Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 86 yr old guy shows his collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostinthe60s, Mar 8, 2009.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I always find these kind of things depressing....all that great stuff turning to shit and they won't sell it to someone who wants to get it back on the road...."gona restore it some day".........................Bovine Manure! ;)

2. someone should tell jim that hes a legend here on the hamb! whata great guy. hope hes still around.

3. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Top 5 post so far in 2009.

Legend.

4. skidsteer

skidsteer

He needs an apprentice, someone willing to pay him to show you around, explain the history of everything there, and then you carry on after he is gone. Maybe a young guy, say in his 60's? (I'll qualify, in only 3 short months)

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i want to hang out with that guy...

6. wow what a collection of cars ,trucks and bike,s but does any one know what he did for a job ??

7. Kinda OT. I just put my folks in a nursing home. Dad is 87 and mom is 84. My father like me has collected a lot of junk treasures ect. Now that i have to dispose of his property to pay for their care about$ 7000.00 a month. I have a whole different prespective about things. Did they really own their farm and stuff or did it own them. I think that it owned them. They struggled to stay out of debt. Never went on vacation. Kept up a small herd of cattle with their social security check. They where afraid to leave the farm. They could should have sold it and lived comfortable the last 25 years.Now the DHS will attach their land and property and their will be nothing left for the heirs. Im Ok with that. That is good in that their wont be anything left to fight over when they are gone. My wife and i have decided that we dont want to be owned buy a bunch of Cars junk and other possessions. I will turn 62 in a few years I fully intend to turn my 300 or so cars into cash by then. Me and my wife will spend it ourselves. Probably will end up crushing most of them. Tried to sell some on EBAY no reserve starting bid less than local scrap price of $5 per hundred. Not one single bid. Thought about a auction but the auctioner wants 20%. Would make more by crushing. Might just try to sell the whole kit and kabootle House land cars for one lump sum. But i am through buying any more cars trucks tractors until i get what i already have taken care of. Dont want to leave my sons a mess like dad has left me. OldWolf

8. Come to my place bring cash. OldWolf

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

With my Parents health turning downward, I recently bought their house from them for a fair price. Now I'm renting it back to them for only several hundred a month (what I absolutely need for them to contribute to the mortgage payments I've taken on as I have my own mortgage too) in a life long rental agreement I wrote to them. Their "rent" is a third of what their mortgage was, so they can now afford to travel, go on cruises and enjoy their senior years together.
    Had they sold the house, their rent for an apt. would have been darn near as much as their old motgage was. They get to live the rest of their lives comfortably in the house they worked hard for and if the time comes where they end up in the long term care home, the state/health care folks won't be able to attach their home.

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

11. CShroom

CShroom

Man, I really would love to hear longer versions of that video justacarguy has. Anyone willing to host him?

12. James427

James427
    BANNED

Some day soon it looks like.

13. gotra66

gotra66

I wish i know him. Listening to the stories of old timers is great. They could do and get away with so much more then. Fewer laws and regs to limit a person. His collection is really nice. I know I'll have some crap to go through when my dad goes, but most of his stuff is old stock car stuff. Not the good kind. He had two 80's and 90's chassis modifieds.

14. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

WOW! What a great collection ~

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

The fact his daughter got him torqued should be enough to inspire you to be his friend. He probably needs a friend. I know some older folks who do. Not "for" anything. That comes or it dosent. That man has some stories that his kids could give a damn about. Dont let him die with his stories. Take him dinner or have him over when ya bbq one time. I befriended a geezer once and when he opened the garage that he never spoke about or alluded to for the 4 years I knew him there was a 48 Buick. He asked how much I thought it was worth. I told him and he said the friendship was worth more than that and the keys were in it. He died the next week.
    I miss you Andy.

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

first, i agree with that.
    secondly, is that a true story? almost brings a tear to the old eye.