Register now to get rid of these ads!

The little one's wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket Sled, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

Well my Daughter had been complaining about walking so much during car shows, She's 5 what do you expect:rolleyes:, so after getting some inspiration from here i grabbed an old radio flyer that was destined for the scrap yard and worked it over a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear fenders are old baby buggy fenders of unknown type

[​IMG]

The steering links are old lawnmower parts, the axle is just bent pipe, the spindles are bent plate and i retained the ball for the handle to keep it looking a little factory.

[​IMG]

and here is the chassis before i assembled it. really simple and fairly light.

[​IMG]

I had a very tiny budget (read none!) so with a grand total of $8 on it i think I did pretty good. :D

Eventually I'll repaint the wagon tub and get new wheels but for now she'll be crusin the shows in style:cool:

2. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Even seems to have patina! looks good.I'm sure she will enjoy it.

3. Guess what MY grandaughter is getting for her birthday!:D Dude! thats an inspiration! Gotta love a lowered wagon with a dropped axle.

4. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

5. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

Thanks guys! she loves it and is already telling me how she wants to modify it! LOL!:p

It does have a nice patina. It's been outside for a long time and for now i like it.

6. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

Pretty neat but how about a small bucket seat too? How would you like to ride around all day with your legs straight out and nothing to rest your back against?? ;-)

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Very cool, now I have to build one for my nephew, I'm sure his mom will be thrilled :) muwahahahaha

8. Paul_G

Paul_G

I thought the same thing. But I like it, really nice of you to make it for your daughter.

9. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

I know, and i wanted to make a back for it but i was pressed for time to get it done before we left for vacation so we could take it with us. i'll take care of it after we get back from the beach.

10. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

Well the other week we were on vacation to Ocean City New Jersey and brought the wagon along. i tell you what not only did my daughter love it i couldn't believe how may people commented on it! I had people stopping and asking about it, giving me the thumbs-up, I can't remember how many times i heard "wow check out the low rider wagon!" and people were snapping pictures all over the place! we all loved it and it pulled real nice and smooth.

My nephew especially loved it and wouldn't stop pulling it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eventually we had to just put him in and walk

[​IMG]

him and my daughter fit nicely in it

[​IMG]

pulled them around all week and the lack of a back was never a problem

[​IMG]

There was nothing that could wipe the smile off her face every time we took it out!:)

I had so much fun with this one that i found another wagon and soon i'll have a pair;)

11. Did you get some Kohr Bros?

I took my youngest son to Ocean City a few weeks ago- went to the amusements at 7th St and found out that the carousel had the ring pull again (last time I remember pulling a ring was when I was about 6... 1973)- brought back lots of memories- especially when we got the brass ring!

12. belair

belair

Just don't call it a rat wagon.

13. Paul_G

Paul_G

Will the second one be "donated" to your nephew?

14. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

Oh yah! we always get some there!

You're talking about Wonderland park right? you know we were in the about a dozen time over the week and didn't once ride the carousel. I never noticed they had the ring grab back up again. I'll need to check that out next year.

Trust me, you'll never here me call it that!:mad:

Lets just say he will probably be getting an early birthday present;)

15. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Very kool little red wagon:cool:

16. hotsilver

hotsilver
    from Florida

That thing is sweet, nice job... I need to finish mine!!!!!!

17. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

18. sloppy-ollies

sloppy-ollies
    from Jersey

i'm assuming you bent the pipe you used for the front axle with a torch to get it hot. was it difficult to keep the bends symetrical and square?

19. TikiBoi13

TikiBoi13
    from San Pedro

Thats bad ass, doesn't need to be one of the crazy expensive ones. I like it looks cool as hell. The wheels are turning for my kids, thanks for the ideas and build.

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

I would not mind having a bigger one so someone could drag me around all the car shows.