Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 Dodge modified project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garth slater, Jun 9, 2009.

1. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

I started mocking up my Hot rod project today! This is my first attempt so yeah I'm lame... I sat in it and pretended to drive it. :eek:

[​IMG]
    This is what I started with and decided to build a car around. It was kind of free as it was given to me by a guy who lost his job and needed free accomodation for a few weeks. so I took hot rod parts, I sold em all off and used the money to buy/shape what you see below. as you can tell buy the photoes I am kinda excited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will be channelled four inches over a dodge frame and run a dodge poly or LA motor and manual box.

Does anyone think i should cut a few inches out of the doors to make it smaller, I'm not sure about dimensions yet

2. Looks like a killer project. Make sure the body lines line up and your golden. I like the tiki in the background. (I am a tiki carver as well as a hotrodder) Cool body lines on the cowl.

3. cretin

cretin

If you don't sit in a new (or old for that matter) project and pretend to drive it, you aren't really a hot rodder!

If I was you, I would get the body mounted on the frame at ride height and get a look at the overall proportions before I started thinking about cutting down the doors.

Looks like a cool start, now get to work!

4. pajamers

pajamers

Awesome!! I love the body lines and the imaginary shifter.
    Hurry up and finish it!

5. Jamin

Jamin
    from Australia

Looks like a good start Garth, it'll look great on Dodge rails. Looks nice and roomy too.

6. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Looks like a killer start.

7. STUKA

STUKA

VERY COOL! I love those dodge cowls..

8. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Thanks everybody! I will wait till its mounted on frame to decide whether to cut it up more. I will post again when I get it steeled out further and properly weld those patches on and start mounting it

9. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

But why are you on the passenger side? :D

10. Nice little package you have there. Looks right.

11. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Not too many straight men would say that to another man. :D

12. Don't cut anything yet! You'll be glad later when you have to tackle the realities of real pedals, steering etc. Too many cars are built with apalling ergonomics in cars that have LOTS of room, so be grateful you've got some to work with.

That's one cool cowl though!

13. :eek: :eek:

14. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Yeah 29 dodge cowls are under appreciated resource, I know where there is another one for sale if anyone wants one I think he wants a coulple hundred bucks but it better than mine and comes with cool lookin windshield posts, I'm kinda bummed I didn't find it before I found this one

15. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Good start; now get busy!

16. COOL! NOW I WILL BE SEEING IT AT OUR CHOPPED SHOW, OCTOBER 2-3-4.
    you do have your work cut out for you. :D

17. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I like it...I've got a '20 Somethin' Dodge frame that I'm building a little speedster out of. I'm running the whole drivetrain from a '36 Olds, the Straight 8 and all...Not sure on what to run for a body..I know I want a wooden boattail of some sort.

18. striper

striper

Funny, my first thought when I saw the pic was how big it is and how lucky you are to have room in a modified. I know technically it should be small but I like it big and i reckon you will too.

How do I know?

19. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

your probably right I was sittin in a Model A RPU the other day thinkin that it wasn't too roomy. I ve got 95cm of body room after the cowl as opposed to about 85cm in my friends rpu and I think the cowl is deeper than an A as well.

I'm just paranoid it will look like one of those ungainly widened T buckets you see old guys sitting in/on top of with their knees at eye level. But looking at photoes I think I'll be sweet.

20. i like it. room is always good and good luck with the rego

21. This tells me you should also not get too excited about channeling either. Maybe set it on top of the frame and build a bellypan.

BTW I share your concern about the look you've described!

22. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne