Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ford_

ford_

:Ddrgtdrg:mad: markebeam.synthasite.com is where a pic of my torino and van is

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

no photos of the DICE magazine van? saw that one at santa maria and about creamed my shorts. i loved it. the paint was badass....it might be too new for this "traditional van forum."

3. got that "keep On Keepin ON" design on a shirt or sticker?!

Did you sell your van, yet, or did you find another way to scrape up the cash for the house?

4. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

5. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]

saw this at Round Up

[​IMG]

6. Any old vanclub members out there??? My uncle pulled out his old Vanclub jacket from the 70s and had it drycleaned and is wearing it when he is cruising his 56cadillac. The club was called "Wheels of Confusion" they were out of Huntington Beach,Ca. They were about 40 vans deep,I didnt realize how big these van clubs really were back then.

7. Choptop

Choptop

wheels of confusion is still around. They throw a van campout in Santa Rosa every year.

8. banjorear

banjorear

Nothing says there is some serious shaggin' going on in the back like a dual rear wheel set-up.

That van is a bad motherf*cker...

Shut your mouth.

But I'm talking about vans.

Damn right!

9. Nomadness

Nomadness

Where is my old Dodge now? Any info on it's whereabouts? Sold about 18 years ago at Carlisle swap meet, guy who bought it said he was from Northern California. Here's a link to some more info http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/pindan/dodge.htm
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  10. I don't really care if they come back, but I've got a couple of old pictures. The first one is of a '69 Chevy that my dad drove new as a Chevrolet company vehicle for awhile. He said it drove horribly when it was new, so I can't imagine what a worn out one would be like!
    [​IMG]

This other picture is actually me in the early 70's next to the "Cave Man Van". It was a new shorty Chevy with a mural of a caveman looking out over the new world, complete with blue shag, bubble window, side pipes, and slotted mags. I don't have a picture of the whole van anywhere, but I'm sure you get the idea ...
    [​IMG]

11. Frank K

Frank K

Shot this through my video camera as I shot the 2009 Thompson Gasser Reunion last weekend. Soon to be on DVDs..Frank Kunkel
    [​IMG]

12. I had one just like that & it drove great. But then I did have 8's in the front & 10's in the rear w/radials all the way around w/a BBC/400turbo :eek: stuffed in between the seats. Wished I had it back, had lotssss of fun w/that van :D ;) ...joe

13. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Slightly OT, but I was talking to one of the guys we hang out with at the local Friday night cruise. He was telling me how he had one of those square 60's Chevy vans back in the '80s. He said he rearended another van in the rain at about 40 mph and actually went through the windshield and hit the back of the other van! Ouch! He wasn't wearing a seatbelt which would explain how he made it out of his van. :rolleyes:

14. banjorear

banjorear

...When you are smoking doobies in a van down by the river.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

15. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

The corvair vans are bad ass. My boy at Powerplant Choppers is doing one of those Econoline Van truck things. Should be pretty cool

16. They're kind of cute and quirky, but bad ass? That might be pushing it maybe a little bit perhaps. :D

17. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

My "rolling condo" 110hp Corvair powered 69 VW camper bus on it's way out in 1982.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  18. KK500

KK500

Jersey City, NJ 2004.
    Pic 2 is closeup of Caddy logo.
    Not quiiiite '60s but the signage could be :D

Attached Files:

19. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Gotta Love the Earlies. Stubnose is the only way to go. Mine is a 64 8 door. Everybody drives their cars and I follow with the chairs, coolers, grill, and whatever else we decide to take. Always have room for the swapmeet stuff too.

20. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

Yes, the Wheels of Confusion van club is still around. 40 years this year!
    Still out of Huntington Beach,Cali. We do put on a run every year, but haven't ever done anything in Santa Rosa. Brad

21. ford_

ford_

[​IMG]

22. ford_

ford_

:)gvfhyrfthfthtrfyhtrfhgdhdfghfdhfdthgfghgf

23. ford_

ford_

what type of milage would a 64 econoline van get with a straight 6 about ????? i have one but it has a hole in the gas tank so i cant tell the milage... ya know i probley should fix that but its the type of problem that just fixes itself... plus its in the top so it only leaks when i stop fast "since it dont take off fast"

24. MPG will depend on a few factors.
    1. Engine size and condition
    weak engine or burning oil will reduce mpg. Bigger engine=worse mpg
    2. Transmission type
    auto takes more power then a manual
    3. rear end ratio
    low number better MPG potential
    4. Type and size of tires
    Wide takes power. Tall cuts ratio helps MPG most times. Radial better

Based on this, my 1962 Econoline with a 144 cu in six, 3 spd manual, 4:10 gears, 26" tall radials on the rear got me 20mpg at 55mph freeway driving.

My 1965 with a 250 cu in six set up the same way but with 3:55 gears got 18mpg, but had much more power.

25. ford_

ford_

26. ford_

ford_

27. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

28. motorhead711

motorhead711

Speaking of Vans. For several years the van that Annie Potts drove in Corvette Summer sat for years in a wrecking yard in Richmond, Ca. The wrecking yard was owned by the Cole Brothers and a drag racing buddy of mine and my brothers named "Dirty Ray" Dupree told us about it. Doubt highly if it is still there, and shit this was 7-8 years ago when he told us about it. It was for sale for 900$

29. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

That pirates of the carribean van was just plain scary, who knew wood paneling would also be making a come back.

30. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

maybe i should put some heart windows and do an mural painting on my 1934 ford delivery ohhh, dragons and bitches... and a wizard toooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.