Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Steve, I didn't have to cut or bend anything. You'll need a tie rod drop kit to lower the center link down. Otherwise it will hit the springs. The drag link dropped right back in its location. If you notice in the pics my wheels have too much camber. The axle maker said it wasn't there doing. Funny I never had it before the dropped axle. Handles fine though.

No cutting into the bed. ZERO! :D I will say however that the top of the pumkin is close (maybe 2.5") to the bed floor but I don't it has ever hit.

Yes it still rides like a lowered truck. Not good as I hoped it might.

I drove it 500 miles one way to TN last year for the F100 Nats and were going to go again in June.

Later,Bill

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

2. tanman

tanman

Hey nova,

Your trucks looking very good. I have a 60 long bed, rear has a flip kit, super c notch and 3 leafs removed. THe front has 2.5 dropped axle and removed 2 leaf springs removed. My truck handles very strange "mostly on curves on the freeway" it sway from side to side. Im also running bias whites on it. Any ideas....sometimes it can scare the hell out of you!

I love driving this truck, you can just never relax and cruise down the highway.

any suggestion would be great.

Thanks

Larry

3. oface

oface

Heres a few pictures of my 58

Attached Files:

4. thishero

thishero

Thanks for the info Nova Bill, you've been very helpful. I'll post some pictures once I get it back together.

oface, nice truck, that's about what mine will look like when I get it back together. How much did you lower it. My goal is 6" all the way around.

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Switch to radials and you should see a huge differance. It's likely the bias plys

6. And a healthy chop and section job. The roof is only about 54" high!!

7. kustomkat

kustomkat

8. 59 f100

59 f100
    from washington

i have a 59 bought it a few days ago ive taken three leafs out the front so far and four from the back (back not lowered in pic) were do you buy the drop axles and what do they sell for i wanna get some bigger tires cause the ones it has are way to thin but it sits lower so i want a drop axle to have the same height with bigger tires.

[​IMG]

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy

For a dropped axle check with Nostalgia Sid's at www.droppedaxles.com Sid's product and customer service are top notch.

10. ...or Classic Performance Products classicperform.com, or our own HAMBer, Elpolacko at Industrial Chassis Inc. He can even drop your own axle to your requirements, and provide setup info so your rig will steer/handle properly.

11. 59 f100

59 f100
    from washington

thanks for the help its appreciated, are these trucks worth anything? they seem to be unpopular, i bought mine for 800 with a bunch of spare parts and it runs like new had alot of work done to it its a v8.

12. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

They have become much more popular in the last few years. The 57-60 ford trucks are affectionately named orphans and refridgerators.

13. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I would say they're less popular than the other models and usually cheaper when you find them. However I believe they're gaining a following. Dare to be different? I like my 57!

Later,bill

14. Otto138

Otto138

Mine is a '57 not much difference though. This one is lower now this picture is a few years old.

Attached Files:

15. 59 f100

59 f100
    from washington

well the reason i ask is this isnt my usual type of cars to build i have a few lowriders i kno how to paint instal hydraulics and everything that goes along with that seems like the trucks not worth much more than what i paid for i so i dont kno what im going to do with it.

heres some pics with the back lowered and hubcaps back on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. custom100

custom100

Here are a couple pics of my 57. It's not finished yet but it's getting close. I did a flip kit in the back, and the pumpkin is about 1/2 inch from hitting the bed on the old stock leafs. I did a pipe notch in the frame but I'm gonna have to do a bigger one. It doesn't ride that great. Thinking about keeping the same stance but putting it on air bags.

Attached Files:

17. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yes that is a nice one!!! thanks for posting Custom100!!

19. 59 f100

59 f100
    from washington

so how much do you guys think this things worth i bought it cause it was cheap and burly drive it rides like shit pretty, my car with hydraulics rides and handels better than this thing so i dont like driving it, what price range do you guys estimate it falls into.

these are my other cars
    [​IMG]

20. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

21. What a great thread, the '57 - '60 Fords are a fav of mine. of course I grew up playing with Tonka trucks, so was a natural, I have a '59 that has been stored for about ten years, running gear went to other projects, mostly a shell now, was thinking of selling it but I think I may be getting inspired,
    We call these trucks the "forgotten Fords" when I parked it you couldn't get hot rods parts anywhere, pre '57 was it. glad to see more interest now. I saw another thread talking about putting F-1 on Ranger/Explorer chassis has anyone done that with a '57-'60
    Has anyone done or seen any custom body work on one.
    Great pics. more please

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  22. thishero

thishero

Went to the Graffiti Parade last night in downtown Modesto, CA, snap a couple of this 57 with a shortened bed.

Attached Files:

• 57a.jpg
      57a.jpg
      File size:
      101.7 KB
      Views:
    • 57b.jpg
      57b.jpg
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
  23. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here are some shots of the '59 my friend "KustomKat" here on the H.A.M.B. just finished and showed it at WCK Santa Maria show.

Attached Files:

24. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Those effies are effin cool guys! Hopefully next month a cousin & I are going to North Ala. and bringing mine down so I can get r done!

25. thishero

thishero

I don't have much details, but I have see a 59 Panel on a 94 Explorer 4x4 frame and drive train. He said it drove and handled great.

26. Michale777

Michale777

27. Michale777

Michale777

28. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't have much trouble making friends at car shows, do ya?:)

You can park next to me & my 60 anytime...

BIGREDTODD

29. manyolcars

manyolcars

I am working on my 1960 Ford 1/2 ton and the battery tray is a mess.
    It looks like the bottom rotted out and someone made a horrible wood tray that sits at a crazy angle.
    I got that out and the inside bracket is 3/4 of an inch lower than the outside bracket.
    Whats that about?
    Also it looks like the battery tray was about 15 1/2" wide.
    What is that about?
    Most batteries are about 10" across.
    Does anyone have a picture of the tray with the battery out?
    Thanks guys.

30. Very common problem...a lot of creativity was used to "rebuild" the trays. Getting tough to find a good one. Wish I hadn't thrown mine away:eek:...

The old group "27" batteries were longer than today's typical group "24" batteries are...