Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom radio flyer wagon pics and ideas???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sprout, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jibboo36

jibboo36

That is a little much for a 10 month old....right now. But I like it.

2. How about a Radio Flyer done in the spirit of the tiller steering and goes 35MPH! 98 cc two stroke with a forward reverse trans and a few go cart parts.............

[​IMG]

3. I owned this Radio Flyer up until last year. Now resides somewhere in SW Washington apparently.

Attached Files:

4. oldy57

oldy57

I did this one a few years back. It is one of many wagons I have. Hope to build a woodie wagon soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks for the inspiration folks, as soon as I get a couple of other projects knocked out it's time to start one of these for my nephew, hopefully I can get it done by Christmas :)

7. 57dodge

57dodge

Heres one i put together for my son a few weeks ago.

Its using a rearend out of a riding lawnmower.
    So when He gets a little older ( hes 7 months) we can add an engine pretty easily.
    Had to leave the big Shifter ( Just like daddys truck)
    Oh and the handle is from a Gas weedwacker.
    Its really has a lawn maintenance theme going on :D.
    Thats one of the great thinks about having kids, It gives us an excuse to build stuff like this!

Attached Files:

8. krome

krome

I almost bought a murray just like this in colorado, wasn't sure if it was worth $100 plus all the work that needs to go into it to make it a wagon like you did. Great pics/design.

9. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

What did you use to paint the whitewalls on with?

10. krazyt

krazyt
    from Madera Ca.

here is one i'm working on

Attached Files:

11. skraypn

skraypn

heres mine ... its not done but close

Attached Files:

12. shortbusted

shortbusted
    from texas

Skraypn - Any shots of the underside? Are those HF wheels?

13. skraypn

skraypn

heres some pics of the front end it'll hold my 2 yo and 1 yo no problem and is a breeze to pull the rear axle is a piece of 5/8 ss all thread but i plan on making drop axles soon also in the process of makin a new handle ... pics to follow the red bed cover is a changing table pad cover that fits good enough brad

Attached Files:

14. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

My present wagon is a modified contemporary Flier. I have pulled it a thousand miles of swap meets and flea markets. If you really intend to use your wagon a lot around crowds those fat back tires are a pain in the ass. Also the stock hard tires are junk, they rattle the crap out of your cargo. I am gathering parts to do a low rider and I plan to use some 12 and 16 inch pneumatic bicycle tires to stay narrow and still have cushion. I had been looking for a nice art deco pan but settled for a more mundane but large 50s pan.

15. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

16. hank1

hank1

Here's one I'm building for my son. I modeled it on 3D cad and then started the build. Still a work in progress but we have started to enjoy it.

Attached Files:

17. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I use to have one that lowered down real good w/wood side boards that I drug to every swap meet around Dallas, but got tired of everyone calling it a lowrider, plus it got to be not big enough, so I sold to some guy at Pate this year for $100 bucks. Built it in 01 and beat the shit out of it every year. If I can find a pic of it I'll post it.

18. raider s-10

raider s-10
    from california

check it out

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  19. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Thanks for the inspiration, I have a cool wagon at home that need some lowering. Now I have some cool ideas. Thanks Gary

20. This thread is too good to die...

I'm gonna start on one of my three wagons tonight (they've been sitting in my garage rafters since December).

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

21. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

Oh, I got some wheels for one of mine today! This one I am building to sell.

22. jpm49c

jpm49c

Caught this at 2009 Bonneville. They just cruised around the pits and down the road. Looked like fun! John

Attached Files:

23. crazietj

crazietj

New to the site. Dont have any cool old cars to brag about, or even bitch about. just a jeep, and one of these wagons.... I have made 2 now. the first one is gone.

I built this one about 6 years ago. and it is now gone....

[​IMG]

this one is the most recent, it is my sons rock crawler...Im in the currant state of making it 4 wheel drive. with a electric motor

[​IMG]

24. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

here is a few of ours:

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

This one was actually a Radio-Jet found at a swap meet. Kept it simple with powder coat and pneumatic tires from Harbor Freight. The kids live on a farm so want tires that are easy to pull. Local sign shop helped me out with vinyl lettering to make it theirs.

Pat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. phlegm

phlegm
    from Fargo, ND

I finally got around to getting my frame built for my daughters custom wagon, 1" round tubing frame, I re-used the original wheels (well 3 out of 4), the original steering, and axles. The tub needs to be painted and some sides made, I still need to figure out how I'm going to make a canopy for it. FWIW, Home Depot has the 1/2" press on 'wheel locks' that look like the originals (about $1.50/each), I'll be using those after I get the rims and frame painted.

How they looked when I brought them home from Dad's farm
    [​IMG]

A few months of procrastination, then an hour and a half with a chopsaw and welder, the model 90 is set onto it's new frame

[​IMG]
    and the frame
    [​IMG]

I've got to make at least 2 more of these for my god-sons, so if anybody knows of a source of just the tubs, I'd appreciate it. My neighbor already chastised me for modifying a real Radio Flyer claiming it was blasphemic.. This one will be Pink, the other 2 will be catapillar yellow and John Deere green and yellow with pneumatic tires.

The other 'rusty' tub will have it's bottom cut out and replaced.. and it also will run on rubber instead of the hard tires.

Thanks for the ideas, maybe one of these days I'll work on a motorized project..
    -ron

27. jlien08

jlien08

Just so you guys are aware, this is probably the single best thread on the internet regarding custom radio flyers, at least in my research!

This is mine, made for my 1yr old daughter.

I am in the process of building a second one for a friends baby shower, flat black with metallic flake pink flame outlines. It should make this one seem like a piece of junk! It's gonna be hard to give it up!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  28. ktm454

ktm454
    from Salem, NH

Just a little project i did before i went off to college...

Attached Files:

29. karfer67

karfer67

i still think mine is one of the lowest wagons :D i think i have to do another one these are way fun to do and it is amazing the comments i get on the wagon. the one with the purple wheels a few pages back is really cool too

30. ktm454

ktm454
    from Salem, NH

Thats not even a radio flyer its a road master lame

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.