Register now to get rid of these ads!

attn: ca hambers.... a question about car storage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pauliesocial, Jun 30, 2009.

1. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

ok so heres my situation... I just moved to san diego, ocean beach to be exact, and I currently live in an apartment with my girlfriend.... Now I am in the process of looking into getting another sled and resto her... But I know that my landlord is not going to be cool with giving me another parking spot for a "rusted up and non running car" in the parking lot.... so my question to you guys here in southern california is this

-- are there any storage places that I can store the car until I get the money together to really start slappin her together
    -- are there any laws regarding storing old cars for restoration in storage lots, friends houses, etc...

thank you for any advice and help that yall can provide....

2. RodStRace

RodStRace

-- are there any storage places that I can store the car until I get the money together to really start slappin her together

Yes, but you will have to contact them to see if they will accept a non-runner. BTW, 100 a month is not uncommon. Pays to find a better location (below) or hold off until you have your own space.

-- are there any laws regarding storing old cars for restoration in storage lots, friends houses, etc...

Yes, talk to the local cops and they can provide you a copy or point you in the right direction. I couldn't find it quickly, so good luck. http://www.sandiego.gov/police/about/abandoned.shtml

They are pretty strict, but require a complaint or an enforcement officer to set the wheels in motion. It's a pain, but it's better to keep things out of sight. Business is fairly easy, a friend's house must follow the rules. Not visible, not on dirt, must be a small area total, etc.

3. budhaboy

budhaboy

4. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

sweet greatly appreciated sir.... Luckily enough I do Loss Prevention for some major grocery chains in san diego so we always have the cops coming in to pick up the people that we bust shoplifting... so next guy I will ask one of the cops if he / she can steer me in the right direction.... greatly appreciated bud.... now to get ready for work... I gotta work Oceanside today and get to do the fun part of busting my fellow Marines... not going to be a good day if I have to put a Marine brother in jail for shoplifting.... hell I already had to put a squid in jail the other day

5. seldom scene

seldom scene

I live in O B too. Not many apartment landlords are willing to store what they consider "junk cars" or "eyesores" in their parking areas. Maybe you can luck out with a car guy lanlord who will let you use your space if you keep it covered and park your driver on the street. It can't hurt to ask , if the answer is no , go to plan B. Cars rust at the beach because of the salty air, it might be better to store inland.

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

As far as I know,as long as the vehicle is on private property out of sight,where it can't be considered an "eyesore",there is nothing anyone can say.As far as storing a vehicle at a storage facility,I don't think they should have a problem,due to you are paying the storage rent per month,and it is out of site.Now,working on the vehicle inside the storage unit might be a different story.

7. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"I gotta work Oceanside today and get to do the fun part of busting my fellow Marines... not going to be a good day if I have to put a Marine brother in jail for shoplifting.... hell I already had to put a squid in jail the other day".

A thief is a thief...throw 'em in the slammer!

What's a 'squid'?

8. budhaboy

budhaboy

a "Squid" is a member of the Navy.

9. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

well i could store that car for you, im in el cajon, its a good spot for cars and i got work area, gate, ufc fighter nieghbor with guns. Id charge you 35 a month. Hit me up if you wanna come check out the spot

10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

More of a fresh recruit,lower level Naval personnel.

11. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

sweet greatly appreciate all of the help guys.... I am still in the process of trying to move around and figure which bills I can switch round so I can get this beauty ... Shes all their except the bumper guards and the dude has the title as well.... anyways junk yard kid Ill hit you up whenever I get the car .... until then Im also looking to hang out with like minded people that I can sit back with and chill with after work and what not... just moved here 2 1/2 months ago and the only people that I hang out with are either when I go to the bar or my girls friends.... that gets old after a while especially when they ALL think that Im an asshole because of the way that I talk... I dont sugar coat my words and dont always say the right things to their liberal butts lol know what I mean..... anyways ya hit me up sometime