Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Help finding a Tiki Sculpture pic.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Jun 24, 2009.

1. aceuh

aceuh

Hey guys! A while back I saw a photo of a Tiki Sculpture that was built out of a distributor. It was using the plug wires for hair, but that's all I really remember about it. When I saw it I thought I'd like to take a shot at building one if I had an old distributor lying around...well I didn't have one at that point and didn't really think any more about it. Well now I'm getting ready to pull the distributor out of my Impala to convert it to HEI...and I can't find the picture. I thought I had saved it but i've yet to stumble on it. I'm 95% sure that I saw it in a Friday Art Show thread and I'm 100% sure that I saw it here on the HAMB! If anyone remembers it and has any pictures saved or can link me back to the original post I'd be greatful! In the meantime, I guess I'm back to skimming through the archives.

Thanks guys!

2. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Wasnt that pic in one of the LA Roadster Show threads?

Nevermind, I thought it was the pic I saw in the Indy thread. Not what you are looking for

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  3. aceuh

aceuh

Don't know...but I know I saw it recently...I've searched back to october of last year in the Art Archives.

The roadster show threads should be a lot quicker to go through.

4. aceuh

aceuh

I just went through all the roadster show threads I could find...mighta missed it though.

Anyone??

5. aceuh

aceuh

Bump for the morning crowd...Gotta be somebody here that remembers seeing it besides me.

Thanks!

6. aceuh

aceuh

73,084 members here and I'm the only one that remembers seeing this??:D

My wife told me to get my ass off of here and just go start on it!

Maybe I imagined it...maybe I saw it somewhere else...

Help me out...

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I bet you won't forget to copy, as soon as you see it, a photo you like off the internet again now will you?? :p

Do I sound like your wife?? :D

8. If you commented on it, go to your Manage Account tab up top, click view all subscribed threads & it'll be in there somewhere.

9. aceuh

aceuh

Denise, my wife didn't use any smilies when she suggested that I get off my arse and just start on it...but yes you're right. I shoulda saved that picture!

I didn't post a comment on the thread either, so I can't just search through my old posts.

One day I'll learn...

10. aceuh

aceuh

I had a guy on another forum come up with this shot for me. It's not the same one that I saw...but it's a start!

[​IMG]

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That one's prety cool. I think I remember the one you're thinking of, wasn't it a trophy at a show? Maybe Billetproof in FLA?? Don't know for sure, good luck, I hate when that happens.

12. aceuh

aceuh

I've been searching "Billetproof" and "homemade trophys" about three ways til Sunday....still drawing a blank!

Any more suggestions guys?

Anybody else remember the shot I'm talking about?

13. Big Dad

Big Dad

I always see weird things when I drink Tequila ..Is this a possibilty ?

14. aceuh

aceuh

I tend to drink my share of cold beer.... so I guess it's possible that I imagined seeing the picture I'm trying to find. I'd just about bet the quickest way for it to turn up is for me to go ahead and take a shot at building one and then post a pic of it here.... Sure as hell somebody will jump in with the original photo and declare how it's better and I should be ashamed of trying to reproduce it!:D

[​IMG]

The distributor that's going to surrender itself for this project has yet to be pulled from duty....So I've still got time!

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I think if you were to "light in to" some of that cold beer, these visions may reappear......And all will be right with the world.......till the buzz is gone!

16. Big Dad

Big Dad

HTML:
     Sure as hell somebody will jump in with the original photo and declare how it's better and I should be ashamed of trying to reproduce it
    That is no shit ..

What a fine collection of soldiers waiting to be called in action !!

17. aceuh

aceuh

I was a Boy Scout....Be prepared!

18. Big Dad

Big Dad

I hope you have some aspirin for the morning after ..

:D

19. aceuh

aceuh

I rarely have headaches....But I have felt like my insides were trying to change places with my outsides before though.

The goal isn't to drink it all...the goal is to not run out!:D

And to find that pic of the tiki sculpture!

20. Big Dad

Big Dad

Did you try posting the question on the art thread ?

ps

another bump for yah

21. dannyego

dannyego

Im judging by the bud lime that this is a recent picture. Do they really still make red dog? I thought they stopped making that crap years ago. Oh yeah bump for the tiki sculpture:D

22. aceuh

aceuh

I actually posted this question in the Friday Art Show social group/forum first...haven't heard a peep out of em yet.

And yes that's a recent shot of my shop fridge. I've got a bud that works down at the beer store who hooks me up. When beer gets close to being out of date they mark it down. I paid $5 a 12 pack for the Red Dog (including tax). The Leinkugels was $5 a case. He's always got something on special. A few weeks ago it was 24 pk cases of 16oz cans of Fosters for $10. This past week he's had Miller Chill for $10 a case.

Would I buy Red Dog at full price? Probably not. Do my friends that never seem to bring any beer over bitch about it? Nope. Is it cold and does it give me a buzz? Hell yeah!:D

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What's the prize if I find the photo for you???:D

24. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Here we go!!!!!!:D

25. doctorZ

doctorZ

absolute genius!

26. aceuh

aceuh

I've heard that you usually like to compensate people with cookies...I could make ya some, but you might not like em.:D

It's been suggested that I have a way with a lens...I could shoot some pics of Big Olds for ya next time we're in the same place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <O:p</O:p

27. Choptop

Choptop

Nope, that wasnt a trophy at BPFL.. although we did have a very cool Tiki trophy from Lockwood customs... but it completely different.

28. aceuh

aceuh

I got off work early today...thought I'd give it a TTT for the monday crowd!

I'll probably pull the distributor out in the next day or so. Getting close!