Register now to get rid of these ads!

I started my chop on my 50 coupe this week end

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blue collar guy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Well here it goes, after a few months of looking at my 50 chevy business coupe it was time to make time to get started on it. I don't want to sound like a bitch but it hard to find time to work on my own stuff. With the shop and three kids there is never enough time space or money. I know what a cry baby. But after Santa Maria it was on. I have not built a car for my self in over 12 years. So it is time to build a custom for myself, all other side shit is off. That said I started on my chop this weekend. I aligned the doors and braced it all up by noon. I marked my cuts and by three the top was off and I was leaning the rear glass down. With some help we set the roof back on and and took a look. By this time there was 4" out of the A-pillers and a little over 5" out of the back. That was a long Saturday. The next morning I was at the shop by 9:30 and was back at it. I staightened up the a pillers and welded them up. I went back to the back window and welded up the seam at the belt line. By this time it was 4 o'clock and had to go. Here are a few pictures of the progress. I'll be back on it tomorrow night....I'll keep you posted. Thanks, Scott

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. studhud

studhud

It looks Bad Ass there MOFO!!
    Later Dave

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hell yeah-now drop that thing as low as you can get it and drive the shit out of it.

5. lazyv8

lazyv8

looks good scott! cant wait to see more!

6. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Kinda looks Germitalian.

[​IMG]

7. looking man!

8. teddyp

teddyp

Looking good

9. Hell yeah!! Good to see you finding time for it....looks great.

Bryan

10. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Looks good. It always feels good to work on your own stuff.

11. brewsir

brewsir

nice....but when are you gonna really chop it??? Just kidding Scott...looks good, and I know what you are talking about trying to find time and all that...good to see you are treating yourself a little! (I think thats why we do this???)

12. Von Franco

Von Franco

Shit you make the big bucks now lol. And you have all the time in the world too.
    Anyway looks good man and hows the Scott motel you still have that thing ................

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

about damb time hump and get it now looks good!

14. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I still have my model A . I will get buried in that thing. I just put a chromed front axel and chromed wish bones on it. Its looking good.

15. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

So tonight i trimmed up the top edge of the rear window opening and the rear edge of the roof. Then ben and I tached it all together. Tomarrow I will be on the Quarter glass openings. Here are a few pics. Thanks for all the good feed back.

Attached Files:

16. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Looks good. There's another recently posted thread of a '50 Pontiac, with a similar method of chopping the top.

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Your back window placement rules. Are you gonna drag a few more inches of 1/4 window into the car?

18. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

all the bad ass cars you build for other people..its good to see you working on something of your own..cant wait to see it done. cuz it will be nice

19. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I don't know yet. I dont want to have to cut up the rain gutters to move the Quarter glass back. But I'm leaning the B piller. So I want to look at how it looks before I decide that the Quarter glass is to small or if the sale panel is to big. But I will see how it goes. Thanks Scott

20. Flop

Flop

rain gutters wasnt that big of a pain actually i thought it was gonna be when i moved my quarter windows backwards.

21. studhud

studhud

Damn Scott you posted this at 12 am I guess your burnin the candle at both ends! Dude's on fire! Looks killer my cents stretch the quarter glass = more flow I know you can do it as your a talented MOFO!
    Later Dave

22. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I agree that is a good looking chop.

23. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

So I was messing around with the quarter glass openings and I think I will be moving the opening back in to the sail panel and run a streight b piller. here is a picture of it mocked up. Thanks for all the input. Scott

Attached Files:

24. chopt49

chopt49

Nice chop...keep them updates coming.

25. Flop

Flop

26. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

27. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Ahh ha. It was Flop's chopped '50 Pontiac which I was referencing. Glad to see you guys connected via the HAMB.

28. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

So I changed my mind on the quarter glass opening again. I was making it to easy on my self. So I decided to lean the B piller and extend the window opening. Here are some picks of the mock up.

Attached Files:

29. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That my friends is a car.

30. I was hoping you were gonna change your mind and lean the pillars....fuckin' awesome!! It's funny that people say don't chop a coupe,,,it's no easy task, but you sure make it look like is. Keep the updates coming.

So much for it lookin' like the one you did for Branden :D....haha

Bryan