Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bowling Green NHRR pic links

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LZ, Jun 20, 2009.

1. LZ

LZ

2. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Thanks Luke ! The weather looks good too.:D

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

4. LZ

LZ

5. LZ

LZ

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mid-90's & high humidity every day. Almost too damn hot to walk around, but thank God for the covered grandstands !!!

7. LZ

LZ

8. LZ

LZ

Bob:

Your there???
    We expect Pics...:p
    Enjoy

9. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

The run was great again this year. Hot Hot Hot weather but it is summer. Thanks for the pics. I did not carry a camera this year... Great racing and the Show and Shine was as full of excellent cars and trucks. The only gripe I have was the 4 wheel ATVs, motorcycles, bicycles and golf carts on the Show and Shine area. As we walked around to look at other cars we had to keep an eye open for the thoughtless ones on motorized vehicles driving up and down the rows and between cars. 99% were not handicapped they are lazy and seem to think they have thr right-away. Well I have had my say... We still enjoyed the run and will go again next year..

10. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

My brother and I spent a couple of days at Bowling Green.To me,it is one of the neatest tracks in the country.Definetly "Old Skool" to use a worn cliche.Covered bleechers,lots of trees.The heat was bad but there was a breeze.Step into the shade and it was pretty nice.Lots of people.The pits were full.I remember the 1st year when the pits were only 1/3 full.
    Stone,Woods and Cook cars were there.There was also one of their funny cars in another pit area.
    [​IMG]

Suicide King seems to have a reputation as a wheelstander.Note the right rear wheel is off of the ground too! Right after this he came down hard and shut it down.He felt like he had broken something.
    [​IMG]
    Not that he was the only wheelstander there!
    [​IMG]

OK,Yeah,it is a 69.But to me ,it was one of the neatest pieces there.Excellent execution!
    [​IMG]
    Spiffy little coupe.
    [​IMG]

Cruise in style!
    [​IMG]
    Lots of plumbing!
    [​IMG]

Killer job on this Nash.It was driven there too.Saw it later on I-65
    [​IMG]

An aluminum Angelia
    [​IMG]
    Once upon a time some friends of mine and I campaigned one of these.
    [​IMG]
    Nice job on something that was really mostly new.
    [​IMG]

This intake system got me!Pretty trick on a SBC.
    [​IMG]

And a coupe
    [​IMG]
    RM Auctions had this on display.It is being sold next September.

[​IMG]

Trick Vespa
    [​IMG]
    Some more gasser action.
    [​IMG]

Mean while the burnouts continued.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Well my fingers are getting burned out too.I'll get some more pix up later.ENJOY!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  11. LZ

LZ

Thanks for the Pics and posts all
    Means a lot to us not able to attend.
    Maybe next year as we do not have any scheduled graduates in the
    Family next year...:rolleyes:

12. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

We went yesterday. It was hot for sure but there was a nice breeze in the grandstand. This two engine dragster did a 3/4 track burnout and still ran 130 mph. This Willys coupe was sweet also. Lots of cars and people and the racing was great.

Attached Files:

13. Freiburger

Freiburger

14. saltracer

saltracer

15. LZ

LZ

16. How long can you idle one of these beasts without screwing it up?

17. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

The two Stone, Woods, and Cook cars were the original Swindlers, restored by the current owners. I talked to them for quite awhile....nice people.

18. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hot ,but a great weekend!!! it is worth the trip to go! my 3rd timeat bg, and i will go again. if you have been watching the miscalculation build from todd schmidt he made it! came out great!!!

19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I'm still in Bowling Green - stayed right to the end of the top fuel elimination run. Worked out nice, since I'm staying at my daughter's place about 10 miles from the track and being here over Father's Day. Will be on the way back home Monday morning. I took a lot of pics, but heaven only knows if they turned out any good or not. I'll check 'em out when I get back and post the good ones, if there are any. :eek:

20. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much for all the links... :)

21. ezdusit

ezdusit

22. brandon

brandon

the golf cart deal was worse this year than it ever has been ...or at least it was for me.... major pita.:rolleyes: will post up some pics tomorrow.....

23. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

That is good to know.I was with people and didn't get to talk to them.They were among my favorites.

24. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

As many golf carts as show cars on saturday.

note: If you crowd them, they will get out of your way. :) Another advantage to driving something that looks like a POS.

25. brandon

brandon

i told my kid this morning as we rounded the turn up on the hill...if we had been in something a bit bigger than my a , we might have accidently have missed the turn....:D could have taken out probably 20 or so of them that were parked....:eek:

26. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Half the people in golf carts would benefit from WALKING!

27. Rusty

Rusty

The baddest event in the world PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

HAd a Blast

Rusty

28. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Yeah, I got Kentucky Fried (sunburnt) and I don't mean the chicken. It was hot, but wouldn't miss it for the world. The cars and the racing are awesome! I'd like to give a shout out to Todd Martin (hemibaker) for his hospitality in the pits. I'll try to post the pics I took when I get em uploaded.

29. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

The golf cart fiasco is ridiculous. Every year they mail out a warning statement with your event credentials about this subject but it goes un-heeded every year. The ones that kill me are the people that trailer a golf cart into the spectactor parking, un-load the golf cart and drive it right into the event. I call these "Professional Spectators". If you are truly handicapped and need it, I understand, but that's usually not the case. It doesn't matter though if they would ban them at the gate anyway, necause the last couple of years, there's been a company that will rent them to you inside the event. Don't know if they were there this year, but they've been there in the past. You know, I think we need a Golf Cart Nationals. Leave the race/show car at home, rent a state park or something with terriffic scenery, and just bring you golf carts!