Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

So they'd take you to jail for that since Christ was a baby, too?

Last I heard it was a moving violation, not a misdemeanor, but its been 20

years since I've personally discussed it with the law, so it was news to me.

I thought just mayyyyybe someone else may not have known that.

Obviously you know more than me. Whoopee. :rolleyes:

2. skullhat

skullhat

i remember spinnin the tires was always an exhibition as well. if there happend to be another car next to ya on the gas, it might get upgraded to engaging in a speed contest. back in the day cops used to be cool about the burnouts, but if you got bagged for engaging it got expensive.
    basically they can take ya to the pokey, or elect to give ya a ticket for just about anything related to traffic violations

skull

3. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

I agree there needs to be a closing time for the lot to be able to clean up and clear out...However, while passing out flyers at Bob's, there were those members of the Lawn Chair Brigade and Competition Drill Team that were pretty clear that they just wanted to sit...That's their perogitive...Also, if not everyone gathers at Rydell, but seraches out hang outs like before, the spread out gets better...but Rydell remains home base...

4. Jesus Christ man. Don't get all "butt hurt" because I told you it was always that way. :confused::p

5. Exactly

6. Keep em moving. Let the armchair brigade cruise to their next nesting spot. This also keeps good relation with Rydell.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Tell these dorks to stay away from Van Nuys Blvd.

8. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

I think one of them drives an Ol' box Nova.....

9. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

FYI...

That other flyer going around, which advertises the 15th at In 'n Out may cause some confusion. Frank (the Cookieman) was handing them out again at Bob's on Friday night. I explained to him that this is an imitaitor. Pretty interesting, as this flyer claims the most real and authentic cruise of all, when they even haven't put one on yet!!! There are people out there that aren't sure which one is real. I can't even begin to count how many people that I and a friend have had to set straight.

Rob

10. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

So who is putting on the cruise on the 15th? Is anyone claiming it? I haven't seen the flyer....What's it say? Can someone post a copy?

11. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Those guys are at every show in existance...I think they have a nationwide network and stock in aluminum chairs! LOL!!!

12. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Attached, is a copy of the flyer.

13. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

I like the authentic crumpled paper look...And it's free! No shit Sherlock...It's a public street! Had some kids at Bob's ask how much it cost...Explained to them .."nothing, it's a public street"..They were amazed...

14. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Are my eyes getting bad, or is BURGER spelled wrong on this flyer? It sure looks like it is spelled "BERGER"! LOL! Maybe the "crumpling" was done to cover up imperfections...Or not!

15. talked to freind that works for van nuys division he said he had not heard of any crack down for this wednesday. he will inform me if anything comes up.

he also said that they are cracking down on no front plate, tinted windows ect..... all over the valley all the time.

16. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

It's a simple formula for every day driving and responsibilities of car ownership.

If you don't pay for your registration and don't have insurance on it...DON'T DRIVE IT.

If you have been drinking...DON'T DRIVE.

If you don't have a license and/or your license has been suspended...DON'T DRIVE.

If you have anything illegal on your car and it is not street legal and you know that...DON'T DRIVE.

It's not rocket science. Just don't give the cops anything to hassle you about...and for God's sake, put out the $30 bucks and buy yourself a freakin' BLUETOOTH. Stop acting like you're above the law by holding your cell phone up to your ear and defying the law that went into effect a year ago. (You know who your are, so I don't have to point any fingers!)

Oh, and how 'bout the people with TINTED WINDOWS that think they are hiding with their cell phones! Ha! Ha! I can still see you!

17. i think most of us on here know the laws if we decide to brake them thats on us.
    what I was tring to do is get to the bottom of that post you made about getting ticketed for no front plates, tinted windows ect.. you made it seem like the cops were going to be out to get us on wednesday.

18. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

The "authentic crumpled paper look" is courtesy of me. When I was handed the flyer, I was a little frustrated with the situation, and crumpled it up, to throw away. I had second thought's about it, and decided to keep it for reference.

I think the biggest issue here, is, that we could end up with some people skipping the 8th, because they can go the 15th. (This doesn't even address the ones that are only aware of the 15th or 18th cruise nights). A few months ago we had nothing, now we're neck deep in Van Nuys Blvd. cruises!

Rob

19. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Don't get me wrong, I fully support our men and women in blue but if the Cruise is bringing commerce (money) into the buisnesses on the blvd. why do something to discourage that?

Now you know why the city is broke, we have some of the stupidest leaders in the nation running the city.

alan

20. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

I am truly not concered about the cops. I am concerned about the additional cruise nights, which can cause confusion, and all of the chicken littles running around saying that the sky is falling! (ie The cops are cracking down). As long as you have a clean, decent looking car, that is registered, insured, and corked up, I wouldn't worry. The only times that I have had issues, other than as a teenager, was when I was driving a ratty-a$$ looking car. (ie partially primered, dented, no interior, etc). This is an older crowd and we are driving some nice rides. We are not kids anymore!

The two things that need to be done:

1) Don't alert the cops by asking questions concerning the cruise. Let them find out for themselves.

2) Don't bring the media! Car magazines aren't an issue. The local news station and newspaper are!

See you all on Wednesday,

Rob

21. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Thanks, man....I agree...The copycat cruises will mess it up. Fortunately, the cruise on the 18th says it's an annual cruise, so once a year won't really hurt...It's this cruise on the 15th, which no one really knows much about, is that a monthly deal? That's what will hurt...Once we get past the 18th we can tackle the "berger cruise"...And In-n-Out has no space....And is not even on the cruise route if you want to get sticky about it... Also, we have the backing of Rydell, a major revenue generator for the city...Chip at Rydell will only back VNCA cruises..No one else. he doesn't want it screwed up either...So leaving the Lawn Chair Brigade and Competiton Drill Team to sit and warm the lot is ok by me...The rest of us need to get out on the street....
    Let's play it by ear for now....
    And thanks for your input

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  22. elrobo818

elrobo818

Need anything for this wednesday reid??? Work has been a pain these last two weeks... But im hoping i get off on time this wednesday so i can help out...

Let me know

23. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

I am with the press and will be there because I want to document the event for my next issue.

I have some of the same concerns expressed here but am optimistic. We all have to be on our best behavior.

See you there.

24. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

While I am here I though I would pass this request along to those of you who used to cruise Van Nuys back in the day.
    I might want to do a then and now approach to the cruise, so feel free to send me some of your vintage pictures for publishing. And by the way we pay for photos.

Contact me at the email in my sig if you are interested.

Thank you for your time.

Ben.

25. hey im driving my ratty ass primered car this wednesday.:mad:

26. you better start getting a cough!

27. Strodder

Strodder

I've been gone from the HAMB for a while. I'm still catching up with this thread. I'll be there on the 8th. It's been 40 years since I've been on Van Nuys Blvd cruising. Any bikers there want to meet at June Ellen's?

28. elrobo818

elrobo818

LOL... migranes are easier to fake! besides when im not in the field, i sit in front of a computer... its believable.

29. I hope you're not gonna become the master of excuses here?:confused::p:D:eek:

30. elrobo818

elrobo818

BECOME???...

haha. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.