Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 4,000 mile road trip in the Boogie Van from TX to NC to OH to GA to Giddings TX lo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotStockPhoto, May 22, 2009.

1. Here's a thought, If you plan far enough ahead, you might be able to document Rocco and Cheaters before it's gone forever.

2. sounds awesome. we will leaving on july 7 for our annual road trip in our o/t 69 econoline ( it's got a metal flake roof tho'). we'll be heading down the east coast (outer banks and whatnot)to orlando for 2 days, then up to atlanta then to the great smoke mountains. maybe our paths will cross. last year we drove the van to yellowstone when gas was $4.50 a gallon, but the 170 gets 20mpg. i travel with a stock of replacement parts and tools just incase. good luck and have fun.

Attached Files:

3. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Thats awesome man that would be funny if we wound up at the same gas station or something lol

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

My last dog, Jezebel, always wanted to drive. Nothing like a 90lb. Lab in your lap looking straight out the windshield, wanting to take the wheel.

Any chance that Kustom T Dogg can drive? If nothing else it would make a good picture before you crashed in a huge ball of flames. Ha Ha!

Have fun.

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Well I have added some craziness to my roadtrip I have decided to go to the national Corvair convention in Jacksonville FL for a couple of days before I head to Atlanta for the truck show.

Lets see how mad I make the 100 point concourse judges with the boogie van lol

6. Radirs...........$600
    Wide whites...$500
    Suede paint....$1500
    Pissing off the nit picky judges at a concourse car show..............PRICELESS!!

7. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

love that boogie van....
    damn that looks nice

see ya

8. racer756

racer756

Corvairs rule!!!
    Dont be surpried when you get an award.. The van is tough..

9. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Sounds like fun, wish I could do something like that.

well... at least I can do the Columbus, Ohio part of your trip....
    My shop is right across from the fairgrounds/Goodguys show, so it's a real short trip :)

10. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Well look for us I thing the van will be parked somewhere around the APG media booth

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey just secured our first stop on the trip I am leaving sunday the 28th of June, and will be stopping at Wheel Newstalgia(Chatanooga T.N) on Monday for the ten cent tour

12. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Uh.... Dude........It says Not Stock on the side of the van. If the judges walk up to it and get mad because it's not 100% original, it's not like they weren't warned. Don't sweat it. Some people realize the difference between original and cool. If that doesn't work, have Kustom T Dogg growl at them. You never know.

Have fun.

13. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

This is actually more of Kustom T's style of payback lol

[​IMG]

14. Hey, John,

I'm guessing that you'll stay in the western half of NC during your stay, right? Or are you trying to get to Fayettenam to shoot your buddy's bike? If you're staying west, my only hope of meeting you will be at HRW. I'm still trying to make it to Winston. Hope to see you there.

As for the bike....check your PMs.

15. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

sounds like a good time!

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

We are actually going to fayetville monday to shoot a bike inside a stripclub lol

17. Hey I am not sure what you do, but I hope to meet ya when you are at the Lawrenceville show. That is too close for me not to come out and see ya. Sounds like a cool trip. Have fun.

July 17th-19th Southeast Showdown Lawrenceville GA www.southeastshowdown.com

18. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Sounds fun Chicken! Check out the E.C.B.M. setup at the Southeast Showdown. One of us can put ya up if ya need, and we all have shops for any road trip repairs ya might need.

19. eliguzman

eliguzman

f^%k yeah!!!!!!!!!

20. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I have to cut my Pancho mustache tonight because my wild ride actually starts tomorrow with the pancho run pre-party

21. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Well on our way to pick up the van all it needed was a oilchange and a valve cover tightened down. Also picked up a spare belt and fuel pump for the trip. Cant wait to head out

22. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Any chance you can swing up to Denise's house and let Kustom T sit on her kitchen counter? She seemed kind of grossed out by your picture. Ha Ha.

Have fun.

Don't forget your camera.

23. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Well first leg of the tour is over 900 miles later I am sitting in a hotel in Chattanooga will be at wheel newstalgia in the a.m then heading to greenville s.c.

The trip has been pretty uneventful(I am not complaining lol) but I did get a bad battery in the hotel parking lot then had to walk a mile and back to get a new one. on the way back I got chased by a duck and a goose

24. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

off topic.. but whats the name of that paint on the boogie van? I dig it

25. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

The blue is all PPG paint the color is actually off of a kia compact car that has alot of metalic in it

26. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

27. JAFA

JAFA

C you in a couple weeks

28. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Hope you brought along an extra water pump and radiator hoses for that thing :p

29. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

HaHaHa I had a guy say he thought my van was leaking coolant once before, and I told him it was probably the only thing I could honestly say it wasnt leaking

I am in Lexington N.C now so if anyone knows of any shops or anything I should visit let me know

30. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Acro, good luck on the trip...bring some freakin rain back to houston when you come back....