Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HAMB Shoebox Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Dec 3, 2006.

1. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

When I took my Jeep to high school, nothing ever happened with it and I never had any problems. I guess it depends where you go to school among other things. Mine's not really nice, but it's different and I left it in the parking lot with no top. But I guess it gives you an excuse to start another one. Good luck.

2. eye bone

eye bone

Ouch! Jeeze what a drag!

Well glad you tracked down a new roof though! And look at it this way when it's done you'll really feel like you accomplished something!

3. rickkane

rickkane

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  4. studeboy

studeboy

Rick the car is really starting to take shape. The chop turned out nice. Is there much of a bend in the windshield? The pic almost makes it look like a curved windshield with a divider bar. (Must just be an illusion) Also could you let us know how the stock steering column is hooked up to the rack? Maybe a tech post.

5. nice car, but shoebox Ford is 49-51 ! some updates !

Attached Files:

dwollam likes this.
  6. geemann51

geemann51

Nice crestliner wheel ya' bum.....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. rickkane

rickkane

Thanks for the kind words studeboy. The windshield does have a decent angle to it, it jut doesn't show in this pic. I plan on doing an update on the tech stuff on my other thread this week. Here's a pic of the linkage from the stock column to the rack.

[​IMG]

8. studeboy

studeboy

Thanks Rick the steering setup doesn't really show up in the photos in your build thread. I'm subscribed so I will see it as soon as you update there. Have you driven the car yet? I have read the r&p is not the best setup (not sure why, it seems like it would be a major improvement over stock) Thinking of building my own based on Fatmans setup.

9. rickkane

rickkane

I've driven the car around town quite a bit, but not at highway speeds yet. as far as the R&P, the jury is still out on that. It's pretty good 95% of the time, but every once in awhile it will go off track. I'm not sure that I've got the front end alignment dead on yet, and I need to install the sway bar. Also I've got bias ply's on it. We used a Sunbird rack because it was a manual rack.

10. Davester

Davester
    from PDX

Why would you wanna chop it that much?? 7/9????????

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Cause he'd be stylin with twin Gurney bubbles, and would be so cool not being able to see anything other than headliner.

12. lonewolf

lonewolf

just picked up my first shoebox. bought it off a 74 y/o man who bought it in 1973 trailed it home and drove it around the block once. then took it apart to make a show car and there it sat. until i bought it and cleaned it up and put it back together 54,387 original miles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20818723

13. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

very clean.really nice score.what are the plans for this shoebox?

14. Crease

Crease

Nice!

15. lonewolf

lonewolf

not really sure what im going to do with it? i was looking for a 26 to 29 roadster and stumbled accross it. it almost to nice to cut up. ill either leave it stock or just soup up the flattie, not sure how that will be with the fordomatic though? any sugestions?

16. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Lone Wolf.....
    Speedway has the conversion to change it over to a Ford C4 automatic... Better known as FLAT-O-MATIC.....

Probably would be a hell of a lot less parts needed to change auto to auto as opposed to collecting all the parts that you need for an Auto to Stick change over....

If you want to go that way I have a 50 Overdrive trans that Im going to sell came out of a 54K Tudor.... Check my photo album to see pictures of the car.... Looking to get $250.00 Plus shipping and the cost of a crate..

Rich.........
    New Jersey

17. Davester

Davester
    from PDX

Never to nice to cut it up!! I'd do it in a heartbeat, oh wait, I did :)

18. 50Fraud

50Fraud

There was a Barney Navarro article in an early issue of Hop Up (early '50s, that is) where he added heads and a 2-carb manifold to a then-new Fordomatic '51 sedan. It made a worthwhile difference in the performance of the car, even with the automatic.

19. T.R.C.

T.R.C.

Man I need a shoebox!!

20. thanks ! from the bum ! But i will never have another one done. If I sell the car the Crestliner wheel is coming out and the stocker back in. Dig your shoebox geemann51

21. geemann51

geemann51

I'm just jealous, love your car too....

22. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Here is mine. This is my daily driver/ family car.
    v-8 with no overdrive
    fatman dropped uprights
    areostar springs
    3" blocks.

I dont have to worry about the kids scratching it!

Attached Files:

23. low50s

low50s

Well since i graduate college next week i had to put a stoping point to the car at the moment, so i can move it out of school and back into the parents garage until i can move it somewhere where i can work on it here are some recent pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dont mind the dust and the dirt from mounting the trunklid

tomarow im putting the body back onto the frame, which i wish i didnt have to because im waiting to install my c frame and my 4 link and get my bag mounts and everything, but since it has to go home, im putting the stock springs back on so i can get it home :(

24. BUDDY HOLLY

BUDDY HOLLY

Where are all the chevys (( praise the general ))

25. Shoeboxes are by definition '49-'51 Fords. All others are imposters. Use the Search function.....Centurion9

26. I think their call "Nuckleheads with bluetourches" or somthin like that...:D

27. low50s

low50s

yeah i was putting on my handles and one of them grew legs and walked away, so if any shoebox guys have an extra pass side handle please let me know because its gone !!!

28. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

Mine's in for sure. Old kustom, 4" chop, dual tailights, 56 chevy grill, 51 merc dash, '53 Stude motor and trans (v8 & 2spd auto), nosed. decked. I'll get some pics of it at some point.:cool:

29. xadamx

xadamx

Wow...this post/club was started 12/06! Anyway, just got a shoebox, so I guess I'm in.

Attached Files: