Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old skool round up @ Syracuse Nats.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Jun 14, 2009.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Whos goin this year?

I'll be there with my truck. Will be my first time. I missed it last year. Didnt even know it was goin on, found out months later.

2. sawzall

sawzall

trying like HELL to get the 40 woodie there.. '

[​IMG]

glass will likely be my hold up.. its not expected till crunch time.

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I will be there!!!!

4. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Me and a few others are planning to go up. I haven't gone in a couple of years, but always had a good time. Plus I'll get my "Dinosaur BBQ" fix.

5. Haven't gone since I sold my 34 3W, but will go this year...since I'm building a blown Hemi 32 roadster...

6. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

what's the date on that event?

7. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

The round up is Friday, July 17th. The Syracuse Nats go through the whole weekend, but the OSR show is only on friday.

8. Syracuse Nationals is a huge Gathering... Just about every year they have had over 5000 cars. Been to most of them, but sitting out this year. If you go, Bring coolers and good walking shoes, Miles of stuff to look at! It gets hot out on the pavement! It's fun to get there early and sit by the gate and watch them all come in.

9. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Maybe I take the 40 ...............

[​IMG]

10. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Im at the Nats every year but rarely get time to venture from my booth- if someone wants to coem grab me and bring me over to meet y'all- PLEASE DO! Otherwise I forget... (CRS)

11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I will be there in this again but with a new look. :D

Attached Files:

12. I will be at the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, New Brunswick the prior weekend and then to the Syracuse Nationals on the way home. I'll be driving to old brown Vicky. Hope to see you there.
    PHIL

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I should be there - please come in and see me - I will be located in the building that is right by the old school gathering....cant miss us - we have all the Rat Fink stuff as well as hot rod DVDs

this year we hope to have Max Grundy there with us - we are carrying all his product and hope to have him come out to Syracuse to sign the new DVD (since he did the cover) and his art. SO stop in and say hey.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My all time favorite place to hang out and eat BBQ.

15. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Dino Barb just won one of the early shows (Today or GMA) awards for Best BBq in America. MAde the top 4 and then was selected as the place. Live about 5 miles from it, been there maybe 3 times. Once every ten years or so....

16. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

So is there a HAMB meet at the event ? I have been going here since 2003 and nevermet a HAMBer there yet.

17. Will be at the swap meet most likely. I did like 5 times as much there as any other show last year, and I have a lot of crap to get rid of. Debating about bringing a car on a trailer, but the way things are going not sure I want to spend the gas money, would be easier to bring my '50 Chevy instead.

18. i be there with my 28 sedan with group of hot rods from bingotown

19. Wouldn't miss it!!

But, need some more info on the "Old skool round up" part of it?

see you all there.:D

20. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

My gal and I are going, scheduled to sit in with Gene Winfield and do some pinstriping. Cant wait! Best to you all. Slim

21. beckyatgrundy

beckyatgrundy

With all my family in Syracuse... and as a Syracuse University alum... I don't think I have an excuse not to attend :) If I make it, you'll find me hanging around the Grundy trailer... Hope to meet some of y'all!

22. beckyatgrundy

beckyatgrundy

I second that. Mmm. :D

23. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haven't missed one yet and don't intend to this year. I'll have my '55 red & white Buick there.

24. Tony

Tony

Not sure what we're doing this year. We havn't missed one yet either, but, this one may be the first. It's so damn expensive once it's all said and done.

Denise..the Dino is a GREAT place to BBQ!!! I'm lucky, the Rochester Dinosaur is less than 10 minutes from my house.......we go there a LOT :D

25. c10addict

c10addict

Man that Woodie is killer looking! Great work..

26. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

one week from friday. I'll be driving out from the utica/rome area friday mornin with a buddy. If anyone wants to join in let me know, the more the merrier

27. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

I never miss it, will be there on friday morning, driving a Willys or F100, yell at me if you see me, will have a cold beer for ya

[​IMG][​IMG]

28. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ill be at the show again this year with a booth. Nothng that would fit in the Old Skool round up but stop by my booth and say hello - It is supposed to be by Air Ride Technologies and Cool FLex.
    (especially you Becky!)
    :D