Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing: Motor Speedway NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motor Speedway, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ELD

ELD

Shout out to DJ Mike for spinning some crazy sides.

2. mel and the gang it was avery cool show
    I did so many passes I ran out of adreniline
    there was a alot of nice cars
    cant wait to do it again
    HOT ROD ED

Attached Files:

3. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

isnt jackson next friday?

4. furious

furious
    from Hazlet, NJ

Yeah, I gotta second that. Great tunes!

5. ELD

ELD

That's a blast, thanks for the ride...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7zI9vK28Hs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7zI9vK28Hs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. ELD

ELD

Hope you don't mind Ed, I can't help myself, this is just too kool...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6PVx3aIACs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6PVx3aIACs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. bigkatt1974

bigkatt1974

Awesome night for sure,but IMHO it needs to be
    pre '65 because there are some great early 60's cars and
    trucks out there,that would be fun to watch make a few passes.
    What year was that Fairlane "Street Freak?" Did'nt look like a 58.Hmmm..

8. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

there was an 80s mustang in there friday night

9. the shadow

the shadow

he made several pass's down the strip, he was running around 105-107 in the 1/8th, I'd love to see him run the 1/4!

Paul

10. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Hey, you're 39 is killer, love what you did to the motor.:D

11. VanHorton

VanHorton

Thanks for comming out guys, it was great. I want to fill you all in and let you know that at the next one (we had it at this one to, but it will be organized better next time) we will have a pre 64 section outside of the main barn area... some exceptions will be made in the main part of the show as well... we are trying to keep this as traditional as possible, and the mustang guy was quickly filled in and he was totally cool and left, and really the galaxy gasser was just too cool not to let in :D i take full responsability for that, because i couldnt turn him away at the gate.

12. dude no problem I was waiting for this one to load and fell a sleep
    so thanks for telling my how to load them I will make more next time

13. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Ed, when you run out of adreniline let me know, I'd be happy to make a few laps in your car for you. LOL!!!! Had a blast last night and I didn't even bring a car. Gotta get the Gasser out there a few times this summer.

14. Jimv

Jimv

what where some of the ET's people where turning?
    JimV

15. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Exceptions should always be made for the right car. That 65 Galaxie is a purrrfect example. Great job Mel and the lads !!

16. Ok, so we said originally if you go back and read some of the 1st posts here, that we will make exceptions for wild stuff.

Meaning: If you have a 64 Fairlane or other, and it is stock and flat black.... it is not a hot rod, or even a warm stick.... so no go! But if it is built for speed with a chrome straight axle or some other she-ott.... it looks promising.

We don't wish to offend anyone, we dig later style cars. But we want to bring it back a bit, give us a chance... the 60's stuff runs on all the tracks already, we wanna run the earlier autos and bikes.

Really the rule is to keep out 1st time car owners whom think they are hot rodders with 4 door stockers. No offense, we all start somewhere, But we want to see some wrenching, some rivalry, and some care in what you wanna race or show. By the way, we do let in old classic/vintage stockers into the car show area... we want this to be diverse, and you will see old machinery coming soon, tools, tractors, all kinds of weird shit! Think mini Hershey with drag racing, killer music, and hot babes!

Also like to note.... that it is me, and two 19 year old twins running the show. We are exhausted from building the place, we could barely stand by each night. That Mustang 5.0 snuck in while we were away from the gate working on the movies, the music, etc, etc. He slid in from the Raceway Park races... It ain't easy... But we wanna try and do our best for you and the great state of NJ!.

There "is" a pre 64 car and later bike show before the drinking area.... which was where you all parked. It is only so big as it is only just the three of us to monitor. Normally you get stuck in a cage when drinking here, I fixed that. I also lowered the beer prices!
    It will get bigger as we grow and can afford a staff. Unfortunately, some new 90's cars parked in the area with the pre 64 and made it look like regular parking. We apologize!!! It was so hard to keep up!!! We have figured out how to do it better next weekend.

Note: We are making the pre 64 area a little more swanky for the customs, low riders and show stuff... think Watson style!

But again, it is just my old ass and my two young sexy boys... did I say that out loud, weird. We, are going to hook up the pre 64 area.... signs that say Motor Speedway at the entrance so you all don't get lost, poles for dancing, the works! We realize we have so much to do, and don't worry... it's all up in my head (scary). We just couldn't get it all done under the little time we had to bring this to you. Stay tuned, bare with us.... and thanks for your support.

Note: I have a strange feeling the the pre 64 area will look even cooler as I like painting in that realm. Keep "GOOGIE" alive!

Another nice piece of advice... if you don't like something, talk to us, we'll listen. Don't bring a shitty attitude and curse us, or walk away mumbling shitty things at us... we wanna make it sick.... for you! Nobody likes mean or shitty attitudes... plus, sometimes I snap! Hahahaaaa... so far, I've handled it pretty well!

Thanks for coming everyone, it was really great to talk with you all... you guys rule, and "we" got something good... finally!

Motor Speedway.... loves you!

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  17. Oh, and that fibergalsss Red and Black Vicky with the billet wheels, column, and speakers in the seats also slipped in. He then went down the track a few times without my knowledge too.

Let me tell you, that guy was so cool... he totally respected what we were up too and understodd once we talked. He told us he was going home to build something traditional.... so he can beat the pants off us. He is now our new friend.... and yes, I am worried!

Be well everyone! Get them cars running!

18. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

that video above is f$$in great ...that dude was haulin ass...

19. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

I had the best time ever! Thanks to everyone for the all the hard work. pretty girls, good music, cool bar, cheep booze, period cars and bikes, and to top it all off Drag Racing for anyone who wants to. All for one cheep price. everyone within a days drive should not miss out on the fun!

20. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

hard to believe that the bar was only built a few weeks ago.

Attached Files:

21. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

This weekend is just the start off it all, time to make some history!
    Thankyou Mel, Mike, Jeremy, The Oilers and everyone else for the goodtimes
    at MotorSpeedway. Racing the flatty down the track next to you guys was so nostalgic.........till next time.

Attached Files:

22. did you see the other one going over the bridge thats longer but not so fast to much traffic at 6 30 in the morning on sunday thought it would have been better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6PVx3aIACs
    my speeds started at 67.61 and my fast lap was 73.97
    that was the first time I was ever on a straight track
    IT was awesome

23. Jimv

Jimv

Bueller. Bueller!!
    JimV

24. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

you wont let a glass bodied vicky back in? at what point do you draw that line? is the tubbed flat black pro street chevy in the pics any more traditional? im just curious. not talking smack i like what you are doing but i think the event would still be great even with street rods. its not liek they are going to steel your show. i was going to come check it out saturday with my bud and his 32 plymouth coupe thats in the pics. but my essex isnt on the road right now and i decided to take one of the other cars out for a cruise.

25. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

Mel! I had a ball this weekend. Most fun I've had at the racetrack in a looong time! Can't believe I get paid too!
    For those of you that don't know me, my name is Walter. I am sort of the tech inspector / drag strip operator for Etown.
    Any questions about tech inspection or required equipment can be directed to me at [email protected].

We were a little bit lax on some things Saturday evening. While we won't be "tech nazis" there will be some definite requirements in the future.
    Properly installed seat belts will be an absolute requirement.
    Helmets will be required for all racers. The type of helmet will depend on the cars potential. We strongly suggest a Snell 2000 at a minimum.
    Competition cars will have more stringent rules than street legal cars.

Mufflers: Supercharged cars must have multi chambered mufflers. It is highly recommended that all cars utilize NJ street legal (multi-chambered mufflers).

Driver Apparel: Leather jacket or SFI jacket in all open body cars.
    Shirt with sleeves required in sedans and coupes.
    No shorts. No sandals.

These are basic rules. Each car will be teched on an individual basis.

Email me with any questions.
    Be safe! Have fun!
    WF

26. furious

furious
    from Hazlet, NJ

This reminds me... you gotta get a hot flag chick for at least a couple runs!

27. NOAH324

NOAH324

Nice work Mel -- great to see this thing get off the ground!!!!

28. :)Why not ask Jungle Pam, she's a HAMB'er ?

29. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

a must go to! had an awsome time! be down the next time after york