Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the worst hotrod thing you've had stolen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ltex old iron, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

may be a thread already but here it is

what all have you guys had stolen from you and whats the worst ...ive had several parts..a 33 ford car grill was one of my latest things taken from me..a 37 ford truck grill..a t bucket body..and worst of all i just had a 29 model a chopped channeled slammed radical small car with 630 hp!! stolen from my garage....even worse i had a buddy staying at my house while i was out of town and this happened..he said he even saw a tow truck driving while he was walking the dog with a hot rod on the back..but didnt realize it was mine until he got home!!!

what a dumbass but anyways what are yalls stories and what did yall do about it...

oh and by the way my sedan found its way back home to with alot of hassle...

2. I have so much shit I'd think I forgot where I put something if someone stole it.

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

if i had that much shit stolen id be a mental case.you need more security or at least another dog to watch your shit while the others walking.someone stole a bunch of shit off my car at a show while they were handing out plastic ego momentos.last car show for me.

4. thunderplex

thunderplex

...I had my 1956 Ford Mainline stolen while in high school. The thiefs got in the car, pushed it down the hill and stripped it. A security guard caught them in the act and scared them off. I saw my steering wheel on another car but didn't know if he was the thief or bought it from the thief.

...I bought a complete 1956 Ford Town Sedan with factory air conditioning (a parts car at best) and it was kept outside behind my shop. I sold the car to a guy in Sweden. He put a down payment on the car, came to my home to see the car and we discovery that a very expensive air conditioning pulley had been "taken off" of the car. So, I had to deduct $600.00 bucks from the cost of the car. An aquaintance had asked me to sell him the pulley but I wanted to sell the whole car and keep the system intact (easier to sell). For some "strange coincidence" he never asked to buy the pulley again. I guess he "found/bought" a pulley elsewhere because after my loss he had one on his car. I had no proof that he had stolen it, just a shitload of suspicion, but I kept my expensive parts inside after that.

...nothing worse than a thief, especially the ones that you know.

my $.02, or is it $.04?

5. belair

belair

My cherry 48k 51 Buick 2-door last year.

6. von zipper

von zipper

Had a set of TRX wheels from my Mustang GT swiped from behind my garage. And when I was in drivers ed, had the shifter and derailer taken off my krate bike!.......BASTARDS!!!

7. I think I would be packing up and moving as far away from Lubbock, Texas as possible with the added bonus of making new, smarter friends!

8. ruquik

ruquik

I had my 5 year old Mercury stolen off my 14' boat. I had just got it running absolutely perfect and put a new prop on it, had it running 30 mph with one person. Sure its not a car but is was my aqua hot rod.

GTI likes this.
  9. spooler41

spooler41

About 10 years ago, someone backed a Dodge P/U into my shop doors. that knocked the doors down, they managed to get the top box off my rollaway, about $3000.00 worth of tools plus the MAC box. the only thing that saved the bottom box was the flatened remains of the door, it was to heavy to drag over the door pile.
    This happened about 7:30 pm, I was there before 7:45 because my neighbor chased them off then called me. The second worst thing was it took untill almost 2:00am to pick up the pieces and rebuild the doors.
    I never did recover any thing,or identifiy the perps.

...........Jack

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My sanity...because of this Hot Rod thing:D

honestly tho..I had my house broke into while living in Detroit..
    Guitars stolen, amps, tools, TV, VCR, alot of small stuff..it really sucks to have your home invaded..leaves you feeling violated.
    I realized that it was the renter I had above me..because they broke down a common door for us to use the laundry facilities..(stupid Theif)..
    I busted their ass, with the help of some of my H.D. riding friends at that time, and told them to return my shit or i would make their life miserable..I got my stuff back..and i still made their life miserable..6 months later thay were all taken to jail..for drug dealing and some that were living there were wanted by the FBI.

I dont give the theif much to hope for..I'll shoot the bastards.or fuck with them relentlessly .i feel its my duty..and my privilege .:D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  11. RAY With

RAY With

Worst I had was in 1968. I had a special ordered 1968 Holman Moody Torino and was all decked out. I had it long enough to put about 3,000 miles on it and went out one morning and opened the shop and it was gone. Never saw it or any part of it and needless to say I was totaly pissed off and after all these years still get pissed when I think about it.

12. Had a real nice set of US mags that I just had polished up and sitting in the shop. A former "friend" came by and was looking at a set of different wheels I had for sale. A couple of days later, I look and find the polished wheels were gone. I called my "friend" and he claimed ignorance, naturally. Lo and behold, the following week I just happened to visit his shop (he was not there) and saw my wheels! After checking for a mark I had left on all four wheels and confirming they were mine, I took them right back! The dude has the gall to call me later and ask about "his wheels"! I just hung up on him and let it go. Surprisingly, I never heard from that bastard again.

I ordered a factory AM/FM radio for my Coronet back in 1982. Sent the guy the $125.00 (a ton of $$ for me then!) and never saw the radio, or my money. Guy advertised in Hemming's for years. I bitched and moaned to the ad guys at HMN. They did end up dropping the guy later on. It was a place in Ravenna, Ohio that restored car radios.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  13. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

A few years ago I had my 68 GS stolen from where it was stored.I was lucky and had it recovered the same day.Of coarse it had about 3 grand worth of damage on it.The worst part was that they found a girl in it,but couldn't charge with anything because she was in the passenger seat.I guess she was waiting for the driver to come back from selling my stereo.

Attached Files:

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So far so good except for a few tools out of the back of the truck and a Hellings and Stellings air cleaner way back in the 60's that was stolen off my 55 Buick the same evening after I had fixed the hood hinge in the shop at trade school. For several months before that the hood would jump out and knock someone on their ass when they opened it and didn't know about it. Should have left it alone.

For a while around here there was a tow truck driver in cahoots with one of the local city officials who was towing "derelict" cars out of peoples driveways in town. The only thing was that the cars he towed were always car guy/gal type cars and not hulks. That went on for a few months until he towed the wrong guys car and all hell broke loose. My buddy got his car back very quickly after his dad raised hell down town.

15. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

Ive been pretty lucky so far- Ive only had money stolen. I used to buy alot of radios on ebay and I won an auction from some guy in Alabama for an AM/FM 69 camaro radio (At the time they were crazy expensive) for a good deal. The guy then ffered up a second one at he same price. I agreed and sent the money but never got the radios. I called the local cops in his town who said "Yeah we know that guy" they went and talked to him and he claimed he sent it with the USPS and didnt have a tracking number. The cop said he "Sounded Sincere" so there was nothign he could do.

Not only was I out alot of money, but I could have made alot on them too reselling on ebay. Oh well.

16. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

My first 57 Chev. was stolen while I was attending night school at LACC in '64. It was stolen by key (1st clue). When snatched I called my Best Bud to pick me up and help look for it, he was not home. He had to be at work at 6AM and was always asleep at that time(2nd clue). The car was found stripped of its tuck and roll,SW guages, Vette steering wheel and tools. The hood was chained and locked so nothing on the motor was missing, however 3 lobes on the cam were rounded. My Best Bud had a friend who he worked with at Disney Studios who just happened to have a 57(3rd clue) in need of refreshment . The car was found at 29th and Virgina Rd. in L.A., 2 blocks from Best Bud's friend's house (4th clue). I had loaned my Best Bud the car several times and he had plenty of time to make keys for it. I confronted both of them but never able to prove it. Best Bud has since gone to the Theological Place Of Eternal Punishment from Cancer...KARMA

17. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

ive had some ebay scamming done to me also...you idaho guys dont mess with a guy named kevin bailey from idaho and he owns a business called little antique shop...hes a worthless thieving piece of shit!!

excuse my language but yall feel me im sure......

18. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

virginity and oh, it was terrible, just terrible.....:(

19. art.resi

art.resi

Came out of my house one morning in 1966 and saw my 50 f1 rear sitting
    on cc blocks. Went down to the parts mart in santa clara and there they were
    for sale. Went down to the police station and they came and the guy who
    sold the wheels left their dl# Well I got my 10 inch real magnesium hallibrands
    back and the thives went to court. They actually came back to my house
    and beged my girlfriend to talk me into dropping the charges. I didn't. Actually
    traded the f1 for a 426 hemi out of a awb 64 dodge before I found the wheels.
    Could of had the car for cheap at the time but this is a differant topic. Well
    here is more. The awb car was a 64 dodge factory car and was last ran by Jungle
    Jim lieberman at Fremont in ca. He later had it in a 64 chevy 2. There used to
    be 3 or 4 of those awb mopars running at Fremont in 64. I put the motor in a
    v-drive flatbottom. Darn fast boat.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  20. Here is a good story.

5 years ago I was buying some OT parts from a local guy who I knew. I saw that he had a set of big'n littles in the corner, and inquired about 'em. "Oh they are not for sale I just got them..."

I looked them over real good and realized that they were stolen from a friend. Only way I know was that the rear rims were a set I had sold to a friend, they have a name scribed into them on the inside.

I confronted the guy, he got nervous, I picked them up and dropped them off at my friend's house. Not sure if the local ripped them off at the track but something like that happened.

21. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Man, Texas is full of thieves?!?!?!?! Im never too far away from my shit...Jersey whits I guess....sleep with one eye open.

22. Had a NOS Offenhauser adapter to put a Lasaille transmission behind a long bell Hemi disappear before I ever got it...seems UPS managed to lose it. That was last year and I still haven't seen any of my money back on that deal :(

23. My friend and mentor Larry had spent 10 yrs building a 32 ford p/u.When I came into the picture .We spent another two yrs on it,it was chopped channeld painted yellow,it had six two bbl strombergs on it,chrome pipes(it had it all)the sound it made going down the road was quite unique when that 12 pack opend up.Being my first hotrod I ever worked on it'll always have a special place in my heart.Larry's "friend" had just wrecked his new vette and offerd to trade larry ,an even swap,I was very mad he traded but conceled my disapointment in him, it was a nice car but 12yrs of sweat wasnt worth it.after making the repairs to the vette larry went to put it on the road,turns out the car was stolen ,he lost both cars and his dream hes never been the same and never built another rod just runs his bodyshop like its just another job,not me though I love my work and cant imagine doing anything else.To bad for larry he might have been another Chip Foose ,he was so talented we called him "the wizard".All this happend a long long time ago(thirty yrs)I've never forgot this lesson.Dont let anybody stop you from building and keeping your dream.The thieft of a dream is the worst kind of crime far worst than even stealing a mans tools of the trade. GET THE ROPE!!!!!!!!

grifcarnut likes this.
  24. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

All four of my Sun gauges that were in chrome cups mounted to the top of the dash. Thievin bastards.

25. I had to get rid of my 57 chevy I had for twenty yrs ,my first hotrod 327 375hp vette motor I had kids and my mom sold her house ,nowhere to put it.Some basterd stole it for 500.00 no motor or tranny though. :p

26. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

A lot of meth around Dallas and East Texas (it seems everywhere). They steal anything and everything. There is a salvage yard with a no trespassing sign out front of it about a mile and a half from where I live. Of course it is a front for a meth lab. I figure if I get broken into I'm going there first.

27. rixrex

rixrex

I had some jerks steal the whole backseat out of my 64 Riviera just to get the speaker, thats after putting a crowbar dent in my dash trying to pry out my stereo!....

28. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Man, Have i been lucky, the only thing I have ever had stolen from a car was a set of those hex shaped valve stem caps!!! That pissed me right off, I can't Imagine getting ripped off like some of these posts!!! :eek:

29. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

That's what I was gonna say. But honestly, I've lost my sanity because of everything besides hot rods.

30. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

I have had that taken a couple of times:rolleyes: