Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Detroit Meet & Greet Info and Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 27, 2009.

1. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Does that really need an answer????:D:D:D:D

2. cooljunk

cooljunk

Bummer! Going to the gasser reunion, hate to miss billetproof.

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Count me in following with the northern crowd.

4. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

I can't be there... I sort of had to choose between the Autorama and this, but all the Gearhead merch (and plenty of copies of the new issue) will be there in the Acme Merchantile booth. Have fun everybody, I'll definitely try to check it out in person next year.

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Just found our NOT REGISTERED papers. My dad sent it to Court but Court was supposed to send it in! Oops. I didn't follow up. Looks like Court gets to cough up the extra $5 at the gate!!

Spent $150 today and got his windshield gasket, 47-53 tail lights (will be on it for now until the bodywork is done) and a slew of other stuff from Bill Wales in Carleton. Great guy to deal with if anyone needs AD Chevy parts (other years as well but I don't need those!)

I hope to get the glass changed this weekend, the seat mounted, and some wiring cleaned up. Haven't done much since it was at Frank's earlier this year other than some minor stuff. It will be road legal soon, though. And if I weren't cut to 4 day weeks and 20% pay reduction, maybe a plate!

6. Lucky77

Lucky77

I'll be there as part of the volunteer crew with several of my Nightmare brethren. That puts me leaving Bay City around 4:30 am. My neighbors are really going to hate me:D

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Scott, just use 2 carbs, not 6 when you leave! It will only be 1/3 as loud!!!

8. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

And Scott, we are DRIVING Court's truck in! No pushing this year.

9. Lucky77

Lucky77

Cool, good luck! Unfortunately I'll only be using one carb. Turns out you can't use stock throttle shafts, even the longer ones on a multi-carb setup. So that whole mess has to come apart again and the weather was getting too nice so I just put the old setup back on there.

10. foxcustom

foxcustom
    from Detroit,MI

I'll be there in the taildraggin' Chebby trokita....

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

So, who's meeting us at the gas station between 8 and 8:30 for the caravan in?

12. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Pete,
    I'm meeting up with Frank and the rest of the Bay City crew at 7:15 at the intersection of M15 and M81. We will be going down 15 to Grange Hall Hill Rd. That should put us there about 8:15. There will probably be 7 or 8 cars.

13. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

I'll be there with my van full of parts for the swapmeet area.Had a great time there the last 2 years!!

14. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

change of plans, i gotta work a 10 hour shift 8-6, see you all at Woodward!

15. I'm a first-timer headed down in my '34 Hudson.
    Hoping to meet up with Fuel Pump and the Bay City crew somewhere around M15 and M46.

Attached Files:

16. Yesterday the weather was for light clouds, now its for light showers. I'll be there with the track roadster, rain or shine. My pal Phil with his Stude powered '28 on '32 rails and I will be leaving Muskegon around 7 - so see you guys between 10 and 11.

Charlie

17. I just checked the weather channel. 72 and cloudy with a UV index of 8. Should be a good day. Not cooking in the field for a change sounds nice

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, I just checked as well and they've changed the forecast since earlier yesterday. Mostly cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain, high of 72, it's going to be a perfect day for a car event in Michigan.

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hope it's sunny....gotta see the flake.

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm going to miss Billetproof but will be on Woodward later that night (look for Big Olds and/or a 1951 Nash). I'm coming to town to help out with the Orphan Car Show in Ypsi Sunday.

21. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Flathead Pete, you outta bring your car also....heh...heh

22. Rod_n_Hudson

Rod_n_Hudson
    from Michigan

Ill be at the Orphan show too. Cant miss the Hudson Feature. I heard 35 registered Hudsons. Nice.....

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Basicly info for out of towners.
    I've gotten few PM's so I'll put it out there for all. There's a group that will be cruzn Woodward Ave after Billetproof. Gonna hit the Red Coat Tavern for burgers for dinner. The place gets kinda crowded on a Saturday night so when you get there put your name on the list and enjoy the cruzn action outside while you wait for your table. Trust me, it's worth the wait for one of their burgers.

There is alot of parking right on Woodward between the Red Coat Tavern and the Shell Station and as you will see the Shell Station allows parking and hanging out. Please don't block the pumps and if you need fuel or snacks and beverages, please get them there and support the owner who supports cruzn and hanging out.

The area we are talking about is at 13 1/2 Mile. Also, for those that like ice cream and custard there is a wonderful place at 14 Mile Rd on the east side of the street.

Being that it's going to be a nice night the police will be out. Please be careful if you're going to partake in an adult beverage in the Shell Station parking lot. There is an alley that runs behind all these businesses and the police like to walk thru that alley then into the parking lot and catch folks off guard. You will get a ticket for open intoxicants.

There is also a two story sports type bar across the street called Duggans. Decent bar type food. Cruzn and hanging out is supported by this establishment as well.

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

...so you can get best flake with it? he he he

25. limeMerc

limeMerc
    from clio mi

mercdave will be at the gas-n-go with mikey in tow

26. Choptop

Choptop

I'll be there too. Been wanting to make it to the Orphan show for some time... now they are on the same weekend... I'm stoked.

27. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

IF it rains.....PARTYS in the VAN !!!!

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

As long as you park it down by the river I'm there! :D

29. 356Tom

356Tom

We will be where the put the vendors..... we have some goboxes that are under license with Chevrolet and Ford..... can be used for organizing cleaning supplies, tools... or what have you.

Pictures of the regular Chevrolet Bowtie and Ford Blue Oval can be seen at: http://www.project356.com/pump/gobox/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009