Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration new pinstripe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GARY T., Jun 22, 2009.

1. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

My son been messing around learning how to stripe& he did tis one on the back of my 26T---what do U think of it? He's just starting!:D:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

That's incredible! Very well done! Once you start you really learn to appreciate what it takes to just do a perfect straight line!:eek: How long has he been messing around with striping?

3. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Nice!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  4. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

almost a year--once in a while on pieces of metal he gets from scrap where he works

5. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Damn nice wish i lived close he could do my coupe:)

6. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

You serious he just started out? Thats great! I want to learn, but I don't have any delusions that I'll get that good. He's talented indeed

7. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Well if that's just starting, WOW, very nice !

8. Modeler Teysik

Modeler Teysik

it looks completely professional!

9. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

He did a great job.He will be a pro in no time if he keeps it up,then make some real cash .There is always someone needing to get there car pinstriped.Theres Car dealers and hot rods to do,you can make a living at it.....Tell him Good luck &Thanks for the picture...

Steve

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Thanks for all the compliments---I'm sure he will be happy,tomorrow I'll post a couple more:D

11. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Great! Would love to see some more of his work!

12. Looks like a pro did it. Time to make some bucks!

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Are you kidding me. Make a road trip to MB and have him do mine. Great job.

14. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

JUST STARTING!!!!!! I think he can be one of the greats!!! really......no shit!

Buzz

15. Damn! That boy got some talent!

16. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

wow he did great on that T! i wish i was that good!

17. elrobo818

elrobo818

dang! thats pretty good for a beginner... im just starting too and my stuff looks no where near as good as that! =/

18. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

Damn nice. Can't see the line quality, but the design work and symetry are excellent, so i'm sure the line quality is equally good. I ain't saying I'm the best, but I make my living at it everyday, so I know what sells, and I think it's time the kid looks at going pro! Just don't send him to Oklahoma, I don't need the competition! ;)

19. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

OK,here are a few more he did --one is the top of my rad-shell,other is sunvisor,then panels cluttering up my already cluttersd up garage and last is my riding mower:D

Attached Files:

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

Looks a bit busy for my personal taste but it is obvious that he has an amazing talent. Wish I could do that....

21. Mr.J

Mr.J
    from NJ

This looks great. You guys have to come to "Arties Party" charity auction at the "Right Coast Nationals" in July! He'll get to work along side a bunch of great stripers & teachers. It's free & lots of fun. www.artiesparty.com We'll be there along with all of the Xcaliber's we can stuff into a bag. www.xcaliberart.com Hope to see ya there.

22. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I should get one of them wagons---then I would have a place to take naps---I keep saying that instead of a lawn chair I'm going to start taking a hammok to cruises--of course it would have to have cup (i mean can) holders LOL:D

23. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

24. vintage tin

vintage tin

He's a natural. there are a lot of guys who have been trying a lot longer that can't pull a decent stripe. His stuff looks smooth and fluent. He could make a few bucks for sure.

I see guys who are out there selling their striping and laying down some really pathetic lines.

25. SaeWick

SaeWick

Thanks everyone for the kind words, much appreciated. I have been at it for about 1yr 1mnth now. I think if anything I have Bill Beckner to thank for how far I have actually made it to this point, he has been a great help... I guess it doesn't hurt he is in the Mack Brush Hall of Fame. I walk around the shop and just hang my head looking at all the Panels from Hightower, Tramp, Howie, Wizard, and the Panel Jams by these guys.

Motandy, I can do a roadtrip to Myrtle... Just point me in the direction of a Tom Fazio or Pete Dye golf course when I clean out the brush and I'm good... LOL.

Mr.J, Arties is on the Radar for this year, but not certain if I will attend. Maybe just send out a panel for the charity. I used the Xcal in the past, but mostly just retie Mack 10's to better suit my needs. I have seen the protos of the Xcal that Bill has in the shop... Still the Xcal is a great brush that definitely helped me learn to quick spin on the tip.

Again thanks to everyone for the all kind words....

Zeb

26. IGOR

IGOR

Very nice! Especially fer a beginner.

27. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Ok, I'm a striper and that kid's AMAZING for a beginner!!!!! If he keeps with it, he'll rival the best out there within a few years. That's just SICK!

28. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Zeb, You rock! You have a lifetime of creativity ahead of you! Would be cool if you made it to Syracuse. Keep us updated on your work. Best to ya, Slim

29. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I would love to see a close up picture of his lines,but from what I can see here,he's got an amazing natural talent,and should definitely stick with it.Can he do lettering also?And hopefully he can do gold an silver leaf work.Once he's all rounded,he'll be a major asset to the culture.He already is from the looks of it,especially pulling lines like that after a only a year.Now he has nowhere to go but up in his skill and experiance

30. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I'v been stripin for a while, made a living at it for a few years now its back to a hobby. After sein your work............i quit!!! Looks great. I've been tryin to get a brush in my kids hand, but he's just not interested