Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bowling Green '09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jaime Oaks, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jaime Oaks

Jaime Oaks

Just wanted to say a few words of Thanks to some people and share some pics.
    Josh-Thanks, Man!
    Whitney-Let's do it again in October, maybe then we can finally get up to Glasco!
    Bob-Sorry 'bout the bike, I won't tell Baby Girl if you don't.
    Doltch-Where the fuck did you go man?
    Hank-I guess maybe he ain't a Poser!
    Scott-Where is the video?
    Ryno-Sorry 'bout making your girl cry.
    Tyler-Good to meet you and your whole family.
    Dupps-Thanks for letting us use the 'Camino, the chicks dug it!
    Brock-I can't wait to meet your dad he sounds Bitchin'!
    Rob-Man, you are way to LOUD dude!
    Alan Jackson-Remind me to never go to Vegas w/ ya man!
    Hank's Buddy from Mansfield-Your truck Rocks!
    Roy-C-ya @ the Indy Mile for the Flat Tracks.
    Jake-Your wife is Smokin' Dude!
    Andy- I need your #, So I can hook ya up w/ my buddy Smart on those Quarters.
    Destiny-Lets get our feet done soon!
    Donte & Darnell Garlits-Is your dad an Alien?
    Jason-Eldora Soon man, I promise
    Unruly Julie-I sure miss you already!
    Remember 'til next year it is quiet time ya'll!

Attached Files:

2. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Man that was a fucking good time with all the right people !!! Me , jake & andy found the cave where Darnell Garlits ALINAN'S LIVE !!!!

3. DARNELL GARLETTS! really it was a good time, thanks to all the ohio boys..jaime your nuts man...blake whitney and the rest... it was a damn good time...next stop ...SPRINT WEEK!

T. Hilton

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Unruly Julie..... Best Campsite on the grounds!!!!:D

5. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

6. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

That is the link to the ( dayton dare devil) mini bike crash video!! From the camp grounds in bowling green !!! That was his 2nd and last attempt of the night!!!! He was so close to riding it out!!!

7. If evel kanevil had a bastard nephew from ohio it would be the DAYTON DAREDEVIL!!!

8. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Well, after the seventh year.. It's finally getting to be well known that "The Cincinnati Knob" in the Camp site is not for the weak. :D

Unruly Julie was great! But I wanna know where Rita was!!

Roy (Racer5c) called me today and said his wife got a magnifying glass and some tweezers out, and pulled a huge chunk of BRASS out of his chest from the Bullets in the fire. We thought that might get bad..

Jamie... your full confidance in your landing right up to the end is GREAT!! You had it dude! Both times.:p

Lil Blob... I'm so proud of you! If hitting that HUGE guy named "Tyrone" in the titty bar with a 20 lb. Steel chair in the face wasn't enough.. you then rode him to the ground and landed about 20 good hits before I let the bouncers break ya up. Well done. You know that guy went to work monday and told his boys that he got jumped by 5 guys.. cause they wouldn't belive ONE 90 lb KID did all that damage to his melon.

Mr. Whitney.. Keep waiting for that Stop sign to turn green.. I remember my first beer too! (I can't say much, I was in the pass seat of the roadster waiting for it to!) oh, and you cook damn good steaks.

Joshua Shaw

9. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

(Racer5c) Roy's Shrapnel out of his chest.. I think he should have one of his teeth done with it. He earned it..

Attached Files:

10. here you go boys,,,,,

xoxox
    miss hootch

11. I LOVE it when my friends send me cell phone movies when i'm not there,,,,
    here's more from my favorite cincy boys,,,,

xoxox
    hiss hootch

12. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Thanks darlin' I was lucky enought to snag a "Starting Line Access" badge.. so I put her to good use!

Damn cell phone is all I had.

JD

Here's a couple other pics from the week.. (Whitney and I went down on Moday)

Attached Files:

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Who is the guy with the Foyt cam cover? He was at the Reunion with the restored Indy car.

14. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

His name is Bill Akin. He owns Three Indy roadsters down in Nashville.. Collects and Rebuilds Drake Offy's, and is a Ford four cam engine expert.. He also had the model A with the Four Cam engine. We got to go to his house and take the tour on Wend.

Those FOYT cam covers are rare.. But What I'm holding is EVEN RARER!!
    It's the Wooden buck to make them!!! :eek:

JD

15. skunx1964

skunx1964

16. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

We parked near him on Sunday. He had some neat toys, but didn't seem to be too friendly. It was funny to hear some of the smart-assed answers he gave to people that were looking at his stuff. :)

Did he ever race anything or build racecars (back in the day)?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  17. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Lil bit of everything... and yeah, he's your basic Grumpy old racer... untill ya get to know him.

Great guy.

18. racer5c

racer5c

He comes across that way at first, might be something to do with guys asking him if his four cam ford Indy engine is a diesel, after he gets to know ya he's a great guy.

19. and MIKE DOLTCH!!! what happened man!!?

[​IMG]

20. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Roy come down again and we'll take the tour at Bill's , just give me a call.
    Josh and Mike, had a hell of a time at Akins place............ still can't take in all we saw :D

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

T. Hilton, I came by your pit a couple of times wantin to meet you but you wernt around.

Also, I tried to buy some Pat Foster shirts from someone but it never happened. Can anyone hook me up with the dude.

BG is always a good trip. I got to push Kenny Safford in the blown olds digger. His wife rode with me and told some cool stories. Great to talk to her.

Brian

22. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

There were a very limited number of those shirts made for a select few.. less than 30. There all gone. We sent the last 3 to Cole Foster. Sorry.

JD

23. sledish

sledish

Mini bike face plant was good !

24. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Nothin' looks cooler than an injected Hemi! Beautiful FED's man.

Anybody remember Melanie Troxel's dad's TAD with the injected Hemi on nitro?

I loved that car.