Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 day week end who is working on car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slag Kustom, May 22, 2009.

1. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I love these weekends no work phone call or other crap in the way of getting some serious work done.

what do you plan to get done?

Going to finish the new f-100 steering box i have been carving out of a 30 pound chunk of 6061
    make brackets for fuel pump and run some lines

polish pressure regulator mount

weld some stuff that has just been tacked

2. Looks like we can expect rain from this low that has been stalled over us since Monday... so no... I may work on the boat Sunday though, it may come in handy... :)

I might get a wild hair on Saturday or Monday and build a model car... I haven't touched one in 6 years.

Maybe even see if I can get the boys to go to an indoor range?

3. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

unfortunately i will probably be working on my frame while my friends are out boating and having a good time , i'm a slave to my truck and there ain't no rest for the wicked !

4. rcoffey

rcoffey

Im going to hang a ford rear under my IHC .Then work on the floorpan of my fairlane
    and hopefully put the dash back together.With the bbq pit going!

5. Get the brakes finished up and bled in the '50 Chev. Swap over some new coker whites and if the gods are on my side get it out for the first spin around the block!

Then get cleaning it!

6. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I'll be hopefully doing the brakes on my 37 Dodge. If I can find some F(*&^%G BRAKE HOSES THAT FIT THIS DAMN CAR!(sorry, local parts houses are useless)

7. 187 speed

187 speed
    from central Il

I will be attempting to mount the suicide/hidden hinges and bearclaw latches on the FnA and hopefully get the grilleshell finished up!!!! After the honey do list of course

8. I hope my parts are on the stoop when I get home!

9. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

While many of my friends are having good times, I'll be doing a ton of metal work on my '36, all three days!

Should be productive!!

10. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

I will probably do some cleaning in the garage to try to get my work space back.

11. pila38

pila38

Finally going to finish blasting the frame, and hopefully start boxing it.

12. 53choptop

53choptop

It's gonna be a good one, i am going to clip my 57 with a camaro clip.

I actually started yesterday, removing the fenders, but progress got sidetracked when I got attacked by wasps that had started a hive underneath the fender well. Got stung on the face and arms, had forgotten how much those bitches hurt.:mad:

Attached Files:

13. 61falcon

61falcon

not me, i'm driving it every chance i get this weekend!

14. 53choptop

53choptop

and that too :D....its nice to have a project and a driver at the same time......it been years since I have been able to say that...

15. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

sounds like the perfect weekend to me!!!

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm picking up a free Nissan truck ;)
    Also, fix that damn alternator / ac problem on the 50 Burb (see other thread)
    Swap out injectors for bigger ones on the Burb as well.

Maybe some Nash time on my daughter's 57 Metropolitan.
    Beer. I start another round of chemo next week, so I want some beer this week.

17. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I'd like to finish my four bar and install my front panhard bar. But Sunday is BEATERSVILLE! The only work I plan is 12 oz curls.

18. crashgravis

crashgravis

my weekend started today :D i sand blasted my front backing plates and then started on the model A's quarter panel to be . i then primed everything . i will finish the quarter tomorrow and then start sand blasting other parts . i bought 400 pounds of sand , so that should keep me busy this weekend .

19. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I wish I could be working on something fun but instead I have to fix my parts chaser truck.

20. We're gonna put a throw out bearing in DJR13's chebby tomorrow so we can make Back to the Beach worry-free.

maybe i'll clean my garage on sunday so i can get going on my big block bucket.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I guess I just started, put a pair of round back spindles in the degreaser. Hope to do something with the Roadster subrails and pull out some of the Lyndwood parts that need finishing. Thanks to everyone who served, I really do think about you this weekend, and we're greatful for what you've done.

22. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

Thanks to everyone who served, I really do think about you this weekend, and we're greatful for what you've done.[/QUOTE]

well put...i second that. without vets we may not have the freedom to enjoy what we sometimes take for granted.

23. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'd LIKE to get the '36 painted, but instead, I'll be healing the sick and infirm. It's my weekend to work, and, lucky me, my holiday to work so it's a three day work weekend for me. Plus, we just were informed no more weekend differential, holiday or overtime bonus, so, straight time. Nursing ain't what it used to be...

24. RAY With

RAY With

Well all I have is a couple of rods that need oil and filter changes and other that that I will log some miles this weekend and lay on my ass a lot.

25. Cshabang

Cshabang

I had it all planned out to work on my truck (needs work so I'm lowering it) until UPS sent my parts to the wrong truck and said they can't do anything about it...Its been a battle all week...At least I got some of the parts...to bad the missing parts the needed ones...

26. Hope to get some roadster work done this weekend. Finished the chassis and put the body back on for the last time! Trailered the thing down to a friends paint shop to tweak the body for a nice coat of flat black. Could barely roll it around as the front backing plates (early 50's Ford truck) had a drag on the Buick drums - took them apart and trimmed the edges of the plates on a brake lathe and now they spin free! Next step could be to wire it up. And OUCH! I ordered a windshield with a set of stanchions and posts today - you would think that stuff is gold plated! OK, I'm headed out to the shop now to check out our wiring kit I've had for two years or so....
    But one thing for sure - I'M NOT WORKING AT THE JOB THIS WEEKEND!

27. Bout got the garage re-arranged so I can get Sweetie's pickup back in .
    Just gotta move a couple of things.

The 31 roadster is up on ramps and the plan is to drill some holes in the floor pan for E-brake cable Adel clamps.

Might get ambitious and run the cable for the B&M comp shifter.

Then get back to work on polishing the wheels and maybe some lathe work on a gas cap I'm building.

Indy's on Sunday, is it not?

Raining here now, most cool . . . we need it....

28. You may want to take a look at state work regulations, 40 hour work week etc.

If it's like Sunny California, time and a half etc. is state law after 8 or 40 hours.
    The company also has to post the state - and federal - work laws in a conspicious place.

29. RClark

RClark

I just started back on my Model A project thts been sitting idle for over a year. I plan to spend most of my weekend in the shop for some long awaited progress.

30. whid

whid

mine started today as well,mamam has to work late all weekend so i'm pretty much alone.went to springfield ohio swapmeet today had a blast,came home dicked around and spent 3 1/2 hrs painting on the 49's frame.tomorrow is more painting and the annual big boy cruise in at middletown oh.lookin forward to it................dave