger following

5. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thats why I like my little town I know many of the people who own old rides that actually drive them and I know people who work on them for a living. not much street racing going on around my town exept for my story I told on this post earlyer. Nice people own our draagstrip. some highskoolers run there cars there too.

6. Only if they are going faster than 9.99 sec do you need all of this equipment at a NHRA track. In Mi. there are a couple of outlaw tracks that are basically run what you brung tracks. They will let you run with out all of that equipment once.
    George

7. You know, my guess is a day or two later that kid was with his buddies and they were talkin' about how cool the whole experience was. I mean ... it was just like in those "Fast and Furious" movies ... right?

Well, I've done my share of street racing in the past (on mostly remote rural roads) and I like to go fast on occassion. But it has never been cool to lose control of anything when pushing things beyond your ability or takin' foolish chances that could hurt innocent bystanders. It's always been called "being stupid". Sometimes it seems that there is more stupid behavior today than in the past. Maybe, it seems that way 'cause I'm reachin' "Geezerdom".

At any rate, I'm glad no one was hurt ... but, you're right, it could have easily been deadly. The cops would've probably had to lock me up for kickin' that kid's @ss.

8. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

hey nick glad to here you and your girl are ok ...you can always replace property ...

yea it sucks here on the island there are no legit places to run your car /bike / etc .its sucks ya end up spending more money to travel to jersey than it cost to run ya car ..

im a street racer here on long island i have a 630 horsepower turbo honda civic with a full cage and all the extra saftey crap..i do street race but only and i stress only when its at a spot where there are no traffic ,people, and its at a certain spot where it usaually goes down.
    most of the time its after 2 am and there is no people around but who ever is running there car ...i went out last night to run my car was sitting at the one of many race spots i attend the cops came and actually watched a couple of runs ..all they said was keep it safe and have a good night ..sometimes when it is done correct they dont care really...

its always these kids that there mommy and daddys buy them these cars they cant handle that kill them selfs and innocent people, cause they wanna be apart of something they will never understand...

9. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

VERY true.

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

Oh his mother had some words with me as to why i told her son I wanted to kill him, i explained to her that it was said out of emotion but if I saw my dog or my girlfriend laying in my yard hurt or dead she would be unzipping a bag to identify her son. The funny thing is the cop told me as long as I slam their heads against the window he would determine the death as "on impact", hahahaha. If you look at the sid eshot of the car the dent in the rear quarter was a left hook, I had to get it out of my system before those kids got out of the car.

RustyNewYorker - I did sue, its the only way I was getting my money, I am just waiting on the check. I had to have a buddy (attorney) send out the letters and he wound up getting the settlement.

But all in all, I am out a ton of time, aggravated and my yard has looked like shit for the past 6 weeks because this kid wanted to show off to his buddy.

11. On the subject of getting kids to the tracks, I live about 15 minutes from Atlanta International Raceway, and they started what they call "Friday Night Drags". It's heads up racing, using a flagman. There are no E.T.s ... it's first to the finish line wins. It draws a pretty diverse crowd of racers. You'll see everything from trailered in race cars to rice burners to ATVs.

The racing takes place on the pit road and is 1/8th mile. The only requirements are that you have to have a drivers license and you must wear a helmet. They will not allow things like blown fueled dragsters and such. The cost is about $10.00 to race, if I remeber correctly.

I don't know if there are any statistics that show any decrease in street racing, but it has to help somewhat. Nevertheless, similar events could be staged at other tracks and it would at least be offering a venue for young racers. My 2 cents worth. :)

12. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Yeah, no kidding...

13. Street racing is fun. Too bad it's hard to find to find good spots in the city anymore.

14. mr.smith

mr.smith

15. "...their are stupid teens out there runnin' shit"

That's the ones I was referrin' to. You ain't one of 'em.

"those accidents you hear on the news are the stupid teens who do pretend to be fast nd furious stars"

That's right ... we're actually in agreement.

Keep in mind the only difference between you & me is that I'm just a somewhat older kid.:)

And, above all, remember what I said ... you ain't one of the ones I was talkin' about. And, also be assured ... I know there are probably almost as many stupid ol' fucks as young ones, generally speakin'. We just happened to be talkin' about young ones this time. :)

You're OK in my book.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I need a dozen '32's I can only hope it happens then for sure i'll be the baddest SOB out there

Btw just to put views in perspective, i'm 24

17. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Online petitions don't get you anywhere FYI

18. mr.smith

mr.smith

,k wow big deal your just one out of millions

19. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

20. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

You and Surf sound like the idiots we are trying to get off the streets!

Go ahead, take a chance, ride the bus!

21. mr.smith

mr.smith

hey daddy fink go play with your plastic toys you childish fuck,
    texting her "bff" wtf practice what you preach homie
    nd yeah surf nd chevyrod47 got it right life is all bout takin' chances not playin' with plastic toys in your garage,

22. Mr. Smith, I hope you read my reply to you. I agree with what you said. I also agree with your sentiments on the collaboration between older rodders and the up coming generations of rodders.

I understand that the tuners and such are somewhat a modern incarnation of hot rodding. I do not condemn the cars; I condemn the stupid drivers that you spoke of.

23. mr.smith

mr.smith

i did read it nd infact was quite pleased with it,
    i value your opinion, unfortunately not so much with some others

24. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

25. 69fury

69fury

I never said MUSCLECARS were cheaper than ever. I said HORSEPOWER is cheaper than ever. Get yourself a forged rotator, a couple snails and the pipes, bag a fuel system, and tune a thousand horse mill. Shit, the TEKSID block in Lincolns (Mod Motor) can easily stand 900 hp. Need a 1200hp (at the tires)Supra? There's about 12 of them in KC. We've got a VERY streetable stock interior (caged),91Camaro with a twin turbo 427 gen1 motor that should be between 12-1400 hp AT THE TIRES.

I feel downright embarassed with my 415 LA mopar making only 462hp/520lbft because its a 20 year old spec motor.

Horsepower is cheap nowadays. Get some. But take it to the track, Yes I street race. I'm not Fast and the Furious tho and i'd rather be at the track, where i can do it without fear of the bad stuff happening.

26. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Ha! I normally do not assume, but, in this case I was right!

You are a fucking idiot!

That's cute, calling me Homie! I bet you rule the 'burbs up there! :D

27. mr.smith

mr.smith

'burbs ? im sry are you texting your BFF
    nd thats where i picked it up from you fuckn faggit, you think i live there ?

im the idoit? no see i will never let myself become a degenerate homo playin' with toy cars like some petafile in his garage you fuckin' douche

28. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Are you sure you're Canadian? You are beginning to sound like a southern redneck (with no offense to southern rednecks).

29. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

This thread is getting ridiculous and needs to be closed. Not the place for this.

30. mr.smith

mr.smith

oh im sure,
    im a city boy nd dont back down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.