Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1931 Chrysler Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neutralrods, May 28, 2009.

1. Gonna be a nice car,but my neck is now hurting from those sidewinder photos!

2. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Great work - keep the pics coming!!!

3. neutralrods

neutralrods
    from T-Town, WA

:eek:My photo loader put's them in weird angles, I'll try to fix them before I post them on the next batch.....

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  4. crashgravis

crashgravis

its your car , but i would leave the oval :cool:

5. badsam56

badsam56
    from MS

Hey neutral, great ride. One thing please, don't do the general Chevy SB build for this one. PLEASE from a MOPAR fan, keep it all MOPAR. A LA SB would be a good choice or even better a new Hemi for a new style rod, or better yet an old 1st gen Hemi would be extremely cool in it. If you really want something different, do a Polyhead engine.

I had a 37 Plymouth Sedan that I used a 340 and 727 in that worked great after you fab the mounts. I also did this combo + a 6 pack on a 49 Dodge PU and it was the best combo I ever built. The truck had a 4 speed that came with the 340. I had to fab a clutch system as the new hydraulic systems weren't an option back then, but man did it run good. Anywho, you have a unique cool ride. I love the old Chrysler body styles.

6. neutralrods

neutralrods
    from T-Town, WA

I have been going around and around with the motor combo. I have found alot of Poly blocks and Hemis out there but none seem to very complete. I had a Olds Rocket from a 50 that was complete down to the tranny but sold it. My pops took the 40 flathead motor that was rebuilt, so I firgure a Chevy SBC was the least exspensive since I'am on a budget with this rod. I'am trying to build it under $7500, and so far I'am only into it about $3000. Of course I have to buy 4-5 of everything only because I find everything in package deals....So plenty of extra parts that will be coming up for sale soon........

7. neutralrods

neutralrods
    from T-Town, WA

Working the suicide doors, pain in the ass............:mad:

Attached Files:

8. Ya no could have to do somthing with their name! by the first guy that tried to perfect them Great Work it will be worth it

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  9. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Very nice work and great looking coupe....I think it needs to come to TTown (Tulsa) go ahead and ship it my way!:D

10. neutralrods

neutralrods
    from T-Town, WA

Well, got the drivers side door done, now I have to make a K member and some braces, It should be GOLDEN after that, I'll post some pics soon..:D

11. SteadyT

SteadyT

:eek:

I almost bought that coupe from Mark... Lucky Bastard :D

12. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Looks like its comming along real nice. Good work.

13. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Real nice, thanks for all the work in progress shots. love that oval window. Slim

14. looking good. the doors will be awesom.

15. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Looks Great !! What parts are you using for the suicide door change .Did chrysler come stock with parrallel leaf front and rear? What are your plans for your frame and suspension. I got a 1931 plymouth to rework still trying to figure out the frame and suspension set up because the body sets on the rails making it higher than I want . I have pictures of my car are in profile if interested. Going too be a sweet looking ride good luck with your progress. Joe

16. neutralrods

neutralrods
    from T-Town, WA

Well, due to moving out of the girls house the project is on hold now, DAMN, Hopefully get back to it soon, but for now I'll let the dust work on it

17. Custombuild

Custombuild

Very cool to see a Plymouth in a sea of Fords. I'm in Australia and have a 34 Ford sedan and a 31 Plymouth that was imported from the US this will be my next project. Would be great if you kept it mostly mopar. I'm running a 392 with a quad 97 setup unless I get carried away and put a 671 on top. I do need some chassis info if anyone has it. Here's the projects

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. swanny_salvage

swanny_salvage

Are you still working on this project Neutralrods? Curious what you ended up doing for front/rear suspension. I'm working on a '31 Chrysler Coupster right now and looking for ideas.

19. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

31 Chrysler coupe, chopped 1" at the rear, 1-1/2" at the front. rear done by cutting at the top of the beltline and sliding it down.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and wraymen like this.
  20. swanny_salvage

swanny_salvage

What front axle and rear end did you use?

21. Always check the dates on posts. And on old ones, last time that member was here. In this case, he hasn't been around for 11 years.;)

22. I'm building a 30' Chrysler coupe and my buddies building a 31'. Mines chopped 3" and channeled. Bobbed rear fenders, narrowed front fenders, no running boards. 1946 Chrysler Town & Country dash, column & steering wheel with a 1956 Chrysler push button trans shift. 1957 Poly 354. Late 40's CAE quick change rear. Wide 5 wheels. My buddies not chopping or channeling his, 1962 Chrysler 361 with a 671 blower, full fendered, running boards, hood & sides. Love those 30's Mopars, that's for sure!

23. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

mine has a Camaro rear and an original Must II front. all done by a previous owner