Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wayne Henderson's 32 Vicky; Where is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41hemi, Jun 27, 2009.

1. 41hemi

41hemi

I remember Wayne doing a few tech articles in Street Rodder back in the early seventies with his beautiful and black 32 Ford Victoria. Anyone know where the car is? Does Wayne still have it? It was such a beautiful car back then.

pprather and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I read somewere it sold for $7,000 to someone in the MidWest, and that was big bucks at the time!

3. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Wayne Hendersons car was awesome, should be easy to ID today with the reversed firewall, dont know why he did it but he did, last I heard the car was in nothern California....................:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Yes, it is one of my favorites. Wayne sold the car to Johnny Rogers in Memphis and he painted it red. Johnny took ill and his wife used to drive it to the shows in Atlanta. I thought it was one of the top 75 Deuces a couple of years ago, but I don't remember seeing it at the show.

I am not sure what happened to the car, but I know is was red the last time I saw it. I think he reversed the firewall to clear the Ford motor.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Anyone remember the magazine feature were the Henderson Vicky was compaired with a 1931 Chevrolet 5 Passenger Coupe (Vicky)?

6. Yes, it was in Hot Rod in the early 70's.

7. ratrod0

ratrod0

my dad owned that car before wayen

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'm not 100% sure if it's true,.... but when my friend Bill was trying to hunt it down, the trail lead to Wisconsin where there was a red Deuce Vicky reported to be the old Wayne Henderson car, but it was "updated" with full chrome independent suspension and the red paint ,.. ( Jag suspension if I remember right) If indeed this was the actual Wayne Henderson Vicky,... it was a dirty shame,..... it bare no resemblance to the car we all have great memories of,.......:(

Here's the Deuce Vicky Bill did as a kind of tribute to the Henderson Vicky.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe it was in the September 1974 issue of Hot Rod.

Tom Richardson ... of of Merser Wisconsin was the last known ( to me ) owner.

I would love to own it :D
    As would most 32 Ford guys I know :eek:

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've got to go up to the attic and find that issue of Rod & Custom were the Early Times crew is placing the Vicky body on the finished chassis. That is one car photo that made a lasting memory, made you feel like you were there helping with the build.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've said for years that if I could own the Henderson Vicky i would get rid of every other car I own. It made that kind of impression on me when it was built and time has barely demished that impression. it was the first build of simple elegance combined with impeciable detail that won me over. My renditon would obviously have Chevrolet power (I can't help it) but if his were to find it's way to my house the Ford power could stay.

Frank

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Me too !! :D

13. Weasel

Weasel

As I recall the engine was a 351C which would have been 2 inches longer than a 289/302. This was in the days before the Snow White shorty waterpump conversion.

For any of you who doubt the wisdom of building a timeless car, that is absolute living proof of a hot rod that will never be out of fashion.

14. rick finch

rick finch

Here,here. Look in Webster's Dictionary under ICON...it's pictured there!

15. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

What a builder! LoL
    If you "deconstructed" a Nostalgic Hot Rod outta that, you could fund the project from the sale of the leftovers!!! :D

Imagine...back in the 50's half that car would have gone in the trash bin!

That was one clean and well built Resto-rod. Most if not all the stock parts must have been original stuff too. Try that today!

16. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

Here's mine, waiting its turn.

[​IMG]

17. debra updike

debra updike

I have it on good authority from Wayne himself(my husband) that he reversed the firewall to clear the engine/transmission.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB Debra, that was the best '32 Vicky ever! Bob

19. ..........Welcome, Debra. Thanks for posting.

20. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

That was a Very Nice Vicky, would like to see it back the way it was before "Jag "parts & painted Black

21. ...............So true, so very true.

22. kabinenroller

kabinenroller