Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. 12.46 seems to stick in my mind...

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

From what I understand about the guy with the black "A" coupe, he drives it regularly around the area of his hometown, Hamilton. Guess he's like me in figuring that if you own a trailer already, and a truck to pull it, then why take a chance on breaking miles from home, with no way to get the car home, for no reason? Also a helluva lot easier to bring your camping gear in a truck!
    Dave

3. a few years ago i had to call the old lady to pick my broken ass up......run what ya drove!

poop noodle

4. I think he broke a rod at the show yesterday. I will keep you posted.. If so look out Tudor he might try harder to get fastest hotrod.....

5. Run what you brung!

6. chopped

chopped

Can't wait to see REJ drive the Hambster up from Fl. I swear, I'll meet him halfway just to be a part of it.

7. Dang - what happened? Was the show at the strip?

8. chopped

chopped

I went last year, the show sets up across from the staging lanes. They let everyone who shows make a few passes.

9. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

If anyone sees me driving the dragster down interstate, call the looney police and let them pick me up.
    It's not too bad coming down a return road with no rear suspension, but I'm sure not gonna try a long drive with it.
    Robert

10. ha ha ha - They are coming to take you away ha ha they are coming to take you away hee hee

11. Bump, because I had to do a search to find it...

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Found this thread on page 12 this time!
    What's the deal on the show last weekend at Reynolds? Didn't know anything about it!
    Hope Ronald (with the "A") gets it back together in time for RWYB.
    Dave

13. He was not even doing flames when the bottom end turned loose unlike laydrag ;).

14. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

go to silver dollar raceway and look at the schedule. that tells what is going on at the track.

15. Jimmy,
    Do you have any more takers on the awards yet? I'm going to check in with Reeves tomorrow and see what they are willing to do.

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump to top because I found this on page 7.
    Dave

17. Still looking for some takers on making trophies. I am out of State but still trying to keep up with what's going on here. Jimmy

18. So, what are you bringing, and what are you running?

Me, the same sorry flathead, in the '50 Tudor sedan...

underpowered + overweight = 18's

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Found this on page 13!
    Todd, to answer your question on who's running what: Barring some big problem popping up, the '31 roadster should be finished by then.
    Running a STOUT 355cid SBC, 4 speed and 3.70:1 locker rear.
    Gonna be way over powered, underweight, and unless I get some more rear wheels and wider tires, wheelspin is gonna be a BIG problem!
    Dave
    P.S. Jimmy, I ain't much of an artist, and not too imaginative, but with all the equipment I have in my shop, I oughta be able to come up with at least one trophy to contribute if somebody can give me some ideas.

20. BTT for the week end...

21. Any takers yet. Been out of State for a week. Supposed to call shirt printer tomorrow and should have prices. Dave I will get with you with some thoughts this week also.

Best of show (Stevie G)
    long distance trophy (REJ)
    fastest inline 6 (Chopped)

Fastest Flat Head (Todd)
    Best Hot Rod -
    Best Custom -
    Best Primer -

Best Wagon -
    Best Cycle -
    Best Truck -
    Best Pinstripes -

22. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Jimmy, it's getting bounced around up this way................Vent some ideas this way as well, please dammit!

23. Stiffest sock?
    Most dramatic mechanical failure

24. BBP - Best Boiled Peanuts

25. I printed out some of the flyers and will be posting them around the Warner Robins and Byron area this week. I'll have some to pass out at the cruise in this Saturday in Warner Robins.

Todd

26. I have been in LA LA land and missed this thread!!! I P.M.ed Red Sled months ago about this and no response. I WILLLLL BE in attendance this year with my little Yeller car and yes it will follow me there on a trailer because I tend to TEAR SHIT UP where ever I go, and going home to get a trailer from Augusta isn't an option.

I have missed this thing two years in a row to go to Mokan and this year it will be the other way around.

Oh and Josh------ you better put on the best Coon Tune you can if you wana keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

27. Oh and I will take a poster and a shirt for sure. No opinions from me, I like them both!!!

28. No opinions from you? that's a first. Oh I'll be tooned son - don't you worry! you better bring your wood screws!! cause I am gonna blow your doors clean off!! ha ha ha

29. Prices on shirts are $12.00 S-XL and $14.00 for XXL to XXXXL plus shipping. He can do it on any color you want with black graphics, black will be with white graphics. The posters are 11x17 gold color and are $10.00 EA. You can send payment to my paypal my address is [email protected] or if you want to send payment send pm for address. Those who have already asked for shirt or poster please resend info lot of posts to have to look through. Thanks Jimmy

30. JIMMY - YOU HAVE PAYPAL! Thanks man.

SFCC would like to do a SFCC Pick trophy for the event. Is that cool? If not we'll just stick used socks in your car when you are least expecting.