Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elrobo818

elrobo818

I got the car going!!!..... No brake lights... No gauges... No turn signal.... Huge hole behind my steering wheel! But im cruisin van nuys tonight!!!!!

Hell no i wasnt gonna miss out on cruising tonight!

Ahhhhhhhh im excited..

2. MCM

MCM

Passed by on my way home from work and there were a bunch of people over in the Ralph's lot, nobody at Rydell yet (this was about 6:30).

My car is down, but I'll be there in my buddy's car, most likely a purple '62 Newport...

3. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Alright I'm heading out...not driving anything cool but I wanna check it out! Thanks for posting this!

4. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

Sadly, couldn't make the trip. Sure hope there are lots of pics. Brad

5. retro54

retro54
    from PA

you guys are killing me..hopefully the cruise is in full swing right now! geez.. why do i gotta be on the east coast!

6. Chuck G.

Chuck G.

I went to the Ralphs lot first and it was pretty quiet. There were a few cars, so I took a quick look and decided to leave. I started driving down the street and saw a lot of cars at the Rydell lot. I'm glad I didn't go the other way because that was the place to be. It kind of reminded me of my first cruise night at Kevin's when I was a kid.

There was traditional stuff as well as some muscle cars and lowriders. People started cruising up and down the street and the sidewalk was lined with people watching. Sorry guys but I didn't bring my camera. Hopefully this can keep on happening.

7. Kevo62

Kevo62
    from Orlando

WOW!!! Im so jealous... I bet its going off right now. Please post pics.

8. iroc

iroc

IT WAS AMAZING had to be over 200 cars Rydell lot was so full they were turning people away. I saw many still @ Ralph's a bunch at Roaring 20's many just parked on street. When the actual Cruising started amazing the sound of all those cars. People standing on sidewalks for miles taking pictures. I saw a few cops just looking at us like what the hell is this all about. Most people were cool I saw just a few start with the street racing but most were cool I did take pictures but need to shrink them down before I can post. A big thank you for the Rydell guys who let us use there lot, without them we would have hundreds of cars just lined up on the street

9. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Right on ! Been following this thread from the beginning.Sounds like it was a good turn out.Glad to hear it...

10. Splinter

Splinter

Just got home, too. Lotta fun, lotta great cars. Ran into a few people I haven't seen in a while, got an eyefull of some Lowlows, throwing sparks and all. Hope it stays this much fun all summer!
    Where the fuck was Groucho?

11. iroc

iroc

Groucho was there in his El Camino

Those that couldn't make it do yourself a favor don't miss the next one if it is anything like tonights showing I would fly out from NY if I didn't live so close just to be able and say YA I was there. There were cars there I NEVER saw before at any local show or gathering

12. Kevo62

Kevo62
    from Orlando

I will send you a check for some damn pictures... I know its a lot of work but......

Whats your address??

Wish I could have been there. I grew up in So. Cal. but now Im on the east coast.

13. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

i was there, had to come home early cause the baby, and wasnt able to take the 54, no brakes :(, but was there nonetheless and it was AWESOME, great cars all over the place it was just too cool, hope theres another one before i gotta go back

14. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

sorry no pics, my g phone died on the way

15. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

A HUGE thanks to the VN Cruising association - ElRobo, Reid, Groucho & whoever else passed out those fliers - tonight was a blast!

Rydell's first lot was full when we got there at 7:30!

16. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Here's the pics I tried to attach to my last post...:D

17. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Huge range of rides showed up - Hot rods, street rods, muscle cars, customs, low riders, vans ('bout time we saw more of these!) bikes, vws etc etc...

18. just got home! it was a blast!!!

19. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

More pics..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  20. cretin

cretin

I didn't get to stay too long, or take my car with me, but it was cool to go check it out.

21. we all got to thank vncruiser for getting rydell for us. elrobo and groucho for passing out fliers.

22. cretin

cretin

^^ You're right. Thanks guys for putting this together. I hope it can continue.

23. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

The Van Nuys Cruising Association would like to thank everyone for coming tonight and making it a huge sucess.. I would especially like to thank Rydell Chevrolet for the generousity in allowing us to use the lots...I would also like to thank Mrs ElRobo for designing the fantastic flyers and to El Robo himself for passing out flyers and to Groucho for getting the word out....Also a big thanks to Tony and Radioactive Bob for helping with traffic control as the lots filled quickly...A big shout out to the LAPD for allowing us to cruise.
    I'd like to mention we had Cruisers from as far away as Sweden...Estimates were as high as 2,000 cars and unknown amount of sidewalk spectators....
    We hope to do this again soon....So stay tuned....

24. elrobo818

elrobo818

Maaaan oh man...

I big thank you to everyone that came out tonight! We all had a big part in this... Everyone that helped spread the word... Showed up.... And even those that had a contribution to add to this thread...

Just got home... Cruised by the lot one more time to make sure everything was kool at rydell... Every thing looked good...

Made my last cruise home down van nuys before i sell my car.

:(

jk... im not sellin my baby!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  25. elrobo818

elrobo818

oh... AND LETS SEE ALL EM PICTURES!!!

26. Didnt get to click off to many.. Was busy cruzin'

27. I was there from about 7 til after 11PM. Now, if someone can tell me how to "SIMPLY" put multiple pics on one post I'll show what I took. Keep in mind I never take my camera anywhere. So, if ya wanna see what I got, "KISS":cool:. BTW, it was unfuckingbelievable

28. That was BITCHIN'. The memories that came flooding in. Very surprised that the Police let us. I saw one burnout by some squirrel in a white AMC but that's all. I heard one guy got squirrelly in front of Rydell and got pulled over but no ticket. Glad we could all maitain. But then anybody that cruised back in the day IS in their '40's now so I'm not surprised. I do hve to wonder though. If we waited for almost 30 years to do this again then why were most people sitting on their ass in the parking lot. If you came to an actual cruise then, CRUISE DAMMIT. Don't just sit there man, that was BITCHIN'. I hope we can get away with it next week. But remember, if we don't act like shitheads out there the police may not shut us down. Now wouldn't THAT be something?
    Sorry I can't work late boss, I need to go CRUISE. Now isn't this why we're Hot Rodders in the first place? Help me out here guys, CRUISE, CRUISE, CRUISE.

29. Our host, VNcruiser. A big THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.