Register now to get rid of these ads!

WARNING These pictures might make a grown man cry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SWIGJ, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I've driven cars in worse shape. Actually, I'd love the wheels & tires off the 56 in the first pic.

Shame about these cars.

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I NEED the contact info- the pontiac in the first batch has everything I need to put my buddies back together again.

3. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

brings back bad memories for me. my dad died in his street rod 10 years ago and his 37 look much like the ones pictured. i cant bare to look at them to this day.
    hopefully you can replace a car or part of one but you cant replace a life.i hope these
    cars did not have the same ending as did my dads...................

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

looks like some good parts cars

5. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Looks like my yard of 'fixables'
    one day they'll all be running:D

6. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

wonder why the owner of that t-bird in the first batch didn't buy that car back from the ins. and repair it? don't look that bad to me, all the major damage is above the frame rail, even so, looks like an easy fix, just sayin'. cryin' shame though.

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

oh man...hand me a box of those hankies....sniffle sniffle....

8. papastoyss

papastoyss

We buy & rebuild wrecks as part of our business. A few years back the Knoxville salvage auction listed a 34 Ford coupe. I went to the sale & it was a Street Beast glass kit that was wrecked in the front hard & had been on fire also.Someone paid around 12K for it. There wasn't 3 K worth of parts there.Better them than me. I did buy a 40 deluxe coupe from another salvage auction that I rebuilt & drove for several years. Only rod I've ever regretted selling.

9. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

I'm gonna tell myself those were taken in 1964. Still a bummer but I'll be able to sleep tonight.

10. RAY With

RAY With

The old chev and T bird look more than fixable to me. I am sure they will save those but the 55 chev is wasted. It looked like it was a super car at one time-Now I will go cry in my closet.

11. luis.garza

luis.garza

Same over here in Deep South Texas. :mad:

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Have those cars already been through the auctions and sold as I know someone who could use that 62 pontiac.

13. ....or a lot of insurance scams.

14. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I want that 56 Ford in the center, if only it was closer and it brought somewhere close to scrap price.

15. zzford

zzford

Makes me wonder... How many of those burned cars were "torched" for the insurance money?

16. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

None of the cars are sold yet. The 62 pontiac is in New York

17. I used to try to buy the wrecked classics from Copart.

They always got bid up way too high to make it worth while. Probably alot of people bidding that don't really know what they are doing, and they get fooled by the "value" that copart says it is worth.

18. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

see thats what happens when you let your girlfriend/wife drive your car

19. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

found a few more

Attached Files:

20. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

When I go into somebody's dashboard on a gremlin hunt I keep all the wire I remove and then lay it end to end.

Record holder is a LeMans with a little over 150 feet of unused wire. The average glitch-mobile is closer to 15 feet, but they all involve several live wires with bare ends.

Many of these cars were built by "experienced" guys but wiring is like some kind of foreign language. They never remove, only add. Never replace known bad wire either, only bypass

The only thing that suprises me is more old cars don't burn.

Cool thread

21. i got a 350 chevy from a 70 chevy truck that a guy got killed in. he ran into a gargarail head on and it went through his chest, the truck was fucked up bad. i pulled the motor and rebilt it. it was the best small block iever had ran like a raped ape

22. After the 1999 F-5 twister came through OkC, I was out at a junkyard south of Norman. I came across a pearl white, candy flamed model A truck fender, twisted up. Eventually I found a model A axle , it was bent in ways I didn't even know a beam axle could twist without heat! Then it dawned on me all the other pearl white and candy flamed sheetmetal was what was also left of the truck, a highly customized 70's show truck. That was a shame.

23. that yellow one shure shows that you dont want to in a plastic car in a accident.

24. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Well, the front bumper assembly on the burned 61 'vette looks rechromeable yet. ;) I dunno if anything else worth a hoot. That's a lot of heat towards the middle of the car.

25. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I had that book lost it now but its a cool book

26. Scorch67

Scorch67
    from Omaha, Ne

When your cruising down the road and smoke comes billowing from under the dash resist the panicky urge to reach under there and yank out the burning wires without gloves...

27. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

no big loss on the yellow tupperware car.

28. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Boo boo - man sorry to hear about your dad.It sounds like he enjoyed his street rods.That is cool that you are on the H.A.M.B and still have interest in the rods.

29. The yellow 37 is a 'famous' Posies built car from the 90's I think... lot of press on that one.

30. Hey!
    I know this guy that can do magic with a port-a-power and a hammer and dolly.