Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Drag Race in Muncie Indiana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Mar 4, 2009.

1. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Hey now, you live our corn fed Indiana farm girls alone!!!:mad::D We can't help it if you boys in Wisconsin don't know how to grow your WIMMEN!!!:eek::D Besides, I got dibs on her if something happens to John!! :p:cool:
    Hope you can make it to Muncie...see 'ya all there.

2. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Do you know if there are any special rules for roadster's ???????????? Roll bar ??

3. custom300

custom300

The road rockets always put on a good show, and I am looking forward to racing if I can get the old shoebox together in time. Dropped the motor in it last sunday and will hopefully finish up the wiring this weekend. I am looking forward to the show either way.

Kevin

4. Should not be a problem on an open car unless you think your going to be running some really quick ET's, (12 sec or faster)

To be safe, you might want to contact the track on their website. Make sure they know your question pertains to the Road Rocket portion of the event.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=340296

http://www.munciedragway.com/

http://www.munciedragway.com/Home/Tr...1/Default.aspx

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Oh man, you are killing me.

I was looking forward to spending a LONG day at PINKS ALL OUT at Indy Raceway Park on May 30th. No doubt this will be a cooler group of cars, but I love all things automotive and was looking forward to PINKS...

Don't turn this into a hate thread on the TV show... Just expressing my pain!

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Wow, first I've heard of this!

Funny, we are doing a nostalgia drags day too in August. I'm working on the flyer now. :D

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yeah, me too!

Too bad it's the same weekend as the Rust Revival. We'll be there.

8. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

django, keep us Indy guys updated on your nostalgia drags in August. There is a group of us that are going racing this summer and we are looking for events close to home to run our cars. Quarter mile preferably.
    Nostalgia events. Most of us don't really fit in the NS/S class because we are pretty much OLD SCHOOL. No big slicks,electronics, etc.,etc. We just wanna have fun!!!;):D

9. Missing Pinks was the first thing I thought of when I heard the date. Especially since I live 3 miles from ORP and have a 9 second Chevelle that would fit right in.
    Like you said, a cooler group of cars and an event that will be catering to a different venue of cars than what Pinks is all about.

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

What year is your Chevelle John? I didn't realize you had a chevelle too.

11. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Sounds like good times...I'll roll in from Louisville.

12. An O/T 70 Chevelle.
    A very good friend of mine for over 25 years and I are partners on it. I own the car and he owns the engine and transmission. In the beginning, he did not have a shop to keep a car in, truck or trailer to take to the track etc.
    It's worked out really well for the past 20+ years. It gives us a late model street machine/race car that is affordable for both of us. We work on it together and always put the car away clean and full of gas for the next one to take it out.

We are gathering parts to start working on a chopped and channeled 30 Model A sedan with the same relationship.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

keep you eye on www.greatlakesdragaway.com . The Midwest Gassers are running quite a few events and would love to have you make the journey. For certain you will want to consider Labor Day weekend for the Time Machine Nationals. Our group ran yesterday at Da Grove and we were discussing the Muncie event. Sounds like the promoter from Muncie has requested our presence. I plan to attend if my schedule allows, with or without my MWG compadries.

14. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Hope to see you in Muncie, IN bopwop. Looks like it's gonna be a good time. A lot of COOL cars running. I love to see the FEDS, a/fx and super stocks running again. If you see a black '63 Galaxie sedan come on over and say howdy!!!:D We would like to meet 'ya.

15. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Don...are you saying I'm "corn fed"????:mad: I'm spam (and moonpie) fed! :D But I'll forgive you.

16. Ahem... and Woodford fed. :p:D We take good care of our Bubba's gals. :D

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Definitely gonna try to hit this in the am and then head to Pinks. Sounds like a good LONG day of drag racing!!!

18. Ours starts at 9:30 Sat morning and will be over by 2:00pm. After 2pm the heavy hitting nostagia cars get the track. There will be plenty to do all day but more than enough time to still take in Pinks too.

19. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

Some of the Wheelers was talking of going Sat. The question is will they get time slips on the runs?

20. We do not see where getting time slips will be a problem.

Hope to you you all there.

21. I'm thinking of coming down and doing some event coverage. Sounds like it will be a good time.

22. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

wow two days away i cant wait!!!! i wonder how long the stude will stay together this time hahahahahahha......video at eleven hahahaha

23. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Will the timing equiptment be used with the flag starts? As a spectator I would love to see the #s. Will there be concessions or should I bring a cooler. Wish I had a car together , this is going to be great!

24. springer

springer

I will be there . I have wanted to see some good old drag racing for a long time. Mongo and I will be leaving at about 5 am from Grand Rapids.

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I plan to leave at 3AM from Wisconsin. Can't wait to see Runaround Sue's new hotrod! Her, too.

26. They will have the normal track concessions but don't know how early they will open.
    I'd bring a cooler just in case you get hungry/thristy before concessions open.

As for the lights and time display, we won't know until that morning how all of that will or will not interface with the flag starts.

Just got home with Sue's new car about 11pm tonight. Dustin's girlfriends graduation and party is tomorrow and we leave for Muncie @ 6am Sat morning. No time to get her car track ready.

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am not very encouraged by the weather forecast. Any updates from those of you closer?

28. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Weather.com is showing no more than a 20% chance at any point tomorrow. Of course, anyone from this area knows that will change alot in the next 24 hours.

29. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

30. Ron

Ron

This is what Yahoo weather said on Friday afternoon

Saturday: Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 78F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Saturday night: Some clouds early will give way to generally clear conditions overnight. Low 56F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.