Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Royalshifter, What a guy.... do they come any cooler???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, May 23, 2009.

1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Yesterday I brought some engine parts over to Skips place and although I had been there before, my girlfriend had not. The tour began and we were hooked. So much has changed, the house... (and garages) are mindblowing to say the least. And I realized I forgot to bring a drool rag.... The number one requirement for visiting Skips garages... :D After hanging out for awhile and discussing the current projects he says, "Hey Josh, why don't you take the lady out for a ride?" and hands me the keys to his '32 5W.....(Aces and Eights... Or it used to be..!) :eek::D

Now I never had a doubt about his character, but Skip, you made my entire year. I just had to start this thread and say the hotrodding world is an awesome place with people like Mark and Kelly Skipper. I don't have much to give, but if you EVER need anything I will drop everything to help as much as I can. At a stop sign My girlfriend hopped out and snapped a pic.... You know, I still can't get that shit eating grin off my face!
    [​IMG]

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Skip rules.

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Agreed! One day I'm gonna take Skip up on the tour:D Rocky

4. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

He was still wearing the grin at 1am when I last saw him this morning!

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

damn-that's fucking awesome. what a guy. to be cool enough to toss you the keys to such a nice ride-must be a great dude.
    you're lucky.....
    cool-ass picture.

6. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

You will not regret it. He is the nicest and most laid back guy I have met in years.

HECK YEAH!!

7. collector

collector
    from madera,ca

yea, Mark and kelly are the best . Thanks you two . none better !:p

8. Muttley

Muttley

Yep

9. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Skip is a stand up guy. Kudos to you Mark.

10. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

How cool is that?! What a guy.

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Mark and Kelly are my heros. coolest ever.

12. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I'd have a hard time giving the keys back. that coupe rules!

13. spence-d

spence-d

It people like that who make hot rodding so great! - & there's a few of them around too...... they will just roll out the welcome mat & take you into he fold.

So long as your decent people they will pick up on it..... you reciprocate there kindness your circle of friends will expand......
    Spence.

14. skip is dreamy!:D

15. Nice one Royal; now THAT'S hot rodding !!

rat

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

not to mention the fact that he has got it made!

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I had the same thing happen to me with some keys and a Hot Rod many years ago and after that I have never been the same. There are those that you would trust your life with and Josh is one..........oh yeah and what a knockout of a Lady.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would like to meet the man they call "SKIP" one day. Your always one of the nicest dudes on the HAMB so I can only imagine how nice you are in person. Mighty big of you man.

19. rick finch

rick finch

Agreed...nice guy and he shares his toys! :cool: (must have learned that in kindergarten)

20. casper

casper

I second what everybody else said! Skipper has the perfect eye for tradition in everything he does or builds. He is truley blessed with an awesome supportive wife (Kelly)! He is living a King's life (royal). Mark and Kelly are the coolest people on the planet. I could go on and on but I'm starting to get all misty and sentimental !!!

21. Love Skip!....Kelly too. Best part of the H.A.M.B. is making quality friends like the Skippers. Nice people RULE!

22. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

skip is the real deal never met other than the hamb but i will a real stand up guy.sledge

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'll be out there next month and am really looking forward to meeting the Skippers and getting the grand tour. Just from a couple conversations on the phone, I can tell Mark is the real deal and a hell of a nice guy. :cool:
    Glad you posted this, AstroZombie!

Malcolm

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'll always remember that Skip was one of the first people to reach out to me when I joined the HAMB. Although we didn't actually meet for over a year after that, it was like seeing an old friend. Those types of people you never forget. Thank you, for that, Skip.

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ladyshifter just threw away all my hats.......she said that they are all to small now!! ha ha.

26. Von Franco

Von Franco

Mark and Kelly are the coolest.And man he likes his Dago Red lol.....................

27. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Well thanks to you letting me take the drive I had to throw away my pants!! :eek::D:eek:

Err..... Ummm..... :)

HaHa, oh yeah you got me good with the dishwasher handle by the way!

28. PoPo

PoPo

the reason we are all brothers/sisters in a way. Great story man.

29. Mark and Kelly are the coolest hot rodder's ever! And the Nimrod Garage is a MUST SEE!

30. Mark "Skip" Skipper is a helluva nice guy ... I'd say he's one of the coolest cats on the HAMB!

Awhile back Royalshifter PM'd me with a photo of our coupe from the November 1969 issue of R&C ... I wrote him back to thank him ... and just mentioned that a leaky roof destroyed a whole bunch of my father's magazine collection ... long story short, Skip sent me his copy of the magazine and has "ignored" my offers to pay him for it ... in a nutshell, they don't come any cooler than Skip!