Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The guy that drove the Model A coupe and took home fast hot rod trophy and his friend that drove the creme yellow Chevy coupe are both from the Hamilton, GA area.
    Know a guy here in Griffin that may know how to contact him, I'll call and find out.
    Also, there are sveral hot rods here in Griffin that I'll contact about particpating. One "A"coupe, SBC powered, The glass '32 coupe that showed up when we had HAMB and GRITS in Griffin, An "A" coupe, SBC,full fendered from Hampton, an "A" tudor, SBC, full fendered from Griffin ( theguy came to my shop that day, but wasn't in his orange tudor, a glass 5w'32coupe, SBC, a glass '32 roadster, SBC, and several others under construction at various stages of completion.
    Should be an easier job to get them interested with this much advance notice.
    If everybody works on all the hot rodders they know all summer, we should get a good turnout.
    Dave

2. chopped

chopped

My streak ends winning the six class, I sold her. I'll pass on the trophy to the next winner.

3. And I said last year I would come back better this year and beat you in your 6... well since I didn't get to make any significant performance upgrades, I'll say to you..
    "Thanks for letting me off the hook"

4. Anyone interested in chipping in for a band? I am still working on some things to liven up the early evening. As Josh, Stealthcruiser and Rus keeps the later part of the evening going........

5. Sure Jimmy, I'll throw a couple of bills in for a band. Any one that could contact Walt and see if he would be available to play with his band? The more bands the better... maybe have them play later in the day... Just throwing some ideas out there...

I did my best to keep the after dark entertainment up last year, but my flamethrower display didn't end up with any engine carnage, so it went relatively unnoticed...

6. why...ya planning on sporting something more than a 283????????

7. FUCK! the old 54 might'da won.......if only i wasn't 900 miles away.....

8. hemi

hemi

What if I have a 73?? I'm off that weekend and like to drink beer, er... camp.

9. Talked to HotrodWalt a little while ago. He is going to check on their schedule. We need a good bit of participation for bands to come out. Through out some ideas to get crowd to grow. This is a good laid back venue where you can have some good meet and greet.

Redsled

10. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

well maybe i can get there for the party then. ill stay all night and be one of the "smart ones", if by smart, you mean drinking all night and making my old lady drive home!?! ill be friggin' brilliant!

why not make it a two day event. no racing on Sunday?? say that out load....seriously. "THERE WILL BE NO RACING OF CARS ON SUNDAY". say it over and over again!

j/king...that is the smart thing

11. You and your '73 should bring some beer and camping stuff and hang out...

12. The track is not open on Sundays. So far this event had been small and low key, the track we use fits us into a day with a light schedule, the event has never been big enough (yet) to do a two day event. I think that you can show up Friday evening and run, then stick around Saturday for our show... then you have a two day event...

13. chopped

chopped

No one cares, it's all in fun.

14. Hell yeah - I bet Baby Blue could rip off some times. It's a blast man. Make as many passes as you can stand no lines.

15. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Heres the flyer..Working on the T-shirt art now!

Attached Files:

16. Jamie,
    that is "Bad Ass"... great job...

17. hemi

hemi

Yeah... lol... a blistering 16 seconds with the 2.73s I'm sure. I'd like to make a few passes anyways. If you race on Saturday, do you camp and leave Sunday morning? It's like 3 hours away from us...

18. Great Flyer!!
    Make sure you get some printed on heavy stock to sell.

19. Thats what usually happens.

20. You would still be beating me by about two seconds... I like to say that I get to enjoy the experience a little longer than the rest of the drivers...

21. hemi

hemi

or maybe it's the suspense! 16's are probably being optimistic... it's a big car.

22. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

It isn't about the speed ,it's the fun. Jamie great pic. How about having some made about 18x 24? I would be up for a few. thanks, jim.

23. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Thanks everyone..i cant take all the credit for the flyer.. 4t64rd did the silhouette of Dans 32..I just did the rest.

Im sure some bigger sizes wouldnt be too hard to print up..Ill call the printers later today and check on the prices.
    Anyone else interested in getting some of these in "poster size"

24. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

jamie for a numbers count I want 4.

25. great work on the flyer! I miss Dan. Somebody should let his wife/family know what's going on. Maybe they'll bring the car and we can something for them.

26. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Thanks Josh
    They already know about it and I'm pretty sure they are gonna bring his car out for it.

27. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey LOVE the artwork put me down for a poster! Thanks for all the effort i cant wait its gonna be a blast!

28. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

my '65 SS is a BIG car too so dont feel like the lone ranger here and im still a peg leg!:D

29. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Heres what I've come up with on the T-Shirt...Ive done 2 designs and cant decide which I like better..The only difference is the outline around the logo on the front of the shirt..What do yall think?

Btw, thanks to Pacheco for the 32 illustration.

Attached Files:

30. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

i love it! my vote is NO OVAL!