Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 model a vs 55 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jville_hot_skater, Jun 8, 2009.

1. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

these are 2 of my favorite 3 classic cars that i always liked. i was just curious between the two, which ones you guys like the best? i want to know because i have the chance to buy either one at the same price (not saying what price) and i have no pics.

1931 ford model A coupe rumble seat, complete running fresh yellow paint with original motor ect. and is complete to the fenders. minimum rust

1955 chevy coupe primer grey 350 chevy engine with standard transmission. mimumum rust.

both are in good condition, what should i go for, and what do you think each is worth?

2. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

okay, the price there letting it go for is 9 each.
    whats up people, i need info

3. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

thats 9k each btw.

4. I think it's alot more important to figure which one you like the best and forget about what invisble members of a message board who aren't writing the check like. Since you're askin' though, i'll bite. The 55 hands down. Lots of room inside, more modern suspension & engine. In my mind a nicer ride to live with. The original motor in a model A is a deal killer for me (i'd want a V8) and A's are kinda tight inside. Others will feel different. In the end, buy what YOU like.

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Depends on what its intended use. Driver, show car, hot rod, etc.....I would prefer the '31 only because I prefer pre '41 cars.

6. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

yeah, i actually like the model A better...and i always thought it was more of a rare'r car that if i need the money i can get back what i put in it.
    but i also always' liked the 55 chevy to.
    2 of my favorites.
    thanks on the input...il see what other people got to say

7. pastlane

pastlane

These are 2 of my all time favorites also but I'd go for the 55. Is the deal better if you buy both? Can I have dibs if you pass on either?

8. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

ha, ya sure, what do you think each is worth? and are you will to make a drive up to North Carolina?

actually two different people selling em, i wish i had the money to buy both but my funds are limited to one.

9. belair

belair

10. cafekid

cafekid

9k for a stock model a ist verging top dollar especially for this economy...... unless you plan on keeping it stock you will be spending a lot of money to convert it. the 55 well they are like assholes seems everyone has them i personally would be torn but i probly would chose the 55 its cheap for a 55..... btw which model is the 55? 150 210 belair ? personalli love em all but id really like a 210 my .02

11. matt68396

matt68396
    from nc

look the avatar

12. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I would go with the 55 also.....

Good luck,
    Steve

13. jm36072

jm36072

Ya! I would go with the 55 also. Always a cool car, easy to get parts and will hold its value! The A is worth more as a nice rod and like somone said it would take a lot to get it there. But buy what YOU want because you know what you are going to like best!

14. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

i dont know what i like, i need to ask people on the net.... :rolleyes:

15. RClark

RClark

I like both.
    [​IMG]

16. red3

red3

17. 55driver

55driver

I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. Last April I did a 4 day 2300 mile road trip to Biletproof Fl. in my 55 by myself. Every few hours I was thinking to myself...damm this car rides nice...damm this feels good. I suppose an A could be built for road trips but I'll stick with my 55.

18. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Model A coupes and '55 chevys both suck, why would you want either one.

The blue '55 was scrapped about a year ago. Too far gone......

Just kidding they are both very cool cars!

Attached Files:

19. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

I could'nt stand that kind of decision, so I ended up with BOTH. Had the '55 for lotsa years and now the '30.

20. skwurl

skwurl

Model A. 55's are a dime a dozen

21. Jax2A

Jax2A

The A over the Chevy any day for me, but I'm not a big fan of the tri-five's. And of the three, I prefer the 56. Just a matter of taste though, nothing negative to say about the Chevy's.

22. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

buy-em both decide later;)

23. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

yeah...im really looking for a daily driver.

and i know a model A is more rare around these parts, and whenever i get extra money i can looking for another 55...they are a dime a dozen.

24. Buy the '55, PM me the sellers info on the model A. It's a win win situation...

see how easy that decision was...