Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Grinder art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jun 16, 2009.

1. whaletail

whaletail
    from Austin TX

That is super cool, I really like it. I'd be interested in sending you a pic of my 53 Chev to get done.

2. I'm thinking that transparent airbrush paints over top of that would be cool, shading in the body, tires, sky and foreground... Every time you walk by it, it would change. like linear metalflake.

3. Wildfire

Wildfire

I was too lazy to try it, but I've been thinking about it all day...

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well I can take orders after the first week in July so anyone interested please PM me also the size of the one shown is 17 1/2 x 35 1/2 inches. We can talk more about orders through PM's Also I am going to try and get this service in the Hamb-O-Dex

Thanks Skirv I owe you so please send me your address and after the first I will hook you up................ for the magazine you sent me last year.............lol......

5. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Wow, $200? I want one... What do they weigh?

6. budd

budd

what about grinder flames?

7. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

those are bitching !

8. Jupiter Zone

Jupiter Zone

Can you maybe do Elvis or a stretched out naked woman? :D

9. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

They are not that heavy. But I will try and get this info tomorrow

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'm so glad no one wasted talent on me.
    Man thats so cool. You may have to retire and do that.
    I'd work that blessing and share it with as many who want it, that can afford it.
    Its beautiful.

11. c10addict

c10addict

Thats Bad Ass! Great Work!

12. bohmer2

bohmer2
    from Thayer, MO

So if I send you the bare deck lid of my 39 Plymouth and a photo of the car can you create a drawing of the car on the lid?

Does it have three dimensions or just a three dimensional appearance? Just wondering how I could finish around it.

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

The deck lid idea is interesting. :D To answer the question about the apperance it is all on a flat panel and it just has an apperance of being three dimensional.

14. Like Wildfire said, this is harder than it looks... I tried do do something like this on a scrap of aluminum once... once... I am even an artist and this type of works takes some real skill and talent to pull off and not look like you had a seizure while grinding.

15. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

NUTS! hooked up with a great idea. Like it alot. Good luck. Keep us posted where the exhibit is. NICE. Slim

16. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

That is awsome. I saw it in the Friday art show and hadn't seen anything like that before. In fact, you inspired me and I tried it myself. You made a Deuce roadster, and I made, well, it could be a tumbleweed if you squint. Seriously, that is really cool. How about some candy over the top?

17. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks Slim, My exhibit is being held in Binghamton, NY a little city in upstate NY throughout the month of July. The first friday of the month every month up here we have a few streets full of art galleries open up for the public. It usually starts around 5:30 - 6:00 pm and last through the night. The thing is most of all my pieces for this exhibit are more artsy than automotive related. You guys can see them over in the FAST social group here on the HAMB :D

18. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

Man that is cooooool!
    I think youre on to something.

19. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That's way cool. Why didn't I think of that?:D

20. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

We will be rolling through Binghamton on the way to the Syracuse Nationals. What is the name of the gallery?

21. scarylarry

scarylarry

Nice job. We did the door in our place.

Attached Files:

22. chevlimo

chevlimo

That is amazing! You are very, very talented. I'd definately buy one.

23. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

That is beautiful, I'm bookmarking this for when the new house/garage is done so I can order one. Great job!!!

24. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

The Gallery is on State Street in Binghamton Ny and the studio is Orazio Salati go to his web site you can get the exact address oraziosalati.com
    Larry that door is sweet!! Now we get to see how this stuff looks cover with a color.

25. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

I think you got your answer, the gearheads dig it!

I've messed around with grinder designs before, it's definitely not easy. I stick with patterns rather than making pictures at this point!

Do you coat any of the aluminum stuff you do(I saw the piece in the friday show was al)? I usually do a little pattern in the aluminum vases I makes, but it's so soft that it scratches very easily.

26. noboD

noboD

That is killer. How about a sheet of brass or copper?

27. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This is my first time ever messing with aluminum. It is tricky because of how soft it is. I am not sure if i like it for this type of art.

I have not tried it with either one of these yet but I am sure I will give it a shot.

28. Most definitely kool Lockwood! Nice to see someone reach for the different tools when creating, I really enjoy all of your work!
    See ya,
    Chris.

29. PoPo

PoPo

I like it. I'd love to have something like that in my basement. That would make a great father's day gift or similar. I hope you make these for a while and I can send my wife your email and a pic of my car so she can buy it as a present for me someday.

JC

30. Great looking stuff lockwood!Here are a couple of pics done by Bill Watkins in Ohio.The sharks are made from old quarter panels;hammered,and ground.Bill makes a lot of ground aluminum panels for various pinstriper events such as Detroit and Syracuse.He does a lot of candy coating and louvers to them as well.

Attached Files: