Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint needed in So Cal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C5Cruiser, Jun 17, 2009.

1. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Hey Ian,
    Which Earl Sheibb shot it?
    Thanks.

2. Earl Scheibb? My mom worked at Earl Scheibb back when his commercials were "$29.95 no ups, no extras".
    Remember those commercials or am I dating my self? :eek:

Bitchin ride.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  3. The V-Reg was in the mail today and of course I slapped that bad boy on. IT WAS THE GENERATOR!
    I pulled it off and having it rebuilt. I don't think that anything is salvagable except for the casing. They said that they would replace the brushes, springs, amature, bearing. Basically everything but the case. The are even putting on the original Ford decal and round "Battery" lable on it. $149.95 I know it's a little much but I trust the guys at Larry's T-Birds.
    We hope to have it back and on by Saturday so we can take the Bird to Axle's Hot Rod and Rockabilly Party. That would be so cool. :cool:

4. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

canoga park.

Bitchin ride.[/QUOTE]

Thanx man!

the bottom is one of their stock light green color and the top is platinum silver, also a stock Earl scheibb color.

5. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Hey Ian,never used Earl Scheibb before,got a question: Did you pull the chrome before you took it in?And could you PM me what you paid,because I might go that route for now.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I didn't pull anything off the car but i definitely should have, even the tires were green.....Unreal!! I spent 3 hours going over the chrome with fine steel wool. I paid 775$ , he gave me a deal, it should have been around 1100$.

Ian

7. I had a neighbor down the street who had his 70's pick up painted. They painted white over a sticker he had on is bumper. He was pissed. They made good tho.
    I wonder if some of the other inexpensive shops would be better to cover the "not to be painted" areas?

8. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

1 day auto body seems to care a little more than Scheibb. I've used both.

9. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Did you do any prep work beforehand?