Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. ybu22z

ybu22z

OooOOooh.... is that a XK(?) Squire wagon in the background?

2. XM BIRD

XM BIRD

..good vision your right on the money, here is another couple of shots of the Squire and other Falcons at the Victorian Hot Rod Show 2006

P1200003.jpg P1210024.jpg P1200002.jpg

3. ybu22z

ybu22z

Thanks for that XMBird. By comparison they are really a very odd styling when you compare to what else we got in this country. I don't think we got any other factory delivered 'woody's' in this era. I think I saw that car at a classic Falcon show in Canberra a few years ago. I know there was another getting around in far less good condition that sold on EvilBay earlier this year... and it was made out to be something very exceptional

4. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I have to add Australia to my list of places to visit for cars.
    I want to go all over Mexico searching out old VW's.
    I want to go all over Cuba searching out old US cars.
    And now I want to go all over Australia searching out old Falcons.

5. More pics of the green AU Ranchero!

6. angelotti86

angelotti86

My friends 65 falcon wagon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  7. XM BIRD

XM BIRD

..the light green one is my wifes car, here are a couple of my wife with her car at the Victorian Hot Rod Show and The Cars Of The World Show where she won best Pickup and Ute and Best Of Show respectivley (and yes she works on them as well and drives them)...

P1150057.jpg P9230015.jpg P9230018.jpg

P9230023.jpg P1220003.jpg PC020043.jpg

8. Did AU Rancheros come with a wood bed, or did you upgrade it?

9. zomb1e

zomb1e

oh fucked up the pics so here goes...
    65 XP falcon, 170 3onthetree, XF disk brake brakes, GMH springs, skanky top to bottom...

Attached Files:

10. XM BIRD

XM BIRD

..no they came with the partial wood bed as in the 1960 model (light green), however when I did the XM Custom (Ranchero) that's a '64 I put a full wood bed in it with stainless bed spacers...

PA060031.jpg PA060032.jpg

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

My lil 64 aint bad, especially since its a three year old "krylon special" paint job and ive maybe 600 into her total. Of course, shes very unfinished, (nerf bars to come some year) but i cant tear down my daily driver.

12. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

xm...gorgeous work man! too all who did it! beautiful...

13. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

To Mr. "XM BIRD" in Australia-
    In your last post, weith the light green XK UTE...do you have a source for that rubber floor covering you could tell me? Are they reproducing those there in Australia, or did you find an NOS one...that one in your car looks, "new"!
    Thanks in advance -
    ~~~H.A.M.B.= I TRIED (do not remove this post) to PM him, but it says he doesn't receive them, for some reason. THANKS!

Attached Files:

14. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Clean little 1961 Futura project we recently sold. People from other countries who were coming to Viva Las vegas wanted to buy it and arrange shipping. Really did not realize the falcons had so much of a following!
    ANyone have any pictures of FALCON SQUIRES?

Attached Files:

15. XM BIRD

XM BIRD

...don't understand why you couldn't PM me but something must have F****d up in the spirit world.. the mat was a NOS that I picked up back about 10 years ago and stored, the rubber is starting to perish a little under the seat but is 100% everywhere else sorry I couldn't help you but they are out there...cheers

16. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Vey nice I'm going for a similar look with the wheels on my 64 2-door and it's white as well.:)

17. flaked62merc

flaked62merc

thanks man , actully it took 2 days work and 2 cut up stock arms before we figured out how to get it right , we built upper and lower tube control arms i have no binding up or down, car has full turn radius 1 inch from ground , now steering on the other hand we are still working out the kinks there we have moved the steering box up and all the linkage and now we are notching the frame for the tie rods also i am going to heim joints for the ends to cut down on the binding should be the sickness when its done maybe i will actully drive it again this year

18. speedracer6

speedracer6
    from w pa

Hey Red Racer, what do you have for front suspention? What springs? Stock upper arms? Need to get mine up in the air. thanks. speedracer

19. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Im in the process of re-installing my upper control arms as well.The only problem is I forgot how many shims should be used on each side.I'm trying to not draw the upper to far in into the shock tower.I have already did it once on one side and broke the fitting to grease the control arm shaft kit.Thinking about maybe cutting a small hole on both sides of the shock tower to allow for clearance of the grease fitting.What do you guys think? Will it weaken it ?
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

20. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Not enough to matter, bro...and, I used 3/4" of shims on my uppers, on the front and back bolts, to get the wheel out where it needs to be, and it looks and drives great. I had cut 1-1/2 coils on my springs, so I needed to jack that wheel out about that far to get it to work. I used an outside-the-coil spring compressor to take the pressure off the a-arm, loosened the bolts from the inside, jacked the back of the a-arm out with a small pry-bar, taped my shims together in a stack, and slipped them in over the bolts. Tighten the nuts, repeat for the other side, and your done. ;)

Also, don't forget to re-set your toe-in when you get those shims in.:)
    Rob

21. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thanks ghostcruiser

22. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

you could also use straight fittings instead of 90 degree. I have no shims at all on one side and they dont hit the sides of the shock tower. they are for setting camber and caster, so whatever it takes to get those in spec...
    peace

23. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

Here is my business partner's original drag Falcon at March Meet 2009. It's needs just a little bit to pass tech.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qjm9oCgRcf0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qjm9oCgRcf0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  24. 1963 1/2 Original factory V8, 4 speed with factory tri power.
    Fuzzy

Attached Files:

25. redracer64

redracer64

I am running stock v8 springs with granada spindles/disc brakes and aluminum spring spacers between the top of the shock tower and top of spring. Oh and drag shocks with extensions for maximum lift.

26. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

27. K-member a friend had one just like your's the same blue paint he ran M/SA in the 70's 289 2brl c4 would pull the frt wheels out of the hole I don't remember the times he ran

28. Rockape

Rockape

Here some from Australia, Hope theres no double ups.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Rockape

Rockape

30. falconeer

falconeer

Hey Gang,
    Just got my 63 Pocket Rocket back from Brian Morgan, a friend of mine who did a E-Z complete wiring kit. He wired from front to back and S#%*! canned everything that was under the dash. The wiring under the dash was so screwed up you couldn't tell what went where. When I would hit my high beams the garage door would open; when I hit my turn signals, the channels on the TV would change. Now that's what I call screwed up! Also, Installed a custom gauge panel that I made. Now everything is right. After the smoke-check, I was good to go. Here are some pics of wiring kit and instrument cluster.

Butch Evans
    Falconeer
    Thomasville, NC

Attached Files: