Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "may banger may not" may's monthly meeting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sko_ford, May 1, 2009.

1. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks!! That paint is Cast Blast by Seymore. I got it from Snyder's Model A parts. It's a real nice non gloss finish. The carb is a Weber progressive 2bbl.

2. 88daryl88

88daryl88

Sorry, took a while to find & scan this. (from California Bill's Ford Speed Manual -1952)

[​IMG]
    None of that Chevy synthetic seal rubbish, just 3 rings of No.150 garlock packing, easy!. :rolleyes:

3. thats one of the best little books full of information on bangers and v8s and flat six's i definatly reccomend it

4. its nice to see a proper model B with the banger in it :D

5. deuce295

deuce295

Yep, That looks like what I have. I really appreciate the reply. Great info.

6. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Guy's,

I just picked up a 30 sport coupe yesterday and it came with a 4. How easy is it to rebuild these and hop up. The engine turns over freely by hand and is complete. I was just going to put it aside and go for a sbc, but the four may be more fun then a run of the mill engine.

Thanks,

Alex

7. that roadster is fuckin' ridiculous...... god i wanna shoot myself for ever selling my RPU. I love what you've put together there, please keep it goin' in that same direction. God bless you my son

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Looking good bud. Can't wait to hear how you like the banger mods. Keep me posted.

9. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I have an A engine .100 over bore with a stock head. An Ansen aluminum down draft intake with a single Holley 94 carb. What # main jets should I be running? The carb has #51 now. The engine idles great and it does well under load but it has a continous misfire of sorts during light load cruising speeds( but it doesn't sound like a cylinder dropping out). The miss is random. The plugs look fine (whiteish appearance) but I am wondering if I am running too rich / too lean during those low load higher RPM times.

10. Elrod

Elrod

Sounds like a timing issue to me. You didn't mention your distributor set up.

Also, have you checked for vacuum leaks, like from the windshield wiper, or any bad gaskets?

11. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Elrod, Thanks.

The manifold doesn't have a port so the vaccumn wipers are disconnected at this point. I tried spraying carb cleaner on the gasket surfaces and didn't notice much of a change. The distributor is a modified Willys unit with a mechanical advance. If I recall correctly we had total advance at 32 degrees.

12. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

I would look at the power valve in the 94. Stretch the spring some- might help.

13. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

14. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Hey Chris was going threw some old threads and found you and your family... Wow what a cool time you had
    with them those pics are Great!! No wonder you are a Hot Rod Man !!! Thanks for posting!!

Chris likes this.