Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

OK add me to the list for traffic/clean up for next time. And cruising - all part of the job, right?

2. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

They didnt have an In-N-Out burger truck or port-o-potties back in the 70's. I think that will make it feel more like your typical "organized show", not a bunch of cruisers with no real plan but to cruise and see what happens, isnt that the whole excitement of it?

3. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Good point - there was a KFC right over the road, we cruised up past a McDonalds - why not encourage cruizers to patronize the local businesses (and bathrooms)?

4. I agree!!! Leave it alone.

5. Eryk

Eryk

Yeah. I agree.

I kinda like the idea of having to keep moving. Let's not make it too convenient to stay in that lot. The Rydell staff was gracious and their hospitality is much appreciated. But I'd like to see more cruising next time. Cruise, eat, cruise, piss, cruise, shoot the shit, cruise, gas, cruise. But I'm guilty of parking too. I only made 4 passes.:eek:

I'm still on a natural high from last night. I can't wait to do it again.

6. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

A few pics from yesterday.. finally got them posted! My camera sucks ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Glad to see people agree with me!

8. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

a big Thank You's to all that made this happen.

The parking lot was cool, but I couldnt stop smiling during the cruising! Im too young to have been cruising Van Nuys back in the day, but I sure got a good feel of it last night.

I hope this turns into at least a bi-weekly thing during the summer months!!

9. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

photobucket is the way to go to post photo's

10. elrobo818

elrobo818

there are two in n outs on van nuys....

one at the plant between saticoy and roscoe

the other is just before ventura...

next time we should take the cruise further out there if you guys want in n out!!!

11. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

Closer To Ventura Blvd Would Be Great. I Think This Is Gonna Grow In The Future So We May Have No Choice But To Go Further Down.

12. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

13. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

As I mentioned earlier, my vote is to keep it on Wednesday nights, but not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, the first Wednesday of the month is the cruise out at the drag museum in Pomona. Just something to keep in mind.

14. can you believe the power in the H.A.M.B.? Look what we did. 28 years ago I watched in horror from the drivers seat of my '67 GTO Conv. as they put the barriers out and STOPPED Van Nuys. Now 28 years later we did what people thought we could never do (myself included) WE BROUGHT CRUISING BACK TO VAN NUYS.
    Man, there is power in numbers. But let's not push the envelope. Don't be a squirrel out there on the Blvd. They can throw us out again too.

15. hey vncruiser once again thanks for taking charge!

as for the lot i new that the trash was going to be a issue. we need volunteers to clean up. (count me in)

16. elrobo818

elrobo818

me too

17. rev106

rev106

I think that's next month, the 18th of July.

18. Yes, pre-paid. We don't need it. Cruise to a food joint. That's what we did back then. There's Jack in the Box, Arby's, In & Out, KFC, sandwhich shops, and all kinds of other places. Most were some of the "key" hangouts back then. (lots of street racers at Jack in the Box)

It's a seperate deal, but I'm gonna check it out. But, it's July 18, no meeting spot like ours. Just cruising from 8-11 between Oxnard and the 101

Ditto. Also a good Deli at the Ralph's that a lot of guys parked at

Exactly. Cruise//eat/cruise/cruise/eat/cruise/cruise/piss:cool:

19. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

This is cool But I want to see more pic's:) Did anybody see any custom corvette's like the one use in the movie "Corvette Summer" love that movie. Love see the pic's with the cars on the strip.:D

20. I was there that night. The kids with the BB gun were probably tire of hearing "Bandini's" bullshit lies and figured they'd shut him up. Actually I thought it was pretty funny. Remember why he was nicknamed "Bandini".

21. you can't forget the mouth on that guy!

23. I don't remember the BB gun shot. But, I do remember that fucker being so full of shit, and us giving him his appropriate nick-name. Bandini (Bandini mountain) was a fertilizer commercial on TV back then. God he was full of it. He'd never race me back then, but he beat a car I built and sold to a friend with my friend giving a couple car handicap. I bought the car back and made Bandini race me the following week, since he gave me so much grief after beating my friend. I gave him twice the handicap my friend gave him and handed his ass to him. (My friend was a poor street racer). Anyway R. Seghi used to come out just to hear us give Bandini a verbal lashing every week:eek:

24. Eryk

Eryk

Hey Groucho. Don't you mean...cruise/piss/cruise/piss/eat/cruise/piss/piss/cruise/piss...hahaha. You old timers crack me up.:D

Count me in for cleanup duty afterwards as well.

25. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Well, with Bob's Big Boy coming back to SoCal.........could it be, is it possible? Would they put one back on the blvd.........can balance be restored to the universe?

wishing and hoping

alan

26. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

As for clean up, what about those cardboard trashcans you see at events? I think Waste Management has them.

alan

27. OR, people can put the trash back in the same cars that brought the trash, and empty the trash out of that car when they get home. That's what I did.

28. iroc

iroc

Back in the mid 70’s I was an assistant manager at a tire shop on Van Nuys just south of Roscoe next to the GM plant. Most of the cruising was south of us but some came as far as us. I would keep my store open only so that I can watch all the cars go by. I had many times guys stop and need some air in the tires , I can’t count how many free flat repairs I did for many. I had lots of business from those guys that got free air and flat repairs when they needed new tires and wheels. SO even back then I greatly appreciated the business cruise night generated. So if we all do patronize the local businesses, they will not only not complain to the LAW but will welcome us with open arms as I did back then, we don’t need to beg for food guys let IN & OUT keep their truck parked in there parking lot and collect dust while the local businesses collect the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    By the way Mr Rydell my son just got his learners permit and will be needing a car where do you think will be the first place I am going to looking for one YES YOU MR Rydell

29. Ha ha, hit the nail on the head! If you brought your trash, take your trash home!

About Bandini, when I was working for Dick Gazan, he got a call one day,
    and I could tell he was talking about a 512 inch BB chevy. He was on the
    phone for a good hour. When Dick gets off the phone he says to me, hey
    this could be a good one for us, a full house 512 for some '65 Nova valley street racer. I ask, was his name Steve Lyons (Hey! this just hit me "Lyon sombitch") he says ya how'd ya know? I tell Dick.., you just got phone phucked with lie # 26,493, the 9 second '65 Nova bit. He say's what do you mean. I told him the guy works at Chevron station and aint got two nickels to rub together. The only car I ever seen him with was some ratty '67-68 camaro that runs 14's at the county.

30. Salvarican

Salvarican

My thought exactly. Thanks for putting it out. We are all grownups. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.