Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1959 Edsel Wagon - Someone should pick this thing up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DaxxRuckus, Jul 6, 2009.

1. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

My previous post was deleted, not sure how I violated the terms of posting here - I am not selling this car, I have no idea who is, I just saw a super rare '59 edsel wagon for cheap and figured someone would be interested in it!

I'm still knee deep in my project restoring my '56 Pontiac, and don't have the $ or space for another car, otherwise I'd pick this thing up.

PM for the Craigslist link I guess, or just go to San Diego CL and search for '59 Edsel.

What do you guys think these things are worth?

Attached Files:

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

thats a great deal for 3400,,,,,,rare cars...and COOL....

3. mr.smith

mr.smith

tight wagon,
    would look cool with 2 surfboards hangin' out the back

4. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

I think my brother used to own that car. It looks identical, but would need to see it in person to be sure. It was a solid car from what I remember, and he sold it to a guy who lived in SD County.

5. rixrex

rixrex

That is a good price...GET IT!

6. MissPrint

MissPrint

I feel ya man. . .I'm still knee deep working on my 59' Edsel, otherwise I'd pick her up! :(

7. retromotors

retromotors

Hell yes .... I could be seen in that!

Regarding your deleted post, here's an experience I had a while back:
    Saw a really nice lookin' mid-'50s Caddy on craigslist and passed the info along as you did. Thread was deleted immediately for posting the craigslist link ... my bad, I didn't read the rules.
    In the few nanoseconds the thread was open, a HAMBer saw the title and PM'd me for more info. His brother was traveling in the area of the listing and they were very interested. When they made phone contact, the sellers got seriously squirrely and the whole deal started sounding like a scam. I never heard any further from the HAMB member, but I sorta got the feeling he thought I mighta been in on the scam. Gave me a bad feeling.
    So I guess sometimes the moderators do know what they're doing!

8. [​IMG]

Perfect mate to my 58 wagon!

9. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

I might call on it today and just see if I can get some info...who knows - maybe it was your brothers car!

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I just spoke with him. Seems like a nice guy. Probably on the phone for 20 minutes or better. He also has a 9 pass that is from West Virginia. A little rust around the wheels but otherwise solid 66k car. He wants an unloved project and some cash.
    Not my massage chair

11. Damn, if I can sell my 73 Duster I'm going to pick it up.

12. I'm digging that wagon! What's up with the cool Edsels coming around for sale lately? All at a time that I'm a wee shy on green to get one of them!

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

That is when they all crawl out of the woodwork, when you don't have the $$$ to pay for them. When you have it, you piss it away on beer. It's a vicious cycle.

14. Funny I guess. I posted my 59 Wagon here for less and never got one Reply. It's mechanicly New end to end and I drive it as a Shop Truck. I just thought it's because it's an Edsel so I'm Hung with it. It has however been the Center piece of many a conversation that ment nothing in the End.

Attached Files:

15. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

My dream car is an Edsel wagon. Wish I had the cash. Gotta finish the truck first. By then there won't be any for sale.:(

16. MissPrint

MissPrint

Darlin'. . .IF I had the cash and the space, you KNOW, I'd have taken your wagon in a heartbeat. . .alas, alack, I am but a poor teacher (bartendin' over the summer to make ends meet). . .otherwise . .Sigh. :(

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

Hi Miss Print
    Do you know where I can get a 59 edsel front clip?
    I want to swap it for the sheetmetal on my 59 Ford.

18. MissPrint

MissPrint

Contact Corsair (Aaron) here on the HAMB. . .he's parting out a 59' and might have a usable front clip for ya. . .he's got a listing in the classified section, and he's on the Edsel HAMBers' group as well. . .

19. You and your project was a big inspiration to a lot of us. This Wagon was bought my my #1 Squeeze and at the time she was Excited to have it. Once together the Excitement was gone and She has only driven it 4 times in 2 years. On the other hand I have put nearly 6K on it as a semi daily driver. Maybe I should Fly you up here for some Summer work and have you do Scuff and Shoot on this like you did yours. Maybe with You here She would see it's OK to be into a Car. The only reason to sell it is so it don't half to sit outside another Winter up here. The constant Rain is hard on these Old Girls.
    The Wizzard

20. MissPrint

MissPrint

Thanks for the compliment, darlin'. . .much appreciated, and a little humbling/embarrassing to say the least :eek:

Tell ya what. . .pay my rent for August and buy me a plane ticket, and I'm there ;):D

21. Lumpster

Lumpster

Really sweet car. I had to double check the location. Theres one up the street from me at a muffler shop with identical color pattern.