Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Tearfull Goodbuy to Runaround Sue's 55 Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I think that with so many twists and turns you might be better served by letting a lawyer or Judge sort this mess out.

There are a LOT of laws that apply to the transfer of a car.

I bought a can in AZ one time, I came in another car alone and did not drive the car off the lot right away. They were freaking out untill I did because the sale was not considered "consumnated" untill I drove the car off the lot...

ALSO,,, if this guy is a big a dick as he sounds (from this side of ther story), just giving him the car MIGHT not releive you of LIABILITY... In other words he STILL can, (and might) file a law suit against you for "damage", illegal possession, emotional distress, racketeering, etc.... or whatever else he can think up...

I think you might need a lawyer...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  2. Sue and John, that really sucks. I hope that everything gets worked out, but Sue remember there are always other cars out there.

You guys are so nice, it sucks to hear about you getting screwed!

MRAK

3. James427

James427
    BANNED

I have just read this entire thread and I can't BELIEVE nobody gave him the BEST advice!!

There has GOT to be a drag strip somewhere near you. WHAT THE FU#* ARE YOU WAITING FOR??????? Take it to Pinks all out, THEN give it back.

4. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Bankers, Power of Attorneys, A Real Estate Developer, An Asshat with more money than brains, bad communication, waaay to much baggage on this deal....Get your money now back give up the car no matter how much you love the 55. There is a bad mojo on this deal (and the car) and it probably won't get any better.

5. We just had a Pinks allout 3 miles from our house last weekend. Too bad we were in Muncie doing the nostalgia race advertised here on the HAMB.
    Might have been a good place to spank it around a little.

BTW, we get our money back tonight. We had our first conversation with the guy who has the title today. We have agreed to meet him tomorrow night for him to pick up the car. The phone call actually went very well. We had never actually spoken before the phone call today. We spoke like two civilized humans to each other.
    He has agreed the he and his girlfriend will test drive the car and if he doesn't like it to sell it on the spot to Susie.
    Hopefully between Dustins' and my conversations he seems like he might be softening up a little.

6. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Hope it works out for you.

7. Good luck John! We're sure hoping Suzie get's her dream car! :) Over inflate all the tires, put some wedges in the springs and make sure it rides like shit before they drive it. :D Rub onions in Suzies eyes to get a good cry going, have Dustin and Amanda there with looks that could burn a hole thru them... :D

8. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'd be packing heat when he shows up. One reason, in case he is too. Second reason, in case he doesn't want to give up the title! :D

Good luck...

9. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

hey john and susie....me and my associates have plenty of time tomorrow:cool::cool:

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The dealer they bought the car through and the banker that sold the title because he had power of attorney and was holding a fat lean on the property are two distinctly different people.

This is a case of someone finding out that someone else really wants something and is able to run down and buy it out from under them by other means.

Lesson to be learned: don't advertise that you are buying something until you have the deal done and the title in hand.

The buyer sound to me like someone who buys stuff just because he can and doesn't want others to have them. A hoarder if you will. Every part of the country has at least one and this one is just a bit more devious and obviously had an inside track at the bank. If the banker was straight arrow and knew that there was a legitimate deal going on the car he shouldn't have sold the title to this guy. But then did the banker know there was a live deal going on the car for cash?

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That sucks John. At least you're able to get the check back. There's got to be some kind of logic in this... if the guy has already said he isn't sure about driving the car, then why buy it? To do what with? Turn it back into a restored stocker? Make it a pro-touring car? I'm with you... WTF. Why spend that kind of money for something that you aren't absolutely stoked to have, like Susie would be. What a drag.

Oh, just saw the reply about the transfer. Maybe you should *ahem* fiddle with the timing a little. ;) :D

12. Huge storage lien against the vehicle!

13. repoguy

repoguy

So, now that it's apparent that all of this talk about him being an asshole isn't true, and he's actually a reasonable guy.

That being said, I assume you apologized to him for making these assumptions and then subsequently trashing him on the net, before even speaking to him and trying to work it out like "2 civilized humans"?

And hopefully all of you guys who called this guy a prick (based solely on something you read on the internet and have no ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE of) feel like idiots, because that's pretty much what you are. What a bunch of bandwagon-jumping retards.

14. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

wish you could meet the dude, repo guy....well maybe you two would get along not sure...just my two cents....

p.s. i have ACTUAL knowledge of his 'prickness' if you ever get a chance to make a journey up here,, ill take ya to meet him

15. john walker

john walker

bummer for the guy that you tore the car down to the frame as soon as you got it home.

16. IronSwine

IronSwine

Yeah...I would still grease up the front end real good and drive it directly up his ass.

-Swine

17. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

he might actually like that!!!!!!!!!

18. moter

moter

I read that three times and still dont understand what you are trying to say...

19. Try adding a couple letters "wish you could meET the dude"

s.

20. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

fixed sorry started the high life a lil early today

21. so wrong to say, but if ya changed to toe setting a little it might not drive as well as he wanted and might sell.....

sorry probably a bad idea, but i understand a questionable person buying something they really don't want/like when there's a someone passinate about it and really want it.

fingers crossed for you.,..

22. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

That guy lowballed me on my A roadster a couple years ago, then handed me a flyer with 50 or so cars on it for sale. Wanted to trade me some 74 buick electra or something. Waste of a day. Sounds like he could use a old fashin ass kickin to me. I'm still in pretty good shape. I think I could take out that midget fucker. Not that theres anything wrong with being a midget. Well Coop goto plan B. Build one!

23. Darby

Darby

Wow: Fuck with the alignment, fuck with the engine, wave a gun in his face. All of which is more dishonest or reckless than what any of the real parties did in what sounds like a royal, clusterfuck of legality. Look, nobody likes a rich prick who gets something you wanted, but we're all richer than at least one other person.

I've had shit sold out from underneath me--showed up on time and the car's gone. A co-worker tried to sell me a stolen motorcycle and I had it in the truck when he started mumbling something about the numbers on the title. A guy I met in a parking lot to sell an intake manifold threatened to send his "brother-in-law who does MMA" over to my house when he suddenly "remembered" a lower asking price. These situations suck. But your reputation is more valuable than a piece of metal and fabric.

MercDueceMan--Hope it works out for you. Sounds like you've played this level-headedly, and your wife still has a chance to get the car and you get to deal with the rich trophy-collector dude face-to-face. That's a lot better than having cops or lawyers or repo guys show up.

24. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

well said mr. darby

25. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

Good Luck Tonight !!

26. rusty28a

rusty28a

I agrees with Fink. Take the car back to the builder and avoid the trouble. A-hole people have a way of getting others into trouble and you don't need the agrivation. Either the same car will come back your way or you will find one to make you folks happy. You can, however, be sure to tell everyone under the son what a wonderful human being that guy is. Believe me when I say that it's for the best and I will never steer you wrong. High road!!!

27. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Sir,

I would kindly ask that you go back and read Merc Deuce Man's initial post. It begins with the sentence...
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->This story gets deep, so read it carefully a couple of times before blasting away on anyone.

Having had the pleasure of knowing him for a couple of years, I believe he was simply writing about his frustration on the whole situation. I do not believe he ever used any vulgarity when describing the guy as you implied above. I know that if it was my wife who found the car that she had wanted and this had happened to her, I would feel the same way. :)

Anyway....John keep us posted when this whole mess gets finalized.

28. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

This whole deal sucks. John and Sue are two of the nicest people I have met. I believe in karma, and what goes around comes around. It seems like a loss now but set on your cash, keep the faith and a better deal will come around. Good things happen to good people, and you are two of the best. Let the rich boy have his toy,keep your eyes open, and a super 55 for less money will show when your not even expecting it. Karma is a strange thing. Trust me on this....

29. rcoffey

rcoffey

:rolleyes:have the builder pick up the car, like everyone said if you scratch it there is no telling what else would happen.how about every one on the hamb pitch in and look for another 55 and every one source out parts or services for a real 55 built out of the love and dedication to the sport?just my opinion thanx

30. finsdeluxe

finsdeluxe
    from danville

sorry to here the bad news like to help in a pleasent way. call me if needed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.