Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Michigan 2009 Thank Yous

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Choptop

Choptop

First off... WOW... what a show! The weather was spectacular, in the 70's, lots of sun, and it didnt rain on the awards ceremony. I think thats a first.

Thanks to all that came. The show was easily the biggest and best yet in Michigan. The number and quality of cars was way up. Some amazing rides and lots of them.

Boomer and Terry worked their butts off to put on the show, as did the Nightmares, PeckerHeads and Poor Boys. Without their hard work all day the show wouldnt happen. But it ran smooth, even though we had a lONG back up at the gate, it wasnt for any hickups at registration, it was just that we had that many cars entering the show. We knew we had to park everyone pretty tight, and not allow any "...can I save 10 spots for my friends?" type of stuff, and we thank ya'll for our understanding.

The show overflowed into the race track arena for the first time... and next year will be even bigger... We will put the show in the back of the fairgrounds next year... so everyone can be on the grass and there will be LOTS of room. You will have walk a little way to see the burnout contest, but the show has grown so big thats really the way we need to do it.

There are few things we can do better, and they've been noted. We'll fix what we can to ensure everyone can have a good time.

Thanks to the pinstripers and the Model car show for putting on a great show in the pavilion. The bands rocked! There was plenty to keep eveyone entertained for more than a day.

I'm pretty humbled when people thank me for putting on the show, or tell me they take vacation and travel a long way to just to come to Billetproof. I'm just some schmoe that couldnt stop playing with hot rods and finally found a way to justify doing it all day long, every day. Ya'll really make it all possible, and you do a great job. Keep it up!

I cant wait for next year already.

2. Choptop

Choptop

I'll have pics of the award winners and a list of names in a day or so. All very deserving rides...

not the least of which was best of show. Brandon Hibdon and his amazing Shoebox custom really captured what Billetproof is all about.. doing it yourself, putting in the time and labor to make your ride something to be proud of, and then driving the snot out of it. There were rides thre with more uber rare speed parts, or fancier paint, interior... or whatever... but this year Best of Show is all about capturing the real spirit of Billetproof... and Brandon and his ride were the best example of that.

Congrats Brandon.

I'll have the pics and the complete list up asap.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks to you for hosting such a great show. Last year we pushed Court's truck in, this year he drove it in. He's going to get his patches sewn on his jacket soon!

4. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Choptop, you've got a GREAT team in place for the Detroit show & I want to "tip my hat" to the Boomer, Terry, & Tim for the great job.

Seeya next year!

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

How many total entries? Court's truck was like 451 or something like that.

6. Choptop

Choptop

Big thanks to Tim and Roger for the bitchin trophies !!

will have total car count late Monday.

7. One of the coolest things for me was walking around with Mick Gaydos and runnig into one of his dads old freinds that had to be in his 70's and seeing the smile on his face and hearing him say this is what it's all about right here boys, you could see he was moved by his time at billetproof. That same type of comment came over and over again from some of the older guys that get it. I think some of the old timers know the hobby will be cared for when they see the people and cars at shows like this. What a great day.

8. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Thanks again, The show is great can't wait again for next year, And you were so dead on about Brandons 50 box, he does it every day and that was his daily driver for a long time, On behalf of The Road Devils of Detroit we greatly appreciate you keeping this show going ...

9. jdubbya

jdubbya

Good times for sure, the show has grown by leaps and bounds!
    Keep up the great work!

10. Ole Reliable

Ole Reliable

Honestly this show is the highlight of our summer with our wagon. I have been to every one and had the car in a couple (last year it broke down on the way)
    I had to trade the day at work to get it off, I just couldn't miss it.
    Thanks for a great show, the huge effort on everyone's part does not go un noticed.

11. lowongas

lowongas

This was my first Billetproof show I have been to and all I can say its WOW..!! I had the greatest time of my life...( well except when I got divorced..) and saw SO MANY cool cars and met so many awesome people..!! The weather was GREAT,and now I REALLY do have a RED NECK..:D.I think everyone worked so hard to put on the show and show others for the first time that cars shows ARE the place to be.Thanks everyone....LARRY, DARN IT,start making those large SINGLEFINGER poster that you have on the side of your disply...!!!! I have a space already in the garage..!!

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, me too. Big show. Lots to see and enjoy, not the least of which is the people. Scored a big smile for my 54 AD pickup project too. Nice lil bonus for the day. Major props to the Singlefinger crew. You guys are sumthin else. Looking forward to being there with a car next year, I think.

13. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Alan,
    Thanks for another great show. I've been to every one and must say this just wasn't the biggest .... it was also the best. I can see why Kirk chose you to take care of and nurture his baby.

14. VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE

VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE
    from Michigan

The show is by far the best I have been to ! Keep up the great work!!
    Is nice to go to a show that is a great social event also! I told my son I dont care if we push my Stude truck, it will be there next year!

Thanks again,
    Jerry

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Another great on goes into the record books. I've been to all of the Michigan Billetproof shows and they just keep getting better. I can hardly believe how big it has gotten from tne almost initimate one that was the first. Kirk "did good" when he passed the reigns off to Allen. BTW, one of these years I'm GOING to meet "the man", I think he is trying to avoid meeting me. Probably advanced notice concerning my award winning personality.:rolleyes::eek::D

Frank

16. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Hey Alan... I'm one of the NIGHTMARES that worked the show, and I have to say that Billetproof is an amazing show.
    Every year gets bigger and better. I tell everybody I know that's into cars that they have to come check it out.

I was excited to be a part of it!
    Plus, by working the gate, I got to see all of the cars as they drove by me, so I didn't have to walk around on my gimpy legs to see everything!:eek:

But, a question that I heard asked by pretty much everyone that worked the show, as well as a lot of spectators was:

"Why in the hell would they start this show so early?!? It's on a Saturday, why not start it at noon or so and run it 'til dusk???"

Anyway, thanks for letting the NIGHTMARES be a part of Billetproof, and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help this show grow.

Steve

17. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Thanks to all the volunteers! I can't say enough good stuff about you guys & gals!

Since it takes forever for us to breakdown the display, all I can say about that time suggestion: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I could see pushing the awards back an hour or so, because the crowd bolts right after the presentation.

Thanks for a great show folks.

18. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Thanks for another awesome show. I had a great day. Thanks to all the volunteers for all their hard work.

Looking forward to next years show:D

19. Thanks for helping make the show great. This is the first year I can say I had a hard time trying to see EVERYTHING! And thanks to Singlefinger for hosint another HAMB meet (sorry if my buddy got a bit out of hand).

20. StylinP

StylinP
    from Ohio

This was my first Billetproof. I rode up from NW OH and hitched a lift in a fellow HAMBer's bucket.

I plan on coming back next year for sure! GREAT SHOW! Nice work!

21. HOTRODDORK

HOTRODDORK
    from Michigan

Thanks to everyone who helped put on this show, it was our first time and it was great! I scored some awesome deals at the swap meet too! The only thing I didn't do was the meet n greet I forgot all about it having too much fun:D maybe next year!

22. FordOttoCo

FordOttoCo
    from Ontario

Just got home from Michigan, Billetproof was awesome. First time attending this show but by far the best I have ever been to. The cars and people were incredible. Good swap meet deals too. Thanks for all the hard work and look forward to next year.

23. Choptop

Choptop

I'll echo the thoughts that this was not only the biggest Billetproof Detroit yet... but the quality of cars in attendance was the best so far. Its been fun to see some of the cars evolve over the years. There were many new projects, there were many "unfinished" cars that are indeed finished... and the quality was overall up in every way. Thanks for your hard work on your rides.

The swap meet ruled... thats not by any doing of my own, its just that the show has reached a critical mass and more vendors with a larger selection of rusty parts have started to show up. COOL.

We're already working on a few things to make the show better next year. :D

24. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

There were a ton of vendors. May I suggest you put THEM in the overflow area and put more cars together?

25. Choptop

Choptop

actually next year we are going to move the show into the spectator parking area, and the spectators into the old show grounds (dirt).

if you've ever been back there... its all grass, lots of trees, LOTS of room for everyone. :D

none of the vendors would want to be in the fenced off arena away from the show crowd.

26. charliek

charliek

It was a great show I had a real good time. My 8 year old daughter is already planning for next year

27. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

this was an amazing show i went 2 years ago.... but this year i had 2 cars in it. the people were great. the staff was excellent in getting us in and parked(one car in one spot and another in the singlefinger display) we couldnt have asked for more polite-ness. the panel jam rocked! the swapmeet was great and the bands kick'd ...! i, like others, owe you guys that put it on many kudo's and a drink or two! thanks again for a great time, george, (orange crush'd truck)

28. To Alan and ALL of the people who helped put on what has become the premier show of the summer in Michigan a very heartfelt THANK YOU!!!!!

I would also like to thank all those who posted their pictures as that is the ONLY way I will get to see the show.I spent virtually all my time in the Pinstriper's pavilion painting.I did get to see a lot of old friends and meet some new ones as well which is the best part for me.Some of them I only get to see once a year.

Oh yes I almost forgot:I hope the girl who conned me out of the pink panties on the Billetproof Babe enjoys them.

See you all next year!

29. Now Ray you make is sound as if it was hard to do.... I was there I saw it. All she had to do was smile and bat her eyes and they were hers! ( oh ya and avoid Jan).

Tim