Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dr.Kerry, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Didn't see another one out there so I'll start one this week. I'm going to a swap meet in Delavan Wisc. tomorrow so I won't be online much. Just wanted to share the progress with my 40 Ford Rodster.

New updated photos, although they're not current. Body is now in metallic black paint!!!!! Grille is a cut down 37 Ford truck grille.
    Chassis and firewall are white.

I did the master and now the body and grille have been cast by Jimmy Flintstone..... Hope you all like it so far....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. charliek

charliek

Looks cool Dr.Kerry can't wait to see it finished. Here is what I have been working on lately

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Great models, guys!

Joel

4. charliek

charliek

Just finished the final assembly on the chassis and build the blower/drive shaft

[​IMG]

5. '36 Ford Sedan
    [​IMG]
    Flintstone resin body (pretty damned nice for 10 bucks), photoetched grille. Painted chromed wheels, leaving the trim rings chrome and '53 Ford caps added.
    [​IMG]
    Exterior door handles and windshield wiper from Revell '37 Ford pickup. Made hinge-mount mirror from a Revell '57 Chevy face and silver wire. Rub strip added along the running boards.
    [​IMG]
    Flathead from Revell '32 Ford sedan kit. Carb scopes from Reps & Mins., linkage, wiring, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The end.

6. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

Lyle...that '36 is outstanding! Nice clean work and great x-tras.

7. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

Here's a Ford with a different chop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

A chopped '57 Chevy Nomad...Back roof lowered for a T-cover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some cool builds this week. DrKerry, where the hell have I seen this concept before?

Lyle, that 36 looks pretty good, nice resto rod.
    Most of the resin body's I have seen, the most recent being a 4 door 40 Ford are pretty terrible dimension wise!
    I do have one question, how do you get the compound curve in the bottom of the 36 grille? I have seen these photo etched grilles for sale (Like 37 &40 etc) but always wondered how you got the correct bends in them? I still have trouble buying aftermarket stuff, rather make it myself.

Cheers,
    Doc.

11. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

Copy of Der Zeitgeist (only 4 & 1/2" long)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. The photoetched grilles bend very easily. Just take your time and gently bend them in both directions.
    Here, in the States, we have several VERY good resin casters and the products are usually demensionally correct and very nicely done. There are,however, a few resin casters who produce crap that I don't buy from.

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is only one resin caster I know of here in Oz but I dont think he does bodys. Jaymar did and his were quite nice but he went out of buisness some years ago.

The 40 I saw was a Jimmy Flinstone, I still havent seen a 'replica' from him that looks right. His customs are great because there is nothing to compare them too.

I would still rather make my own though, but I came to building car models from scratch building aircraft models.

Doc.

OOPS! I forgot Cavalier, but there OT Aussy muscle cars.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  14. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Hey Doc, the concept was in a rodding magazine not to long ago, (not sure which one). The drawing was done using a 41 Willy's not the Ford and looks like this....
    Hopefully this will kick start the memory for ya.....
    [​IMG]

15. ratster

ratster

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, thats the one I remember! There was also one like that in a 60s mag to do a fuel coupe out of a 41 Willys, unchopped. It was kinda cool too.
    Doc.

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or it could have been an Altered with a flip body. I remember it still having the hood on the flip up body.
    (Its a Bonnet damn it!)
    Doc.

18. poorboy

poorboy

Good work fellas!

19. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I'd like to do the rail vesion from this photo too. That is a kool car as well.

20. mr.smith

mr.smith

cool model, keep it up