Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Minnesota/Twin City Hambers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Newbomb Turk, Mar 11, 2009.

1. briancustoms

briancustoms

So, I've been told I don't fit in on this site, even though I'm scratch building parts for my "mini-truck" in a more "traditional" sort of way. Anyway, if it's done my the 13th, would I be allowed to join in this?

[​IMG]

It will hopefully be a silver metallic "suede" with different scallops then. If not, maybe I'll see some of you at the Shakopee cruise-ins when they start back up.

2. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

If it's done drive it. Doesn't matter to me what you drive.

3. What Turk said. We ain't too picky.

4. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

The drive in in Taylors Falls is the Root Beer Barrell.

In Oceola, not to fare from there, they have a show called Wings & Wheels. It's all free and a great show. They have over 1000 cars and bike show up. It's late summer early fall. Something to consider. Cruis'in and raise some hell and head to the Root Beer Barrell. Oh, the show is held on Saturday.

A buddy of mine is planning a cruise down river to Elmer's car museam in Fountain City WI this summer. Will post that when we have plans. :confused:

Shows are fun, but cruising is better! :eek:

Keep it posted, I'm in! :D

5. briancustoms

briancustoms

Ok, thanks guys. I just had a thread deleted on here where I was asking for inspirational photos of dashboards to help in building one for the truck. Apparently I posted too many photos of a non traditional hot rod after I was told I was on the wrong site by another member.:rolleyes:

6. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I'm going to my moms for Mothers day and i will talk to the folks at The Drive In and give them an approximate headcount/carcount. I figure the most central location to meet at will be Porkys on University Avenue in St. Paul. I'm thinkin we can plan on leaving Porkys around noon. Maybe hit up Titus's on the way and be at The Drive In sometime in the early afternoon. Eat, sit and B.S. and on the way back we could hit this http://www.autoswalk.com/event/4924/ if we all have the energy, or we could try a hostile take over of Porkys that evening.:D If you live north we could meet with some of you guys either at The Drive In or someplace on the way. Please try to help me keep people informed and give me some ideas or suggestions. And i would greatly appreciate riding with someone so i don't have to drive my 97 Nissan shitbox.

My phone # is 612-three eight four-0966. Feel free to call. Leave a message if i don't answer. Tim

7. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

I am planning on going as of right now, hopefully I won't have to work. I will meet up with everyone at Jeff's and go from there. I can't wait!

8. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

9. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I love your signature. lol

"He's an English guy.... who came to fight the Turkish!" hahaha

10. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I just sent a mass PM to everyone that responded. I hope i got everyone. Falcon Man has his PM's turned off so if anyone knows how to get a hold of him please do.

11. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Send one to me..................Rich

12. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Done.

13. titus

titus

my address is
    1159 omaha ave
    stillwater mn 55082

for those that are going to join the cruise at my place.

im not sure what time the cruise will be at my house, anyone have an idea?

ill be there all morning and afternoon hanging out.

JEFF

14. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

If we leave Porkys at noon that should put us at your place by 1ish. My phone # is 612-three eight four-0966.

Tim

15. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Hi folks, sounds like a good time will be had by all. I'm still not sure of my ability to attend. Chemo's kicking my ass.

16. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Sounds like I will be done with the parade thing by 12-12:30 so I could be to Titus' place by 1:00 or so to meet up with everyone. I am looking forward to this to meet a bunch of you and put a face to the names. Should be alot of fun.

17. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

18. briancustoms

briancustoms

weather.com says it will be 79 and one tiny cloud covering a small bit of the sun according to the graphic. :D

After driving my truck to the Frankensteiner's show in Elk River and back and to and from work all last week, I'm pretty confident it will survive the cruise. Now I just hope my 4-banger will keep up with you hot rodders and your big bad V8s. :D

19. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

Hey guys I need to back out. The trans in my daily is toast so I will be spending the day replacing that instead :-( Without the daily I can't get to my old man's place to pickup the Falcon :-(

20. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Hopefully the weather will hold out, all I have is the rain-x wiper system on the caddy!!

21. briancustoms

briancustoms

I love Rain-X, just use the wipers at a light to get the excess, once rolling they get turned off. But, I still think it would be a good idea for me to reinstall the wiper motor and wipers this week anyway.

22. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

You should be fine then, I'll just about guarantee that that cloud will be right over my driveway, since the '46 is in the garage I will be doing my trans outside.

23. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

:( I'm hoping and praying you'll feel up to it. Get better man.

24. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Well that just sucks. :(

25. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

Thanks for the concern, not a big deal, it just changes my priorities for the weekend. Its a front wheel drive car so I am planning on both days for the job, everything seems to go slower than I expect as I get older also. I picked up a trans last night and ordered the clutch on Monday so I should be good to go. Too bad my old man doesn't live in town anymore with the Falcon, it wouldn't hurt to take a few hours off for the cruise :-( I was going to take Friday off work, but yesterday I had some tissue scheduled so I am stuck going in for a 12 hour day.

26. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Well, maybe a fall cruise is in order. The St. Croix River valley is 1 beautiful drive.

27. I was all ready for this cruise but I have some dad stuff to attend to Saturday.
    Might make it to Anoka or Hastings though later in the day.
    Have fun gang.

28. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Well, shit. :(

29. briancustoms

briancustoms

Do we have an updated headcount for this then, with people dropping out?

30. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I didn't get responses from all the pm's so no, i don't know how many. I told the folks at the Drive In to prepare for 20 cars with 2 people per car. I'm really hoping for at least that. More would be cool.