Register now to get rid of these ads!

THE oldsmobile rocket 303 324 371 394 post to end all other posts, (lasalle related )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, Dec 19, 2006.

1. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Does anyone know a source to buy a Hydro tranny to put behind my '56 324 ? Fatsco in NJ ?

2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I have trans options as well as stock and speed parts for all early rockets

Tony

3. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

Does anyone have pics of a 2x4 setup on a car with a hydro trans. I want to see how the trans linkage is hooked in and not innerfering with anything else.

4. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

Figured I'd showoff my parts too.
    Offy 2x4 with I think '53 rochester 4gc's and
    Gotha adjustable rockers
    I also have a isky cam and mallory dual point dist. Does anyone know of a simple way to find the specs of a isky cam?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Concerning Iskenderian camshaft specs---give me the numbers on the end of the cam and I'll see what I can do.

6. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

the numbers are worn but if I had to say it looks like 5A 12. Thanks

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have been saving this one for a looong time,... I have to get a rubber trans mount so I can finalize the brackets.
    [​IMG]

49 olds and 3day like this.
  8. Hi Guys,just joined.I am building a 32 Ford Roadster,with a 1957 Olds 371 Motor.On the back of the block there are casting numbers that read.
    342 CFD,cast No 568929,engine No A083170.What does this all mean.

I pulled the motor apart and the mains are 30 thou up and are still a little scored.I see that Kanter make engine rebuild kits that are 30 ,40 and 60 thou up.Can I still grind the crank down.Or can anyone point me in the right direction to get another machinable crank ,or even a NEW crank.What do you think.

9. racerjohnson

racerjohnson
    from Fargo, ND

Tony, I think you should go to the intro section and introduce yourself.

10. Couldn't find the intro section.Where is it.

Is a 394 Crank the same as a 371.I'm trying to find new engine rebuild parts for my 371,Rocket engine.To be shipped out to Australia from Stanton,LA ,in the 3 weeks time.Any help with the right parts and suppliers here would be great.
    Thanks Tony.

11. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Speak to Tony @ Ross Racing, He started this thread and won't let you down, He has helped me bundles.

GOATROPER02

<TABLE id=post3947595 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175>
    [​IMG]

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" id=td_post_3947595 class=alt1><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: THE oldsmobile rocket 303 324 371 394 post to end all other posts, (lasalle relat
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I have trans options as well as stock and speed parts for all early rockets

Tony
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Ross Racing Engines
    Niles,Ohio
    330-544-4466 w
    330-720-1282 c
    <!-- / sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2>[​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --><!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- post 3947595 popup menu --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>GOATROPER02</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

INTRO setion here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

13. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I need to know what year engine is,and I can supply anything you possibly need

Also what part of Australia as I have freinds there also and combine shipping when possible

Tony

14. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Ive only added to this thread but I have others Ive taken up space with:D
    Thanks ,Glad to help
    Tony

15. Hi Tony,
    on the back of the block it has on top of the bell housing.Cast into the block,,342 in a circle a star,CFD, Engine No Ao83170,it was in a 1957 Olds Rocket 88 4 Door Holiday Sedan.
    Wow that is a mouth full.
    I am needing a good sized Crank,mine is 30 thou up and still has scores in it.Full engine rebuild kit,pistons rings,bearings,cam,New internal Oil pump,Full gasket kit etc.
    My engine is in the Hot Tank as we speak so I will get the measurments of the bores to you ASAP.

Is Ohio near Stanton,LA,California,that is where the container is leaving in 3 weeks.Could you email me individual price listing of parts required.
    I would need all these parts delivered to Stanton using internal freight in the next few weeks ready to be shipped off to Australia.
    Is a 371 Crank the same as a 394?
    Tony Carter.

16. I found a 394 Crank for sale.In the USA.Is it the same as a 371 Crank?I'm told it will fit in the same.
    Then what is the difference of a 371 to a 394?

17. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

The Main Journals are a different size,and front length can be different

Tony

18. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

TC did you get my Pm about having a crank for your engine?

Tony

19. Hi Tony Lombardi,
    No all you said was you were back in the shop.

I live in Maryborough ,Queensland,about 3 hours north of Brisbane,near Bunderburg.Yes where they make Bunderburg Rum.Just near the Great Barrier Reef.

The bores are already oversized and scored so I have been advised to sleeve the block back to standard.At least it is all brand new then.

The only unknown is this 371 Crank,I can buy all the other bits no worries from Egge,Kanter,Fusick,etc.
    What size is the 371 Crank,can you supply it machined with bearings ready to bolt in.And at what price in AUD.

Also can you get different cams for the 371.

The heads are mint,they have been crack tested are are in great shape.They just need new Exhaust valves and seats.The J2 Manifold is also in Mint Condition,Olds Cast Iron one.Just missing all the carbies and progressive linkage.

I'm looking at some Rochester 2G carbies on Ebay at the moment.I want something that is all rebuilt,bead blasted ,with a rebuild kit,NEW GASKETS READY TO BOLT ON AND DRIVE OFF.

Tony Carter.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  20. ocfab

ocfab

Has anyone used a J2 trypower intake on a 324? Can you milli down the heat crossover and weld a plate to cover the hole to clear the valley pan

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

you would also need to try to get the ports to match up

but not sure why you'd want to go through all that
    they are heavy,
    and aluminum versions that actually fit are readily available

22. Paul

Paul
    Editor

and just for the record this thread was started by RocketDaemon

senginc likes this.
  23. Large_911

Large_911

I have heard somewhere before (possibly here) that early Hemi intakes could be adapted to early Rockets (not sure which ones); has anyone ever heard this before?

24. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

Hey Bro, this is one of the best post I have ever come across. I have a 58 Olds and have been scratching my head on where to look for anything related to the engine or trans. Thank you for your effort and time to put all this together.:D

25. Paul

Paul
    Editor

'starting to piece together another blower motor,
    here's an early mockup picture of it sitting on a late 394 in the A Coupe
    but the plan is to put it on a 371 in the A Roadster
    that is if I can ever get out there and actually make some progress :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

26. badsco

badsco

I recently purchased a '61 394 Olds motor to put in my '47 Olds. Deadly opposed to a SBC swap, I stumbled onto it in the local classifieds. Been researching them since, and figured I was at the point to ask some questions
    The motor is a 2bbl so assume it is the lower compression version. With the deal I got a set of starfire heads. Just wondering if it would be worth it to swap heads or not and if I'd see any improvement or what the difference is between them. I would upgrade to a 4BBL intake at the same time and probably a cam if I go that route.
    Also, for all the links and web sites I've followed and found, I cant say that anyone actually stocks cams for the 394 - am I missing something here?
    Thanks in advance

27. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

you can still get all the internal engine parts, Egge, Kanter's, and falcon just to start with.

If you want a performance cam pm Goatroper02, you'll see posts from from him above in this thread.

28. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

so anyone know the difference between starter crossovers? they are not all the same, and some are not labeled or numbered as to what they will fit. i would love to see a list of makes and applications. i challenge you!

29. badsco

badsco

Thanks, I checked them out and did PM Goatroper02, going to give him a call

Anyone know the difference if any with the Starfire heads?

30. belair

belair

Paul-did you fab up those motor mounts?:). Looks like my work.