Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>>> Friday Art Show 05/29/09 <<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryC.

GaryC.

He slips menacingly into town as evening falls...
    and he's looking for you.

Here's what I worked on this week.
    "Stranger in town"
    Wacom/Photoshop digital painting

Attached Files:

2. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

3. autobilly

autobilly

I digs it, GaryC.

4. GaryC.

GaryC.

Thanks guys!

5. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Nothing completely finished but her are some shots from the studio this week, trying to get caught up for Ink and Iron next weekend....Lets crank this thing up!

Here is a piggy bank I got finished for my girlfriend for her birthday...

[​IMG]

Working on a small version of an earlier piece...and a pile of projects...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

WOW... GARY. That is amazing man. Thank you.

Clysdale nice work as well. Your art is extremely entertaining.

Just a Taste...
    something I have been working on at lunch time the last few days
    "Big Wave" Card Wallet. The wave is made from black stingray and white deer suede. The silk underneath will be used as the liner. The Kanji are the symbol for "Hakai" which translates as "Destruction."
    -Most of you already know, but for those who don't:
    The "Big Wave" symbol, is from a wood block print made in 1838 by the Japanese artist Hokusai. It is one of his 36 Views of Mt Fuji series. In the original, you can see Mt. Fuji in the distance underneath one of the towering white caps. It is not uncommon for this image to be used in Traditional Japanese tatoo work.

[​IMG]

7. Wow GaryC; That is just mind blowing!

Clysdale and Rough Stock; Always great; thankx for the 'behind-the-scenes' look from the both of you guys!

Y'all might recognize this '36 coupe...

[​IMG]

8. stan292

stan292

Hey gang -

I'm jumping in this week's show to let all you artsy types know about this year's Silent Auction at the HAMB Drags.

Starting last year, the focus of the event has changed a bit (for the better, I believe) and I wanted to make sure you're all hip to what's going on, as the artwork you folks have donated in past years has always been the most popular and sought-after stuff at the Auction.

In the first years, the Silent Auction was intended simply to provide some member-driven income for the HAMB in general. The proceeds went directly to Ryan - to be used however he saw fit.

Last year though, Ryan suggested they go instead to a HAMB member who might be in special need. Both Blacktopbudda (who I've turned charge of the event over to, primarily due to some health issues) and myself, thought this was a GREAT idea and something that would really add to the spirit of the event.

The proceeds were indeed passed on to a deserving HAMBER last year, but sort of after-the-fact. This time, we want to be sure everyone understands in advance just how worthwhile your contribution to the Auction really can be. It's no longer just a cool way to kick in a little payback to the HAMB itself, but a genuine opportunity to provide meaningful help to a fellow HAMBER who's somehow hurting.

Even though I've had to throttle back some with my involvement in the Auction, Blacktopbudda has allowed me the special honor of "hounding" you very talented people to participate this year by donating some of your work.

Yeah, it's a bit early yet, but before we know it the Drags will be just around the corner. So... It's time right now to make a mental note and either select something(s) from your stash of ass-kickin' artwork, or to begin work on something special just for the Auction.

I'll be following up with instructions about where to send your stuff, etc. Right now though, it's time to start planning what you'll be donating. Heck, I'm so excited about the prospect of all this, I'm actually gonna break out my long-lost art supplies (probably stuff from sometime before many of you were even born - LOL) and crank out something of my own to donate!

Many thanks to those of you who have supported the Auction in past years, and also to those of you who will be contributing for the first time this year. I know you'll do your generous best to put it over the top.

Take care all, and keep watching for updates.

...And now, back to the show!

9. racecar13

racecar13

Something new - Red 22 -
    [​IMG]
    Genuine limited edition silkscreen print run of 80. No ink jets. Been working with Self Help Graphics in east L.A. for the past week. racecar13.blogspot

10. cixpack

cixpack

Hello artists and art fans!

Bored about those f*#!n' wheels that's so hard to draw, I tried something... :)

[​IMG]

11. Santaji

Santaji

Hi!

Attached Files:

12. one to go along with last weeks and a paint it yourself version[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

14. Britt8M

Britt8M

Good Friday Fellow Artists and Appreciators of Art!
    Here is the Hot Dog Girl. If you look hard you can see the hot rod in the background.

[​IMG]

15. As always, awesome start to this weeks show...

Been playing with setting's on Flickr & applying them to some old pics....Here's the 'HOLGA' setting used on a picture of a certain well known Model A...

[​IMG]

This one's flipped to B&W & has the dark border applied...
    [​IMG]

Black & white with 'boosted color' on the arm
    [​IMG]

3.36am....I'm going to bed!

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Saw this while sipping Java at the lil Brown jug cafe.....:)

[​IMG]

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Get going to the Big Kahuna!!!!!

[​IMG]

18. charlesf

charlesf

Beautiful work!

19. heres my contribution. did this on K.S.K on tuesday before i left to come back to new zealand.

Attached Files:

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Another Dream Spread......
    ... Watson inspired...I must say...I recently picked up the book,Kustomland.... the book by Thom Taylor....... with all the photography from James Potter.... an excellent read..... highly recomend....

[​IMG]

21. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

My 9th hood for collector this is before clearcoat, now he wants 10 surfboards airbrushed, sweeeeeeeet.

Attached Files:

22. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Here is my latest pic. It is a 65' 426 Race Hemi. It is drawn in pencil, size is about 8"x8". Hope there are some mopar fans here.:)
    nategrice.blogspot.com

Attached Files:

23. Norwell, send me some of whatever you're putting in your coffee up there.... Sheesh....

Art print looks cool. You should send a e-mail about this to Ryan at iwantyourskull.com. Tell him I sentcha.

24. What an awesome start to a Friday! Gary C., I have to keep going back to that...simply amazing. MR. Norwell, I always dig your stuff, but the buzzard on the bomb is awesome! Everyone else, I'm liking what I see, great stuff all around! Here's my humble offering, a '56 Merc Custom illustration that was done for a birthday present.
    [​IMG]

25. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Awesome work Norwell....

26. chad lampert

chad lampert
    from Michigan

Gary C. that merc is awesome man!
    Norwell. cool stuff and that buzzard is the bomb,haha.
    Clysdale, you da man with the one shot, I love your style, very cool.
    Roughstock, nice!
    Sonny D. Very trick hood!
    Dutch, great black and white

27. palat

palat

Hello all,

Awesome content as usual!

Here's my contribution.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. 1951Biff

1951Biff

Very nice work people. I have been a HUGE fan of this thread for a long time. every once in a while I try to contribute.

Most of the time, my work isn't even worth sharing. I think this time is a little different because of the story behind it.

So I was out in the middle of the gulf with my father in law. The boat motor died and we were being pushed out to sea by the high winds. In a panic Ken, my father in law, tells me to drop anchor. Simple command with a not so simple result. Being the rama jamma goof, I grab the first anchor I saw and heave it way out and into the ocean, only to find that the rope was not attached!:eek:

Luckily we were able to get the motor running and I was able to contribute this little scribble I did of our adventure. Thank god we can joke about it now.

Enjoy,
    Biff

Attached Files:

29. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Wow what a great start to the friday art show. Gary,Britt,Sonny,Greg(RouhStock),pro-photo,and Norwell amazing work as always.

I started off shooting a survivor bike from the late 60's it was put into a barn in W.V in the late 70's and found a couple of years ago. The only thing changed on it where the bars and the carb the paint and chrome havent been touched.

I borrowed the lovely Miss V on her day off for these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.