Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I musta made 20 passes last night. My clutch leg was hurting by the time I took a break. 8PM came and I was running for my car. I waited 28 years just to experience this again. Anybody who needed to talk to me can just wait. UUMM CRUISIN' MAN!
    The memories, the experience of being there then, and doing it again. DAMN! IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE! WE ACTUALLY CRUISED VAN NUYS AGAIN! SHIT THIS MAY WORK! All of the officers that shut us down the first time are retired. The new cops in their place are seeing this for the first time. So they're jazzed. Just PLEASE, don't be a squirrel. Don't do any burnouts like that guy in the white AMC Hornet (in front of the cops standing on the sidewalk watching in amazement at Delano St. Yeah, I was right behind you.) Nice. I heard that the guy who did that in front of Rydell got his car impounded. So let's not be DICKS. Let's see if we can not fuck this up this time. So much time has passed since they shut it down the first time that the statute of limitations might have run out about whatever law they used to do that then. So let's be cool. There's no law about driving our cars on the Blvd. so let's not give them a reason to make one, AGAIN.

2. rev106

rev106

Lots of fun. I pulled into the street and was surrounded by classics, it was like I traveled back through time.

Any chance we can get Rydell to let us use the lot again?

3. You guys are lucky, wish I could have been there! Hope it continues to grow and the dumb kids dont mess it up.

4. flynstone

flynstone

dont need a lot to cruize. as a matter of fact if we could not use it more would cruize and park on the streets like it used to be....rydells was liks another car show..get out and drive em

5. Hey, I loved the 57!!!!!!!!!! I still would like to see the "Goat"

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Oh yeah, with the blown 240Z. I ran into him at OCR when Mike took the black vette down there. He was working on the "Snakes" car when he spotted me. He asked how the vette was running (Bottle Bob's old vette) and you shoulda heard the crowd. Everyone was wondering, what vette? LOL

When I knew Mike, his last name was Devaney, but I guess you know why. LOL

I'm surprised Bob enjoyed himself. Now you gotta talk him into a classic rod..............

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Now if we could start meeting behind the BofA on Saturday nights after midnight. :rolleyes:

The other spots were Sepulveda and Nordhoff and Tommy's across from the brewery. ;)

8. Hey also, sorry to keep rambling guys but look at the economy. We're in the tank. How many businesses are closing. Look at all of the revenue that we are generating for Van Nuys. Figure this, just about everybody ate on Van Nuys Blvd. I'll bet most of us bought gas there too. The girl at Arby's couldn't believe it, the guy at Mobil wants us back, and every other point on the Blvd.
    So if they try to shut us down again maybe we should just band together and REMIND those JACK-OFFS in office just what we bring in, MONEY! greenbacks baby, cold hard cash, currency, dead presidents, cabbage.
    So you see if we're smart we're in the drivers seat, literally.

9. elrobo818

elrobo818

Look at how many fng's are on this thread now talking about how much they enjoyed it... All thanks to the this cruise.

It was kool meeting and seeing a bunch of you guys out there... I recognized a bunch of rides from the hamb.

10. elrobo818

elrobo818

Oh!!!!!

And i got to thinkin about what all those people were saying about van nuys blvd and how its gotten so "bad" and what not...

Last nite the blvd never looked so good... Well at least not in my life time...

You didnt notice all the "bad" in the area... It was all about the cars last night... And that was the main focus....

The blvd looked gorgeous with all em cars cruising up and down.... And all em neon lights lighting the street...

So everyone that talked smack about the blvd....

Do me a favor and shut up.

It is what it is... And its home for me, and a bunch of other people who were there....

So unless you came out to cruise last night and checked it out for yourself, dont throw in your 2cents about the blvd.

Last night the blvd didnt look "rundown"

it looked alive.

11. DUDE, I remember that place. I was there the night that Steve Lyons (bandini) got hit in the nose by a BB shot by some kid from the apartments behind Tommy's, remember that Groucho? I think everybody ran up there (about 20 angry kids) and scared the shit out of him before the police showed up to save him.

12. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

Okay Groucho You Got Your 7

13. flynstone

flynstone

well i did not see your elco but maybe for shit and giggles a little match against the goat??

14. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

I don't have an elco I have a 71 nova on 9 inch Goodyear Slicks

15. flynstone

flynstone

sorry i was talkin to groucho, but fun is fun.............. thanks on the 57 ive had it 28 years now its sat high with ralleys and its sat stock for awhile then the last paso i lowered it.....praise the lowerd

16. ......and the "move" for $500?

17. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Last night the blvd didnt look "rundown"

it looked alive.[/QUOTE]

Damn right - be proud of the part you played in making that happen my friend!

18. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Still trying to get the hang of posting pics!

19. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

I took a bunch of pics last night and cannot get them to upload on here even the links I've tried using don't work.. any suggestions?

20. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

These are all pretty grainy & blurry, but it helps convey the feeling of motion - and all cars look better moving than standing still!

21. very cool and congrats on bringin it back.........only thing I remember from the old daze not shown were the cuties in tubes tops.........someday soon we will roll from tucson for this ,hell I used to come from portland in the day to cruise,under the story of seein my folks in Newport Beach,,,,,,,

22. iroc

iroc

Any one know if the deal for next week that the Shaw guy was trying to put on will be happening ???? Also now that last night is in my blood again I am starting to go through withdrawal, when is the next one any tentative date set yet ????

23. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

If he ran out you can have mine!

Here's Holstein's grandson laying in wait - but we didn't have a chain!
    The cops were great though - they turned a blind eye to a lot! Pretty hard to ignore a blown big block doing a burnout though!:eek:
    I think they were digging it too - I'm sure they'd rather watch us cruise than some of the other shit they have to deal with! And it brings business to the area - gotta be worth encouraging right?
    Thanks again to all involved
    CraigR

24. elrobo818

elrobo818

you guys having trouble uploading pix should just use photobucket then copy the codes and paste them as a reply on here.

i think its easier... but thats just me. i dont know of any other way?

25. horatiocaine

horatiocaine

I got there at 7:45PM, parked at Rydel, said self I came here to cruise not park made 3 passes blvd was dead. I went home and for some reason went back in a different car about an hour later, my VW same car I cruised the blvd in until they closed it, when I got back people were cruising, I saw friends I had not seen for 20 years, it was awsome! got home and could not sleep. I can not wait to do it again, I am grateful to all that put it together and agree that if everyone plays nice it is good for the local economy probably a welcome attraction/distraction for the local cops and just the best thing that I have done in years.
    Andy

26. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Upload the pics to a photobucket account and then copy and paste the HTML code here, hit submit reply and that should do it.
    I took pics last night but my digital camera took a crap on me after 6 years, murphy's law I guess..
    The turn out was surprising to me BTW..

27. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

I received a call from Rydell today...They would like to do it again (tentatively) on Wed, July 1st... I will confirm this later. I am meeting with them on Monday..They only had one complaint, and that was trash left behind....They ask that you take what you bring...I'm going to look into some trash containers. The Rydell manager, who is a former cruiser himself, said that when he left at 9:30, it was the greatest sight to see people cruising the boulevard again. They will be more than happy to let us use the lot once a month...That is all he can justify to his higher ups. I also think a once a month cruise will be better at this point as not to wear out the welcome, not only from Rydell, but the LAPD as well.
    For the most part, everyone did a great job in policing themselves. A few still felt the need to light the tires, and as much as I like a bomber laying frame, guys, you'll get us the boot if you keep that up...Sorry, you just gotta refrain guys. The LAPD stayed off our backs, let keep them our friends...
    Businesses in the area certainly were not bored! It's the Gearhead Economic Stimulus Plan...That will certainly make us friends with the local merchants...What a turnaround from the old days...
    I forgot to thank Michael Cini for his connection that got us the hook-up at Rydell..Michael, I think it would have been a total fiasco without it...I guess the return of the Boulevard cruise was meant to be...Thanks!
    I've seen posts here that people could not sleep after leaving. I was one of them...I had such a buzz (and I've been sober 24 years) from seeing people from 30 years ago, the cars, people having a great time and the aura of cruising again...Who said you can't go back? We sure did!
    Thanks to everyone for their participation...As I said before, the plan is to make it a monthly cruise, at least for right now...I will post updates as I get more information...
    We are going to try to get things a little more organized and make it even better...The talk of the In-n -Out burger truck was brought by lots of people, the bathroom situation needs to be addressed...We are going to do our best to work these things out...Any feedback will be greatly appreciated....
    I will be looking for a few volunteers in the near future to help with traffic control and parking in the lot, but guys, it's a cruise, not a sit in the chair...That's what makes this so unique....
    Anyway, thanks again to all and this will happen again soon....
    "Cruise Cool on Van Nuys Blvd"

28. Splinter

Splinter

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's MY white Mach I in the background in the first few seconds of this video.....I am a ROCK STAR.

29. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

The deal with IN-N-OUt is that it looks to be prepaid. According to the website, you have to make a cash deposit and estimate what your consumption will be. They furthur state that they don't take money at the trailer?!?!?!?

Oh well. Roach coaches?

http://www.in-n-out.com/cookout_specifications.asp

alan

30. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

I have an album posted on Facebook which i was trying to link to here ..it works on any other site..just wont take it for some reason on this site..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.